The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

The 2000s one shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but nothing jumps to mind.

Something from Christopher Young perhaps?

Is he really that prolific nowadays?

Yeah he is (not just this year):

2014 The Single Moms Club

2014 Xi you ji: Da nao tian gong (The Monkey King)

2013 A Madea Christmas

2013 Gods Behaving Badly

2013 Killing Season

2013 Love's Routine (Video short)

2013 The Smile Man (Short)

2013 Saving Norman (Video short)

2012 Scary or Die

2012 The Baytown Outlaws

2012 The Ghostmaker (main theme and coffin music by)

2012/I Sinister

2011 Fanboy (Short)

2011 Rumdiary

2011 Priest

2010 The Black Tulip

2010 Gone with the Pope

2010 When in Rome

2009 The Saboteur (Video Game)

2009 Love Happens

2009/I Creation

2009 Drag Me to Hell

2009 The Uninvited

Still not as many scores as Desplat!

So any guesses what Desplat score went unreleased at the time of the release of the film?

I already checked, there's not really any Desplat film score that fits the clues. Besides, for some reason I don't see Intrada releasing any Desplat score; they seem to have a quite different taste.

So any guesses what Desplat score went unreleased at the time of the release of the film?

I'm not saying that the score Intrada is talking about is one by Desplat!

Young is a more likely candidate. I agree with you.

I'm not saying that the score Intrada is talking about is one by Desplat!

Young is a more likely candidate. I agree with you.

How about Young's 2010 Gone with the Pope? Although it is some 1970s grindhouse film never released and Young is credited as one of five composers.

Is this some kind of flashforward documentary to the Hobbit scoring process?

I have the same thing with La-La Land. Up until Empire of the Sun I was buying most of their stuff. These days, hardly anything picks my interest. They changed their focus to other stuff than archival releases.

Karol

Had to check my e-mails to remind myself of the last LE I bought - it was LLL's X-Files FtF reissue and Naked Gun - 6 months ago.

Amazingly, there's not much I need. Although I eagerly await whichever label is doing Ghostbusters 2 :)

Give it time. Things get delayed and they have to substitute in other things until the approvals finally happen. Plenty of good stuff coming

• 2 weeks later...

Roger posted the following on Intrada board:

We have four scores from the 90s for your consideration. First up is a 2-CD set of an expanded mid-90s score -- an outdoor thriller that packs quite a bite.

The second album crams on three scores from the early 90s, all by the same composer. From zanny comedy to the heartfelt drama to frenetic animation, it's a nice cross section of this composer's diversity...all previously unreleased.

The Ghost and the Darkness?

Karol

I predict the second title is David Newman's Coneheads (zany comedy) / Talent for the Game (heartfelt drama) / Itsy Bitsy Spider (frenetic animation) - all Paramount scores.

I predict the second title is David Newman's Coneheads (zany comedy) / Talent for the Game (heartfelt drama) / Itsy Bitsy Spider (frenetic animation) - all Paramount scores.

I guessed right!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9584/.f?sc=13&category=-113

Meanwhile, the latest titles going Out Of Print (on May 4th) are:

Alex North - Sounder / Decision for Chemistry

Henry Mancini - The White Dawn

Clues for Tuesday's titles

I'm posting clues a day early beacuse we might reveal one title a littler earlier and I didn't want to encroach on those that like the clue game. For those that don't like the clue game...why are you reading this?

Okay, one title comes from the dead center of the 90s and is a massive epic sci-fi score now expanded to fill two CDs. Interestingly the score was recorded twice, once in London and then again in the US. The program on the CD was taken from the London sessions that weren't even in the film.

The second title is a gem. Coming from the dead center of the 80s, it's been a particular crusade for me to restore this beauty because the original LP program's mix did not include a lot of sweeters - timpani, triangle, xylophone, harp, etc. Not to mention all that great unreleased music! It's all here, greatly expanded on this 2-CD set.

http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6662

Sounds like Judge Dredd and Return to Oz to me!

I didn't know the Judge Dredd score was recorded twice....

I've never heard Return to Oz before, or seen the movie.

I'll see if any tracks are on Spotify.

Judge Dredd is an insta-buy. I hope the Goldsmith trailer cue is on it.

Gah!!!! I hope this is Return To Oz! The clue seems to fit. And I'm glad it is 2 CD because that means it likely still includes the LP program on the 2nd disc. I think the complete score would honestly fit on one CD since there isn't a ton of unreleased material (maybe 10-15 minutes?), with the original program being close to about 50 minutes. The LP/CD program was actually a very good edit and representation of the score, so it being likely to still be included is awesome. And to be remastered!

But man, there are some great little bits like the clue suggests that would be awesome to finally have, along with entire cues dropped. Two I am looking forward to the most are the music when Dorothy sneaks into Mombi's bedroom to steal the key and then wakes up the original head. Some scary material there! And then when their flight on the gump gets interrupted when it falls apart mid-air and they plummet to the Nome King's Mountain. That was a a fun bit of music.

You've never heard Return To Oz?! One word: gorgeous.

This part of Roger's post was interesting: "the original LP program's mix did not include a lot of sweeters - timpani, triangle, xylophone, harp, etc."

Sounds like Judge Dredd and Return to Oz to me!

I didn't know the Judge Dredd score was recorded twice....

Actually that would make a lot of sense. Because I've watched it enough times, I know for a fact that in the film the score sounds quite different from the one from the soundtrack album (best heard during the opening titles). So it would have to be 2 different recordings.

And to just state my enthusiasm about Judge Dredd getting an expansion 20 years later !!! :worship:

Another kick-ass Silvestri. :rock::cheer::w00t:

I was waiting for someone to take Roger's use of the word crusade out of context from his earlier statement that the title is from the dead center of the 80's and jump to the conclusion that it was The Last Crusade.

I'm not a biggest fan of Judge Dredd. It's well composed and shows of more epically and fleshed out side of Silvestri that I'm sort of missing from his later works (after The Mummy Returns, that is). And as enjoyable as those pieces are in isolation I always felt this score was a bit unmemorable. I to this day cannot tell if it has a main theme of any sort. Can't remember anything that sticks out. But I'm willing to give it a chance, it might work better on the long programme.

Return to Oz is a lovely score. Really happy to see this one. David Shire is the man.

Karol

Wow, the main theme of Judge Dredd is very memorable to me. I can hum it right now.

It's certainly a better score than, say, Eraser.

I've never heard Return to Oz before, or seen the movie.

It's an amazing score, written by a truly underrated composer, co-orchestrated by Herb Spencer and performed by the LSO: