Who got these recent John Williams releases?

Josh500

Who got these recent John Williams releases?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" (the 3D re-release)?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Not yet, but I am planning to.
  2. 2. Did you get "A Tribute to John Williams - An 80th Birthday Celebration"?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Did you get "The Music Of John Williams: The Definitive Collection"?

• Yes.
    • No.
  4. 4. Did you get "John Williams & The Boston Pops Orchestra: A Celebration"?

• Yes.
    • No.
  5. 5. Did you get "Nightwatch/Killer by Night"?

• Yes.
    • No.
  6. 6. Did you get "Midway" (Original Soundtrack Premiere)"?

• Yes.
    • No.
  7. 7. Did you get "1941" (Expanded Edition)?

• Yes.
    • No.
  8. 8. Did you get "On Willows and Birches (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra)" (Digital Release)?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got ON WILLOWS AND BIRCHES and NIGHTWATCH. My interest is primarily with previously unreleased works, not compilations or expansions etc. I already have everything on those compilations anyway.

I'm not planing on getting the new release of "The Phantom Menace", nor the Philips compilation. Still haven't bought the Sony and Silva compilations due to some unexpected expenses at home, but plan in correcting that in the next couple of weeks.

All the rest is already looking great on my CD shelves.

I bought: Harp Concerto, 1941 expansion, and I bought just the "Happy Birthday Variations" track from the compilation

I'm planning on buying: Nightwatch and Midway (I have the rerecording for the latter, so this is pretty low on my Williams "to buy" list)

If I find myself with enough money in the distant future, then I'll try to buy every single JW release, even straight reissues or compilations of already released music, for the sake of collecting. But most likely I'll avoid those.

Maybe I should get "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" (the 3D re-release)" after all!

If nobody gets it, it might turn out to become a valuable Collector's Item in 10 years!

:P

I'm only really interested in new/unreleased music, so I bought Nightwatch/Killer by Night, Expanded 1941, and Midway. I didn't buy any of the compilations or the Harp concerto, mainly because I'm holding out for a CD release. I'm not a big fan of digital downloads unless they're uncompressed and come with artwork and liner notes. They may be the future, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm only really interested in new/unreleased music, so I bought Nightwatch/Killer by Night, Expanded 1941, and Midway. I didn't buy any of the compilations or the Harp concerto, mainly because I'm holding out for a CD release. I'm not a big fan of digital downloads unless they're uncompressed and come with artwork and liner notes. They may be the future, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

If they are the future they ought to be uncompressed and come with artwork and liner notes.

The files available for download at bso.org are higher quality than CD. But sadly no notes whatsoever...

I have gotten thusfar 1941, Midway and On Willows and Birches. I might buy the Sony compilation in the future but I'll leave the other two on the shelf. I'll also be buying Nightwatch in the future as well.

Out of these, I only bought 1941 and Midway.

I always try to get the JW score releases, Complete, Expanded, or just your regular release...