The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Arrives This Fall!

Yes.

For this second challenge, the Word of God, Indy deduces that he must spell the name of God in order to proceed. However, when he steps down on the stone marked with a letter 'J', for Jehovah, the rock collapses beneath him and he nearly falls into an enormous chasm below. Initially, the scene was filmed with Harrison Ford stepping on the wrong stone and being attacked by a big spider but the result wasn't satisfactory enough and they came up with the a chasm underneath.

http://www.indianajones.de/indy3/texte/making_05.php#

I'm quite surprised no one is already taking potshots at the new audio mix news (supervised by JWFan archnemesis Ben Burtt nonetheless), especiallty considering how many people always went bananas toward these kind of things in the past.

I didn't know; but was that Ben Burtt's mix? I think it's not so much Apples and Oranges, actually.

Well, I guess we will find out. Maybe Spielberg really prefers to have both on the Blu Ray. In any case, too bad that the other movies apparently don't get that much love; I'd say Temple of Doom and Last Crusade would have benefitted from a 4K restoration as well

Well won't the original mix be on the set as well?

The press release doesn't mention it. It's still quite vague in terms of tech specs, it just says Raiders will sport a brand-new audio mix in DTS-HD 5.1

price needs to drop by 1/2 or more. this set is worth 30 bucks tops.

8 each for the original trilogy films (call it Jason's rule) and 6 bucks for Kotcs

I'd say Temple of Doom and Last Crusade would have benefitted from a 4K restoration as well

What? no restoration on the other films?

I don't believe this is the case.

I just thought they were talking about Raiders as an example of what they did.

8 each for the original trilogy films (call it Jason's rule) and 6 bucks for Kotcs

Don't buy it when it comes out! Wait a few months. It'll drop in price.

I thought so too. Pretty sure they did a full restoration on all the films

Nope. Only Raiders has been fully restored in 4K. The press release says it clear:

INDIANA JONES: THE COMPLETE ADVENTURES ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY™ FOR THE FIRST TIME, COMPLETELY REMASTERED AND INCLUDING A METICULOUSLY RESTORED VERSION OF RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

Nope. Only Raiders has been fully restored in 4K. The press release says it clear:

This sucks.

And is stupid. In about 2 to 5 years they will probably eventually do this to the other films and have another grander box set in order to buy.

Well, we know that new HD versions of the sequels were created which have been broadcast on television. So those should at least be a serious improvement over the DVD versions. What I'm getting at is I'm thinking it won't be a case like the Star Wars Trilogy. You know, sourced from outdated early 2000s DVD master.

It'll probably be like the Alien set - the first two got full-on restorations, the latter two used the masters struck for the Anthology DVD. So Temple/Crusade will look pretty good, but not as good as Raiders.

Don't buy it when it comes out! Wait a few months. It'll drop in price.

I will wait on this set. Jaws, ET, Airport, Titanic, are all more immediate buys.

This sucks.

well i agree..

I had said that in the Hook release too.

"If you want to do something, do it right or don't do it at all!"

Very dissapointed if that's the case..

What's the difference with 4K?

Why does it matter for Blu Ray that can only play 1080p

4K is a resolution much more akin to the original film texture. There's much less information loss and it preserves the film nuances more clearly and vividly.

It must be said that full 4K (or 8K) restorations are very expensive. Studios of course aren't restoring and updating every single title of their library at the maximum resolution possible. They're choosing the most important and beloved ones. I guess Lucasfilm and Paramount probably started with the oldest (and historically more important) film of the bunch.

All 3 trilogy films were restored, relax. It was done back in 2008. Paramount were aiming to release the films on Bluray back in time for KOTCS, but Spielberg wasn't happy with the existing Lowry HD masters (these were used for the DVDs back in 2003). There's been screenshots of the new masters floating around for a few years (captured off HDTV broadcasts) and they look STUNNING. You couldn't get a single pixel more information off that celluloid. Shows how far film scanning and restoration has improved in the 6 years since Lowry remastered the trilogy.

Yes, from what I gather new HD transfers were made of all three original films a few years ago. However, the 4K restoration of Raiders was done last year (off of the original 35mm negative) and has been publicly shown a few times (one time last year in LA with Spielberg attending).

I am more than happy that Raiders is the film that got the special treatment. That's the one that matters most to me. And besides, the other two will still look pretty damn good nonetheless.

Jason, you look like Vader and you now speak like KM.

No, "Yep" is a very Jay LeBlanc typical answer. He's been using it a lot lately.

Yep was an early KM comment, especially in his early post counting days.

back in the great Phantom Zone Days, Stefancos, King Mark, and ChrisChrusherComix.

the tv version I saw he says it into a gun instead of a walkie talkie.