Pixar's Inside Out

Jay

• 2 months later...

I would imagine that the emotions at the control panel experience time and reactions faster in relation to the humans they have control over.

Looks...meh. Could be funny I guess?

While I do admit the comedy appears forced, it mostly looks like a matter of duration.

Those kind of parent-child arguments that happen in real life happen much faster than depicted in the trailer, so the comedy here is unintentionally cannibalizing itself due to real-life conventions beyond itself.

OK, finally saw the trailer. It's... kinda weird!

I can't imagine the youths of today will be clamoring to see that movie.

Looks fun and hopefully a return to form. Pete Docter has a good track record as a writer and director so far.

It's... kinda weird!

Don't forget people said the same about Ratatouille, Wall*E, and Up before they were released. :P

It does look more promising than their latest endeavours though. I'll probably go in cautiously optimistic. I long for the days when Pixar was bold and daring with their pictures.

You could say the same about the family discussions in The Incredibles. But personally I remember that stuff affecting me the most when I watched it in 2004, it felt like a real family with real problems. It was one of those movies were I felt it wasn't talking down to its audience, and now as a more educated adult, I find it even more brilliant for daring to go into those family dynamics in what could have ended up being just an action animation.

• 1 month later...

Toy Story 3 just feels really sloppy to me. The humor is noticeably more immature (much more bodily fluid humor), the tonal shifts are egregious, and the overall theme was already covered satisfyingly in Toy Story 2.

I'm sorry but if you're going to lie you need a more convincing argument.

To use Cars 2 as a counterpoint to Toy Story 3 is a tough sell to begin with but you do it badly to begin with.

Cars 2 does on occasion seem more balanced than Toy Story 3. It's hardly ever anything more than a fun, escapist kids' movie, even if it tries to sell a plot that's too convoluted for its own good. Toy Story 3 goes through a lot more tonal shifts.

More balanced? If you are going to make such statements you really need to qualify it with some backup. Otherwise it sounds as ridiculous as Mr. Big's statement. Both highly unbelievable.

It's one thing to say I like Cars 2 better, that's easy to understand. But to say more balanced speaks to quality.

• 5 months later...