The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

A prediction for the mystery title that just occurred to me is a complete Apocalypse Now. "Meh" for some people, but it would imply that LLL now has access to the American Zoetrope archives, and that could lead to complete Godfather scores, Dracula, etc.

2 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

A prediction for the mystery title that just occurred to me is a complete Apocalypse Now. "Meh" for some people, but it would imply that LLL now has access to the American Zoetrope archives, and that could lead to complete Godfather scores, Dracula, etc.

Uhhhhh

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/ApocalypseNowDS.html

I know that's the unused score.  But still, "La La Land Records and American Zoetrope present...." is already a thing

LLL did a Facebook update.  6/26 will be 100 Rifles/Rio Conchos for $24.98, Man With One Red Shoe for $19.98, and ???? for $19.98. 

They say "the last one is still a mystery.  There will be a separate press release for this title and the series it represents as soon as the studio gives us the thumbs up on the PR!"

So Thomas Newman's The Man With One Red Shoe from 1985 is the Fox title he had talked about before, then.

As for the mystery title, hmm, "the series it represents".  Maybe Monsters scores from Universal?  Dracula, Wolfman, Invislble Man, Mummy, Frankenstein, etc?

Maybe just "The Mummy" series, and they're starting with "Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" or one of the Scorpion King spinoffs before later giving us Goldsmith's and SIlvestri's?

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'm excited for the new LLL/Universal series:  "The Jurassic Park III Collection."  Every month for the next two years, a new release of Jurassic Park III.

I was more thinking a Carnosaur box set, featuring the riveting work of Nigel Holton, Ed Tomnney and Kevin Kiner!

I just read that part too!

Could it mean on July 31st we not only get Balfe's MI6 OST, but a complete edition of Elfman's MI1?

Wait a minute!  Could the ""the series it represents" comments mean the June 26 title is a lesser MI film and the implication is that they're expanded all 5 catalog titles?  That'd be cool!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Could the ""the series it represents" comments mean the June 26 title is a lesser MI film and the implication is that they're expanded all 5 catalog titles?  That'd be cool!

Then they would surely start with Elfman's attempt. ;)

3 minutes ago, Fal said:

If the series is from Universal would that rule out MI? I believe MI is Paramount?

I saw MV's old comment that "something is coming June 19 or July 5" in the Unversal thread, so yea, I do assume the mystery title is PROBABLY from Universal, but you never know if he thought something OTHER than the mystery title that is from Universal was going to be coming on those days too but got delayed.  Who knows

There was mention that the mystery title was one of two releases, either a Fox release or something else. The Universal title could have been delayed, maybe pushed to July. But the "Impossible Missions" statement screams something related to Mission: Impossible, either TV show or (more likely, IMHO) the movie series.

This, IMHO, would be an awesome development, as Elfman's Mission score is awesome.

On a side note, was it Universal that released Men In Black?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Maybe just "The Mummy" series, and they're starting with "Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" or one of the Scorpion King spinoffs before later giving us Goldsmith's and SIlvestri's?

LLL cannot take away The Mummy from Intrada. They're stuck in a circle of Goldsmith re-releases and The Mummy is their only hope to free themselves.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I could definitely see it being something like that and Universal is deciding on the "Dark Universe" branding or whatever.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Wait a minute!  Could the ""the series it represents" comments mean the June 26 title is a lesser MI film and the implication is that they're expanded all 5 catalog titles?  That'd be cool!

This comes back to the fact that we couldn't see MV saying the "meh" comment about any of the composers associated with Mission: Impossible

LLL already released one of the Scorpion King spinoffs anyway:

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/ScorpionKing4.html

Also, Varese controls The Scorpion King (the original) as well as Tomb of the Dragon Emperor in perpetuity, if I'm not mistaken. 

Yavar

7 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

LLL already released one of the Scorpion King spinoffs anyway:

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/ScorpionKing4.html

LOU FERRIGNO!

Anyway, a release not many are asking for but I would be excited to have is a premiere release of David Newman's score for the 1994 Flintstones movie (released by Universal).

Alvin_and_the_chipmunks_meet_frankenstein_vhs_cover.jpg

"La-La Land Records is proud to announce Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein: The Complete Recordings, with music by the great [insert some guy's name here]. Limited Edition of 5 units. Price $1.99."

The premiere release of the Holiday Special score featuring guest artists Bea Arthur and Jefferson Starship!

46 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

That's a fun google image search

Oh I bet you enjoyed that alright you dirty pervert. 

Plus Silvestri's Van Helsing and Elfman's Wolfman.  I guess technically there was Tyler's new Mummy score too, but it's so recent and seems to be pretty much complete already?

I think that's the most likely Universal "series."  I'd buy expansions of the first two Mummy movies, as well as Elfman's Wolfman.  I think there's a lot of cultural value in preserving and releasing archival quality recordings of the classic Universal Monsters movies - but, as with many releases, it would be Not For Me.