La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

Pass. I thought we were getting a real grail. Not this joke. Thanks for saving my wallet LLLR.

All kidding aside I think it's fantastic this is finally getting an expanded release so the whining and moaning for it can finally come to an end. It's a great score . A masterpiece even but the diehard fans of it hurt my excitement for this after their whining for it during LLLR Black Friday release and during their Valentine's Day releases. B/c of some of you guys' impatience for Hook.

Soooooo....this would be a bad time to drop that 100% authentic, complete and entire set of "Hook" recording sessions (in flac, of course) that I just came across, right??? :whistle:

peideuwhkdmijfigre9;do March 27th needs to be here now LOL.

This will be one hell of a long wait..

Oh; and lonzoe, go kiss some more elfman ass.

Why don't I kiss your Mom's instead.

No personal "attacks" guys.....

Soooooo....this would be a bad time to drop that 100% authentic, complete and entire set of "Hook" recording sessions (in flac, of course) that I just came across, right??? :whistle:

no not at all! :lol:

the diehard fans of it hurt my excitement for this after their whining for it during LLLR Black Friday release and during their Valentine's Day releases. B/c of some of you guys' impatience for Hook.

What? How does a group of excited fans make you like the work less?

the diehard fans of it hurt my excitement for this after their whining for it during LLLR Black Friday release and during their Valentine's Day releases. B/c of some of you guys' impatience for Hook.

What? How does a group of excited fans make you like the work less?

I didn't say I like the Hook score less. i enjoy the score very much and think it really helped the film. And was a character into itself.I said my excitement or should I say anticipation for it isn't as big or high as it would've been if some of the complaining for it not being in theBlack Friday releases last year. Some up here were questioning why Scrooged, Fat Man and Little Boy and Die Hard are considered grails to some? And why Hook wasn't included in the sale? Then during the Valentine's Day releases some were ticked that Elfman's POTA score was the 3 disc set and not Hook. Even to the point that some didn't want to believe it when LLLR pretty much confirmed it.

Basically b/c of some users impatience for this release (when we all knew it was coming it was only a matter of time and patience) is why I'm not as excited for this as I would've been if some weren't whining about it everyday. That's why LLLR posted that on FB so people would stop moaning to them about it's release date..

Not even mingling with unreleased tracks? Like (for example) Treks 2, 4, etc?

Well 1941 had it because the OST tracks were different recordings

I don't think so, those were original recordings. Different takes in a few spots, but it wasn't a Jaws/Fury situation.

YESSSSS!!!! This is so WIZZARD.

I am so excited to hear this score in great sound quality and complete. I really can't stand the fuzzy bass-lacking Concorde sound.

I wonder why title is "expanded" rather than "complete."

I really doubt anything from the musical would be included...probably nothing ever recorded. I'm geussing it will be two jam packed discs, no OST. Who needs it anyway?

They most certainly are NOT! Did you not read the notes at all???

MV made a decision a while back to NEVER title a La-La Land release as "complete" even when it is.

1941 is 100% complete and perfect and even that one says "Expanded" on the cover

HOOK! HOOK! SHOW US THE HOOK! :D

Confirmation! Finally the concrete confirmation!

This is pure awesomeness wrapped in a thick slice of brilliance topped by pure fantastic! :groupwave:

And on a more serious note, I think that if there is room on Disc 2 of most LLL releases they do release the OST with the expanded (=complete) score. But if the score is so long it bridges into the 2nd disc they usually fill the rest of it with alternates and other bonus material.

MV stopped labeling these releases 'complete'; there was endless nagging over it being a misnomer because some alternate take, clean ending or other minutia wouldn't be on there.

Generally LLL's releases are complete though (Home Alone, 1941, Batman Returns, etc.).

They most certainly are NOT! Did you not read the notes at all???

Some of the overlays (i.e. clarinet solo in "Swing Swing Swing") are different takes. Maybe that doesn't count as a new recording (although technically it is a new recording for the clarinetist), but it's still a different version of the track than that on the OST. So KM's point about why the OST was a necessary addition for the expansion is still true.

I nominate LLL the label of the year right now! :)

My number 1 holy grail is finally being released and by a label that I know has done their best with it.

My #1 most desired Williams score in complete form. So glad to see it happening! :D

No one has yet to claim this release is complete.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have 1/20th of a tracklisting (estimated):

This continuous track (but indexed) of pure film score glory:

5. The Ultimate War: To War** 9:45

6. The Ultimate War: The Death Of Rufio* 2:36

7. The Ultimate War: Sword Fight* 5:32

* Previously unreleased

** Contains previously unreleased material

http://filmscoremont...=2&r=365#bottom

My #1 most desired Williams score in complete form. So glad to see it happening! :D

No one has yet to claim this release is complete.

Well gosh darn if it will be just the OST with alternate "When You're Alone" remix then it will portend death and doom for LLL. But given their track record with these "expanded" scores the complete score is not unlikely.

* Previously unreleased

I can't but look at that with a stupid happy grin on my face.

Roger Feigelson from Intrada says

I for one LOVE this score. I think it's phenomenal. The 14-minute Remembering Childhood sequence is mesmerizing. If that was the only piece Williams wrote for the score, it would still me a landmark in his career. Other highlights like "You Are the Pan" give me goosebumps.

I can tell you MV broke his back to pull this off. He'd give me periodic updates on progress and I can tell you it was an amazing feat to pull this off.

And while I can't fault anyone for not appreciating this score and passing on it, I can say that posting such just seconds after it is announced is heartbreaking to me to read and it's not my album!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=56187#p56187

* Previously unreleased

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

This release is going to sell out fast with something as awesome as that!!!!

Wow, that looks awesome. I can't wait!

Why are those tracks listed as 5-7? Shouldn't they be near the end of the track list?

EDIT: Ah nevermind, they're probably on disc 2.

bowdown bowdown bowdown bowdown bowdown

And the cover art is cool :)

Indeed. I forgot to mention that. Very cool design and very much along the lines I was hoping it would look like.

I am quite sure Matessino was onboard with this release. I can't imagine anyone more enthusiastic about this score than him (and of course MV who has done an arduous job to get this released apparently).

I am seriously considering getting 2 copies of this release.

One for myself, and the other one for . . . who knows? This is a treasure! :P

I hope 10000 ;)

Yes.

If it's only 3,000 this might be sold out within 24 hours!

If it's only 5,000 within a week!

:lol:

Why buy 2 copies? That's fucking stupid... Better buy 3.

One for me, one to resell on ebay 2 years from now, one as an extra insurance in case something happens to my copy.

:lol:

Why buy 2 copies? That's fucking stupid... Better buy 3.

One for me, one to resell on ebay 2 years from now, one as an extra insurance in case something happens to my copy.

Josh you do what everyone else does. Make a FLAC copy of the tracks and store the original CDs in the airtight bombshelter of your apartment for which you have the only key. Safe and sound. CDs are for hoarding in a dark deep place in the vaults of your JW shrine.