The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 Reboot film)

Trent B

Because, supposedly, this toy uses the film's design of the Lizard. So, this gives us a rough idea of what he will look like in the film. And he doesn't have a snout. I want him to have the snout. Can you tell me where the snout is?

I demand an anatomically correct lizard snout!

I on the other hand, don't have much faith in this film. I'm still pretty unsure why its being made at all (besides for money). And the trailer just sold me to believe this film will suck. I'll watch it for James Horner's score though! Its been a while since we've had a superhero score from the guy!

• 1 month later...

It looks more like its own entity as opposed to just a remake of the 2002 film (but it definitely suffered from the syndrome that affected the Raimi films: Spider-Man being unmasked). That said, I'm still not sold on it.

The cinematography looks phenomenal, though.

I was always going to see it, but it doesn't make the first trailer any less shit. This trailer however, was a much better one, and so yes. I will be at the midnight showing of this one.

Not sure if it will be better than the Raimi ones though.

I find it perturbing they've gone down the darkness route. I always wanted a spidey film that looked like Donner's Superman.

Did you not see the Raimi films?

Each one completely follows the first three Superman films, complete with strong American images like the flag prominently displayed in all three.

Um, then don't watch it? How can you judge something that with half of the required senses? It'd be like judging a concert while being deaf. Eh, the conductor looked like he was doing an okay job.

I'm just talking about the visuals. It does seem to be ok except some unfinished CGI.

This looks really dull.

I must agree. God, I hate modern trailers. Does every line have to be whispered? It's so EPIC!!!! Gimme a break. Look in the early source material and you'll find punchy, upbeat, fun stories that resemble none of this.

Look in the early source material and you'll find punchy, upbeat, fun stories that resemble none of this.

Didn't you hear?

It is the UNTOLD story!

I have to agree that this looks pretty average.

And it looks as if Gwen is playing a blond MJ, with a little more sex thrown in.

Judging by the trailer, I also think Maguire captured the nerdy persona of Peter Parker a lot better than this guy.

The most interesting aspect still remains Horner's score.

Judging by the trailer, I also think Maguire captured the nerdy persona of Peter Parker a lot better than this guy.

Maquire played Peter Parker as a traditional "Revenge Of The Nerds" type nerd.

Gardfield has more of a "nerd-chique" thing going on. The modern nerd is highly affluent, actually has lots of friends and can even be attractive.

Gardfield has more of a "nerd-chique" thing going on. The modern nerd is highly affluent, actually has lots of friends and can even be attractive.

Which is the complete opposite of who Peter Parker is. Raimi's movies faltered in many ways but they nailed Peter's character. It's like remaking Star Trek and having Spock be a complete dick who makes really illogical dec... oh wait.

*cringe*

No offense Stefan, but you're venturing out of your comfort zone here. And not for the first time this week. Sort your act out man! What's going on?

Which is the complete opposite of who Peter Parker is. Raimi's movies faltered in many ways but they nailed Peter's character. It's like remaking Star Trek and having Spock be a complete dick who makes really illogical dec... oh wait.

Probably the best post I've read today.

I don't really care much about the comics, even though apparently this film is insanely more faithful than Raimi's films, I just like good movies.

Webb > Raimi

Garfield > Maguire

Stone > Dunst

Sheen and Field > whoever those guys were

And for the tone they're going for, Horner > Elfman