What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I certainly like some geeky things about our culture. But I think I dip my toe compared to the proactively geeky among us. 

Who on JWFAN would you label as such? And would it solely be based on an apriciation of Star Trek?

Is Miguel one? He never came off as geeky to me. Passionate about music? Sure. Incanus is another who stays on the right side of 'enthusiast', the side which is passionate rather than chronically obsessed. A pragmatic fan if ever there was one. 

Then there's Hornist. A drunkard who only ever really chimes in to gush about JW every once in a while. Or to defend him from geeks. Who else? I'm sure there's a couple more. Blumenkohl? Actually, no. 

You may have just broken Drax...

And where is the line drawn between geekdom and general fandom I wonder? Does our mutual interest in a niche genre of music and the fact that we post daily on a forum that worships one of its patrons constitute the former?

Did the same thing for Next Generation, I watched these four episodes on Netflix.

I loved the last one about Data!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « "best of" star trek next generation DVD »

I've been rewatching this with my roommates and it's interesting to see how childish it actually is. As a child, I thought it was really good. I still think it's good now, but I notice how obviously marketed at children it is. Everything is explicitly stated, even if it's shown, in order to make everything clear for even the simplest of people. The humor is definitely intended for children. Now when I watch it, I'm amazed at how unfunnily funny they jokes can be.

1 hour ago, Hawmy said:

I've been rewatching this with my roommates and it's interesting to see how childish it actually is. As a child, I thought it was really good. I still think it's good now, but I notice how obviously marketed at children it is. Everything is explicitly stated, even if it's shown, in order to make everything clear for even the simplest of people. The humor is definitely intended for children. Now when I watch it, I'm amazed at how unfunnily funny they jokes can be.

Idiot!

I'm curious about that one too; Heard good things about it online, but no one at the office is watching

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I can't imagine watching Transformers or Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles at age 39 and enjoy it.

I can!

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Idiot!

Takes one to know one.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

Plenty of movies and TV for grown ups do this, and I hate it. 

I can see how it would be annoying, but it's permissible here because of the target audience.

10 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Probably you, and very possibly Justin or King Mark.

Here's what I'm getting at with Big Bang Theory. It's not a show written by real geeks or nerds or anyone with taste. It's manufactured entertainment for the masses cashing in on the present "geek" trend. It was constantly on TV in the mental hospital and it was so obvious the writers had no idea what they were writing about. Well, they had a general idea, anyway. Some of it was downright offensively wrong, like when the main character trashed Jerry Goldsmith's score for Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Anyway, seeing Sisko's clock in "Ties of Blood and Water" made me want to watch "Dramatis Personae". I love this one. I miss season one Kira. She was really toned down in the later seasons, but I suppose that's character growth.

I also watched some Voyager episodes. "Living Witness", where The Doctor comes online in the future where a civilization portrays the Voyager crew as vicious murderers and he clears their name. "Someone to Watch Over Me", where The Doctor gives Seven lessons in humanity and we learn he's actually fallen in love with her! Finally, "One", a Seven of Nine episode where she must care the for crew while they're in hypersleep in a nebula and she begins to go insane and have hallucinations, which makes me relate to her character even more.

1 hour ago, Rose Dawson said:

Some of it was downright offensively wrong, like when the main character trashed Jerry Goldsmith's score for Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Well he and I are not alike at all. He's gay, he probably doesn't like Trump, and he slams a score that's better than everything except ID4. Annnnnd... he's pregnant.

While there's nothing truly "adult" about Airbender, and although it's certainly aimed at a younger audience, it can easily be enjoyed by people of any age.  I've gone through the complete series a few times.  It takes it's inspiration from shounen anime, which is generally for young boys, but without talking down to them.  You can market a story for the young without sacrificing enjoyment for all.  A show like this is in no way comparable to many of the other shows you would find on Disney or Nickelodeon.

If you're familiar with Naruto, it's similar.

ch-106-1795-1489512682428_1280w.jpg

Legion, Chapter 6

Another good episode. Aubrey Plaza is fantastic, and really got to shine here. Glad this is back for a second season.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: "Children of Time"

At first, this seems like yet another wacky episode where the Federation goes to a planet of farmers, but it's anything but! Okay, there is the annoying subsistence farming. And it is wacky. But this is not just any colony. It's a colony in the future descended from the marooned Defiant! This is a highly controversial episode. The Defiant crew decide to maroon themselves for the sake of some hypothetical future colonists. Never mind that the Emissary belongs at Bajor. Hell, they all do. They're all major players in the Dominion War. This is ludicrous. The only one with any sense in the end is hypothetical future Odo, who, having dropped the bombshell that he's in love with Kira, reprograms the Defiant's flight plan so they're never marooned. Thank God.

Star Trek: Voyager: "Infinite Regress"

This is actually one of the best Star Trek episodes ever. Jeri Ryan really gets to show off her acting chops switching from one personality to the next. She's amazing.