John Williams scoring all three new Star Wars films!!

karelm

Let me respond by saying if this is your characterization from the quote I had from him, I misrepresented it because that is not at all the case. If anything, JW is a class act. He's shown very, very many times how willing he is to let it go and have others do there take on it and each time he's been classy. When young people make mistakes in their interpretations of his works, he could say: "do NOT touch my stuff" and I've heard people say this about their works in the film industry but he's always been very kind and generous and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Are u a first-grade relative or his press agent?

Everyone's missing Blume's high comedy. Shame on you.

Nope, but now Blume has been enabled and indeed will thank you quietly for providing him with a handy 'comedy clause' nonetheless.

When someone opens a post like this (and because I can't read their face on the internet):

I do want to express my direct reaction to Williams' comments, unpopular as it might be:

There is no "high comedy" involved. Without that sentence it would have potentially been prime sharkin' bait, but no. Of course, this will be denied, but whatever. I saw Blume's post before he built his extra little wry additions in you see, which is what I replied to. He was quite serious, which he may well end up denying. But I know.

Anyway, the thread has turned to shit as far as my own interest is concerned.

John is the classiest and humblest individual in an industry packed with ego monsters. Would that they were all his equals where etiquette is concerned.

Fascinating to see the reaction that an offhand comment, made during a performance featuring the theme to a franchise that's very big in the news right now (so why wouldn't he say something?), can create. Given that speculation is the only form of expression left to us where the new films are concerned, I guess it's only natural. But it's also fascinating how everyone seems to know, better than Williams, better than Abrams, better than Lucas, better than Disney, exactly how this is going to turn out. Wish I had that kind of foreknowledge.

Personally, I don't know how things will go. Were I to speculate, I think the key factor will probably be age. I doubt the question mark would be quite so big right now if the Maestro were still in his fifties.

Whatever the chances are at this point, for my part I remain hopeful that he'll be the one to do it—at least for the first installment.

- Uni

John is the classiest and humblest individual in an industry packed with ego monsters. Would that they were all his equals where etiquette is concerned.

Fascinating to see the reaction that an offhand comment, made during a performance featuring the theme to a franchise that's very big in the news right now (so why wouldn't he say something?), can create. Given that speculation is the only form of expression left to us where the new films are concerned, I guess it's only natural. But it's also fascinating how everyone seems to know, better than Williams, better than Abrams, better than Lucas, better than Disney, exactly how this is going to turn out. Wish I had that kind of foreknowledge.

Personally, I don't know how things will go. Were I to speculate, I think the key factor will probably be age. I doubt the question mark would be quite so big right now if the Maestro were still in his fifties.

Whatever the chances are at this point, for my part I remain hopeful that he'll be the one to do it—at least for the first installment.

- Uni

Very nicely put!

Nope, but now Blume has been enabled and indeed will thank you quietly for providing him with a handy 'comedy clause' nonetheless.

When someone opens a post like this (and because I can't read their face on the internet):

>>>>I do want to express my direct reaction to Williams' comments, unpopular as it might be:

There is no "high comedy" involved. Without that sentence it would have potentially been prime sharkin' bait, but no. Of course, this will be denied, but whatever. I saw Blume's post before he built his extra little wry additions in you see, which is what I replied to. He was quite serious, which he may well end up denying. But I know.

I'm dead serious.

He's screwing over anyone that takes the reigns after him, because now everyone can point to his comments and go "see the poor guy wanted the job, and Abrams and the assholes at Disney didn't let him."

It's a dick move. You can cite his [well-deserved] laurels all you want as justification for why he can do whatever. It's still a dick move. If not, at the very least it wasn't made with much forethought and it comes off clingy.

It sounds like you're blowing a simple comment waaay out of proportion.

To me, it seems like the man just wanted to say something nice about a franchise he loved working on to an audience at a concert. There were of intentions of screwing others (I don't think he expected anyone outside of the audience to ever know what he said) over or expressing is arrogance. They were simple words on a series he is fond of.

Bingo. That's exactly what I thought when I first read the comments he made. I don't think he meant for anyone to read anything substantive into them. He was just keeping things casual.

Why is that so hard to see. . . ?

- Uni

It sounds like you're blowing a simple comment waaay out of proportion.

To me, it seems like the man just wanted to say something nice about a franchise he loved working on to an audience at a concert. There were of intentions of screwing others (I don't think he expected anyone outside of the audience to ever know what he said) over or expressing is arrogance. They were simple words on a series he is fond of.

I totally agree with this. I dont understand why Blumenkohl would think so poorly of his coment.

Yup, I agree. I don't think that's what JW intended to do, and I don't think that's what's going to happen. It's not like anybody blames Alexandre Desplat or David Yates for not lettting JW score DH.

JW's shadow over the SW is much bigger than it ever was on HP. Simply put, if he wants to do it (and I do believe he has a particular fondness for the saga) he will do it. And I honestly think he'll be much more interested in Episode VII, than say, Goblet of Fire

If Johnny's being an insensitive asshole, then God damn it he's got every right to be. He was always the best thing about those tawdry films. If Abrams has any sense and humility, he'll beg on all fours to hire the maestro.

If Johnny's being an insensitive asshole, then God damn it he's got every right to be.

But he wasn't ever trying to be an insensitive asshole. That's the point. ;)

<

blockquote>

>>>>I do want to express my direct reaction to Williams' comments, unpopular as it mig

ht be:ockquote>There is no "high comedy" involved. Without that sentence it would have potentially been prime sharkin' bait, but no. Of course, this will be denied, but whatever. I saw Blume's post before he built his extra little wry additions in you see, which is what I replied to. He was quite serious, which he may well end up denying. But I know.

I'm dead serious.

He's screwing over anyone that takes the reigns after him, because now everyone can point to his comments and go "see the poor guy wanted the job, and Abrams and the assholes at Disney didn't let him."

It's a dick move. You can cite his [well-deserved] laurels all you want as justification for why he can do whatever. It's still a dick move. If not, at the very least it wasn't made with much forethought and it comes off clingy.

What happened to "I'll try!" ?

Oh fuck these new quotes.

It is only possible with such a bold and adventurous group of people as we are.

I also hope Williams boldly seizes this opporturnity and scores another SW film.

>>>>I do want to express my direct reaction to Williams' comments, unpopular as it mig

ht be:

I'm dead serious.

Ridiculous, pessimistic thread destruction of a positive news by a so called JWFan on a JW fan board. Way to go, man. Great job.

You have no idea about respect, friendship and also John Williams personality if you really are serious here.

Hi,

Did anyone manage to make it to the YMF Debut concert last night? Nice to report Maestro looked great and was in top form. No signs of slowing down I’m happy to say. He did make this one tantalizing comment before playing the Star Wars theme:

“We’re about to play Star Wars [audience interrupts with cheers] and each time we play it, I’m reminded of the first time we played it decades ago. Neither I, nor George, nor anyone else involved thought this would go far or in a few years there would be a sequel and I’d have to revisit the themes…and years later another trilogy. Now we’re hearing of a new set of movies coming in 2015, 2016…so I need to make sure I’m still ready to go in a few years for what I hope would be continued work with George…[more cheers].”

It seems from the comment he made, he has stated interest in scoring the new films (assuming his stamina and health continues (fingers crossed)). And second, he might not realize the new films are not directly controlled by Lucas but now in the hands of JJ Abrams. Do we need to start a letter writing campaign to vocally have JJ Abrams at least give right of first refusal to Williams? I think it might make a nice passing of the “baton” if JW did the first with Giacchino as understudy to boost some of his skills and really take the place as the heir to JW. Something Giacchino seems willing but untrained to do. It is like that whole padawan/master thing in Star Wars.

Giacchino is in no way the heir to John Williams. And no, things don't work like that for artists.

Methinks Blume needs another break from JWFan even more than I do. And just when he's announced (because lord knows how he likes to announce himself, Zzzzzz) his returning shiny avatar, too. Oh well.

<

blockquote>

ht be:

I'm dead serious.

Ridiculous, pessimistic thread destruction of a positive news by a so called JWFan on a JW fan board. Way to go, man. Great job.

You have no idea about respect, friendship and also John Williams personality if you really are serious here.

You're talking about someone, "Blumenkohl" who doesn't have the first clue of what he's talking about...truly one of the most uniformed people I've ever seen on a message board like this. He's clearly unhappy, lonely, and doesn't really have much of a life, and this is his way of getting attention. It's one thing to criticise JW's music, but to come on here and have a go at his integrity in such a personal way tells me that this clown is just looking for an outlet for his misery. I wouldn't give it thought as if you were talking to a serious person.

I don't know how you could interpret Williams's comments as "hopes to work on next Star Wars". He is not scoring any more SW movies. What he means by his remarks is they will continue to use the main theme. So I guess the original feel of Star Wars ( created in part by the music) will continue to live on!

This thread reminds me why it's good to stay out of this place.

Eh, it's just a reminder that people aren't always careful with their language, especially online, and things tend to get amped up needlessly.

I wasn't at the concert, so take this with a grain of salt, but my guess is that Williams was playing good-naturedly to the audience. To the extent a baton needs to be passed at some point some place in his life, I would hope Williams would do so graciously; I don't think it's abundantly clear that Williams needs to start laying the groundwork for that moment in earnest right this minute.

<

blockquote>

>>>>I do want to express my direct reaction to Williams' comments, unpopular as it might be:

I'm dead serious.

You're talking about someone, "Blumenkohl" who doesn't have the first clue of what he's talking about...truly one of the most uniformed people I've ever seen on a message board like this. He's clearly unhappy, lonely, and doesn't really have much of a life, and this is his way of getting attention. It's one thing to criticise JW's music, but to come on here and have a go at his integrity in such a personal way tells me that this clown is just looking for an outlet for his misery. I wouldn't give it thought as if you were talking to a serious person.

You seem to tell people a lot about how they have no lives. Always resorting to cop out personal remarks instead of using any type of argumentative support to refute his point. Blume is probably one of the Top 5 posters here.

<

blockquote>

I'm dead serious.

You seem to tell people a lot about how they have no lives. Always resorting to cop out personal remarks instead of using any type of argumentative support to refute his point. Blume is probably one of the Top 5 posters here.

Anyone (i.e. "Blume") who has a sig image composed of people he doesn't like here (rather than just use the ignore function like a non-attention starved person would do) by definition has no life. Nor a desire for real conversation. And he has no "points", he has snarky comments and personal attacks, which is why I replied that way. And excuse me if I don't put a lot of faith on who is a "Top 5" poster from someone who makes comments like this:

So you're actually in love with John Williams, not even the music. This explains everything and makes your argument invalid.

If being a "Top 5" poster here means personally attacking Williams and questioning his integrity, among the many other ridiculous and juvenile things this guy seems to throw out on a regular basis, count me out.

As far as I can see, the two of you have quite a bit in common. I'm quickly learning that there are serious posters here who have something to say, and a very distinct group (probably composed of frustrated tweens) that have little more than vitriol, empty hubris masking serious insecurity, and snark. I know who I'm interested in talking to.

No need to reply.

Nick66, take no notice of Koray. He's famously one of the board's most deluded members. You should see some of his old posts! But what's so bad about his signature? I'm using mobile view so didn't see anything but changing to desktop view I still see nothing??? As for Blume; he isn't even top ten material, although for some reason he's convinced himself that he is, as you can see. I was going to add "imo" at the end of that statement, but I happen to know for a fact I'm not the only who is turned off by his endlessly grandiloquent style. He actually quit for a while last year and nobody really noticed tbh.

Let me tell you Nick, you're off to a fairly good start here. You'll come out of the other end (of the JWFan baptism of fire) just fine if you stick around long enough. One tip though: it's probably best not to insult older posters here, as a newbie, when they have their bros waiting to jump to their defence. ;)

As for Blume, he isn't even top ten material, although for some reason he's convinced himself that he is, as you can see. I was going to add "imo" at the end of that statement, but I happen to know for a fact I'm not the only who is turned off by his endlessly grandiloquent style. He actually quit for a while last year and nobody really noticed tbh.

Ouch.

Sorry Blume, just setting the record straight because it's been years and pretending accomplishes nothing. Your posts in regards to the Maestro's Star Wars comments are the ultimate cause of my gestating truth. They just went too far this time, joking or not, and even by my own standards.

The man is 81 and in my opinion simply should not be subjected to your ignorant, presumptuous forum shit. You went too far.

Please don't bother to respond, unless it's to insult me, which is fair enough.

Sorry Blume, just setting the record straight because it's been years and pretending accomplishes nothing. Your posts in regards to the Maestro's Star Wars comments are the ultimate cause of my gestating truth. They just went too far this time, joking or not, and even by my own standards.

The man is 81 and in my opinion simply should not be subjected to your ignorant, presumptuous forum shit. You went to far.

My heart is broken. In pieces.

I still like you Lee.

Nick66, you sound like I did in my first few years at this place. Take it from me - it's a lot more fun when you don't take what anyone says too seriously. :)

Yeah, I never take what Datameister has to say seriously. :)

The man is 81 and in my opinion simply should not be subjected to your ignorant, presumptuous forum shit. You went to far.

My heart is broken. In pieces.
It is always painful to watch two people you care about hurt each other and you can do nothing but observe in silence.

Karol

If you never experienced that feeling of being at a friends house when the soon to be divorced parents are arguing this is your chance to get that lovely awkward feeling. ;)

OK, so are we done here now, or are there a few more blows we need to land?

So much to be said . . . and yet knowing the absolute futility of even trying. . . .

Nope. We're done here.

Oh, wait—there is one more thing:

So what's the deal with HP3, anyway? Never understood what anyone saw in that one.

- Uni

Nick66, take no notice of Koray. He's famously one of the board's most deluded members. You should see some of his old posts! But what's so bad about his signature? I'm using mobile view so didn't see anything but changing to desktop view I still see nothing??? As for Blume; he isn't even top ten material, although for some reason he's convinced himself that he is, as you can see. I was going to add "imo" at the end of that statement, but I happen to know for a fact I'm not the only who is turned off by his endlessly grandiloquent style. He actually quit for a while last year and nobody really noticed tbh.

Let me tell you Nick, you're off to a fairly good start here. You'll come out of the other end (of the JWFan baptism of fire) just fine if you stick around long enough. One tip though: it's probably best not to insult older posters here, as a newbie, when they have their bros waiting to jump to their defence. ;)

Oh, I know. And actually I've found a good number of people on this forum to be thoughtful and knowledgable. A few of the board buffoons (every forum has them) aren't going to scare me away. It doesn't matter that they're long time posters...longevity alone doesn't mean you have anything interesting to say. People get bored, want attention, so they start slinging feces around insulting Williams, other posters, whatever it takes...it's to be expected. Just have to remember to avoid the posts that look they were written in a Jay-Z chatroom, or are in Twitter speak. There are enough adults on here to keep people like Blume (it's his sig image I was referring to), et.al, from making it look like recess at a juvenile detention center.