The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I remember the thrill of hearing the first music from The Phantom Menace in 1999. They were actually showing Duel of the Fates music video in one morning talk show. Random but exciting. I had no idea that was John Williams' new score but it was instantly memorable.

Karol

Even if we do get a new iconic theme, I don't think that's something that would be immediately apparent aside from it obviously being total quality. But maybe I've just forgotten what that feels like...

I'm expecting the memorability factor to match that of Williams' recent scores for better or worse. Active soundtrack listeners will definitely remember the themes but the general movie-going public won't. It will still be a fine score of course.

Is the deluxe version available on Amazon.com? The one I pre-ordered isn't labeled as standard or deluxe.

As of this moment, in the United States there is only one edition of the TFA soundtrack available. However, it appears that in some other countries there are two editions currently available. Amazon UK lists both standard and deluxe versions, and Universal Music (which seems to be the official distributor of the TFA soundtrack in the UK) lists two editions: "OST Standard/Deluxe Packaging" and "OST Standard." I live in the US, and I was tempted to purchase the TFA soundtrack on Amazon right away on September 4. But I have decided to wait and see whether there will be more editions before I buy it.

Yes! It could feature John Williams prominently in a darkly lit room, with a shadowy figure (Michael Giacchino) approaching from behind, knife in hand.

It would also feature a prominent "Additional Music by Conrad Pope and William Ross" credit above Williams', in a larger, bolder font.

You think discussion about the official artwork for a new John Williams Star Wars score album is not important?

I doubt it's official

I don't mean the Amazon cover itself, but whether it's official or not, how is the official artwork going to be, etc.

BTW isn't it strange that there are apparently no plans for a vinyl edition?

This much discussion for a fucking cover?!

These are really desperate times.

This post for a fucking discussion about the cover?

You are really a desperate member!

Goddammit, I've been caught! I'll get cha next time, Bloodbait!

That's ridiculous. His experience on SpaceCamp makes him the one man to score this film.

"If you are referring to...Star Wars, I am... fully functional. Programmed in...multiple techniques."

"How long has it been since you scored one?"

"10 years, 8 months, 15 days, 4 minutes, 22 seconds..."

"Far too long!"