Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

Harry Gregson-Williams to Score Total Recall

I doubt that Gregson-Williams does a good work.

Wow the remake craze is really taken Hollywood by the throat. And Total Recall of all films. I mean wow.

Harry Gregson-Williams to Score Total Recall

I doubt that Gregson-Williams does a good work.

Wow the remake craze is really taken Hollywood by the throat. And Total Recall of all films. I mean wow.

I've heard rumors that there'll be a Tintin remake in 2013. Now, that, I would like to see!

:lol: I bet you would.

Speaking of which, where is the review BloodBoal? Where is the review?

It's been delayed, because of the conversion to 3D. But rest assured that it WILL be released. The only problem is that Finland will have it a month later than the rest of the world.

You just don't want to release because the review actually gives a postive rating to the film! Admit it, BloodBath!

• 2 weeks later...

Pan's Labyrinth is beautiful. I haven't heard Inkheart but I've just put the main titles on spotify as I type this sentence.

And great news about Titans! I think Djawadi's score is a load of crap.

Other news... JNH is scoring some movie called 'Hunger Games', replacing Elfman due to scheduling problems. Sounds from the article that it's a more routine handover and it won't be a rushed score. Is there anything Howard won't score at the moment though?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047055?refCatId=13

I've watched interviews; in particular, I think I recall seeing Elfman explain the scores are scheduled, he puts aside time to make sure he can do it, plus news articles said he was busy at work writing the score.

I smell balony.

Howard replacing Elfman again? The Hunger Games looks like it could be good, though, and while Elfman didn't feel like a perfect match for the universe, I'm sure he could have done something wonderful. That being said, I'm excited to see what Howard can do.

I knew this would happen to Elfman. Just thought MIIIB would've been the he'd back out from. Glad it wasn't. I had 0 interest in this movie (The Hunger Games)before Elfman got involved. So pass. I'm sure JNH will write something interesting, though.

I was just reporting what I saw on that website but you're right, it doesn't say MB is replaced by HGW, it just says MB won't be scoring it - no indication that at one point he was attached.

I wasn't faulting you, just clearing up for everybody.

I have no real reason for this line of thinking other than I want the family name to go on and him to get more assignements, so...

I would have rather Joel Goldsmith got this.

• 2 months later...

Ramin Djawadi will score Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim:

http://filmmusicrepo...os-pacific-rim/

This news is confirmed on del Toro's official website... and it's a big downgrade from Beltrami and Elfman.

Ugh. Nothing good can come from that.

• 1 month later...

This Variety article says that Jack White will be scoring The Lone Ranger, but I'd guess they have some facts wrong and he'll really just be writing some songs and/or PERFORMING on the score, which I would guess will be done by Zimmer

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053083

This Variety article says that Jack White will be scoring The Lone Ranger, but I'd guess they have some facts wrong and he'll really just be writing some songs and/or PERFORMING on the score, which I would guess will be done by Zimmer

http://www.variety.c...le/VR1118053083

Zimmer AND Associates.

It's nice to know that Silvestri is busier than ever.

BTW, whatever happened to Randy Newman? After finishing Toy Story 3, he seems to have dropped off the map. Has he chosen exile?

• 2 weeks later...

Pino Donaggio is scoring the film Passion directed by Brian DePalma. exciting news

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know if this should be in the thread since Horner has already scored the film and it has been released but he should have another score coming out this year for a film called For Greater Glory. I wonder when they are going to release the soundtrack album for it any time soon.

Yea he wrote and recorded For Greater Glory (which was called Cristiada at the time) in 2011, before he recorded Black Gold! I too am surprised there has not been a OST CD announced yet. It's a nice, short little score, with spanish guitar, lots of the danger motif, and a theme reminiscent of the finale from Aliens.

I do not know if this should be in the thread since Horner has already scored the film and it has been released but he should have another score coming out this year for a film called For Greater Glory. I wonder when they are going to release the soundtrack album for it any time soon.

It came out this past Friday, in a semi-limited U.S. release in 757 theaters. We have it, and Horner's score is lovely (especially the end credits cue). It has the flaws LeBlanc mentioned, but it's worth listening to.

You don't see it working?

Koray, by all that is good and decent on this earth, if there is one thing the history of Remote Control composers has taught us, then it's that they will plaster the movie they are doing with their music, regardless of its content.

I won't bother going into this again. Listen to Steamboy or D-War, or Flyboys and The Great Raid and stop stereotyping RCP composers based on their Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer blockbusters.

• 3 months later...

Alexandre Desplat will score Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty:

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/09/15/alexandre-desplat-to-score-kathryn-bigelows-zero-dark-thirty-1/#more-12709

Interesting. I would've thought Bigelow would've gone back to Beltrami or someone else for this pic.