The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I think a Black Widow / Hawkeye movie would be good. Why set up their past history in The Avengers and then not explore it in ONE of the next SEVEN years of Marvel movies? Lame.

Wait, that's real? They made a teaser trailer for Avengers 3 and 4 before Avengers 2 is even in theaters?

Is making a teaser trailer 4 years before a film's release date a new record?

I prefered the older Marvel movies about people on Earth dealing with new found powers and still trying to fit in, over these new ones about all this cosmic shit. I dunno why they've gone full sci-fi across the board when superheroes are already interesting enough on their own

It is very cool that Captain Marvel will be a female led superhero film from Marvel, I'm just surprised they don't want to do the same with ScarJo

That makes sense.

Also, it's possible they were waiting to see the box office results of Lucy before committing to a Phase 3 plan

That makes sense.

Also, it's possible they were waiting to see the box office results of Lucy before committing to a Phase 3 plan

That or Scarlett really doesn't want to do a movie on her own. Renner is tied up with so many projects over the next number of years, and I'm sure now that she's a mom she doesn't want to be working as much as she has been.

Looks like Marvel will use both Avengers 2 and Agents of SHIELD Season 3 to set up the Civil War movie

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/05/could-marvel-s-civil-war-really-begin-in-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-2404909?lt_source=external,manual

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I really wish that Marvel Studios and DC Studios would do was to produce a film starring an original superhero character that hasn't been published in a comic book first. I want this to happen because I am seeing potentially negative trends in the superhero film genre: oversaturation, periodicity, and lack of original material. Not only is this course of action inevitable, there’s also a precedent for it. Chronicle and Unbreakable come to mind. However, this isn’t to say that even original superhero films are immune to cinematic failures of their own. Hancock comes to mind.

I personally am not looking forward to the next 29 superhero films in the next 6 years. (How's that for over-saturation?) Who's going to watch Ant Man? Or Lady Thor? Or a Black Captain America?

Finally, I am still puzzled as to why Marvel Studios split the Infinity Wars story into two parts.

That's not a very profitable idea. At least not yet.

Well, they better figure out something soon. Otherwise, we're gonna see an increase in polarization amongst the fan base and more unknown superhero movies being made.

(Case in point: I've never even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy before they announced the film's release).

One thing that I really wish that Marvel Studios and DC Studios would do was to produce a film starring an original superhero character that hasn't been published in a comic book first. I want this to happen because I am seeing potentially negative trends in the superhero film genre: oversaturation, periodicity, and lack of original material.

How is creating an original superhero a good way to avoid oversaturation?

One thing that I really wish that Marvel Studios and DC Studios would do was to produce a film starring an original superhero character that hasn't been published in a comic book first. I want this to happen because I am seeing potentially negative trends in the superhero film genre: oversaturation, periodicity, and lack of original material.

How is creating an original superhero a good way to avoid oversaturation?

Because there are a finite number of instantly recognizable superheroes between Marvel and DC comic books.

Would you rather have reboots and retcons of pre-existing big name Marvel and DC heroes for the rest of you life?

It's not only inevitable that original superhero films will emerge, there's a precedent for it. I mentioned Chronicle, Hancock, and Unbreakable. Heck, I forgot to mention The Incredibles.