RUMOR: Outside players flown to Los Angeles for Force Awakens recording sessions

Not Mr. Big

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/05/john-williams-to-record-some-of-the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-score-next-month/

I have been asked not to name any specific names yet of the players. However, there will be some guest musicians from other orchestras flown in to sit in on the sessions. Many musicians have been put on call for recording future teasers but now some of those musicians are learning that they are actually going to be playing on the film’s soundtrack recording.

Perhaps they'll utilize some London Symphony players like they did with Harry Potter 1 & 3...

I wonder if any of it will be used in any upcoming trailers.

Well, if its true, congrats to Disney for ponying up the cash to get the players the composer desires

They will invite the Portsmouth Sinfonia to "shred" the new Star Wars Main Title! ;)

The other musicians won't stand for it. Not good for overall atmosphere. "Hey, where's Red Face Joe?" "Oh, he wasn't welcome. They preferred some Irish blower and so they flew him over."

Great news and had an inkling this would happen. Williams has enough clout to get the people he wants, even if it's through some back door shenanigans.

Kennedy would've gotten it sorted in quick order.

I am suspecting they'll team up Andre Rieu and Richard Clayderman for the schmaltziest rendition of Princess Leia's Theme ever!

With that amount of family friend classical-pop power behind them they cannot fail!

Hopefully they'll fly in the LSO's Brass section. Although, surely there will be issues with union rules/visas?

Although, surely there will be issues with union rules/visas?

I don't see the quote mentioning that any players would be flown in from *outside the US*. So this still seems unlikely to me. Except perhaps for featured soloists.

Although, surely there will be issues with union rules/visas?

I don't see the quote mentioning that any players would be flown in from *outside the US*. So this still seems unlikely to me. Except perhaps for featured soloists.

I kinda assumed he did this anyway. I know he has certain "go-to" musicians like Tim Morrison.

Does this mean his health issues have cleared up? When are the scoring sessions for TFA meant to be starting? I'm really hoping for a documentary like for ESB

Does this mean his health issues have cleared up? When are the scoring sessions for TFA meant to be starting? I'm really hoping for a documentary like for ESB

That would be pretty awesome.

I could see them doing that, as they're really milking OT nostalgia. Plus they've been making a big deal (rightly so) about John Williams' return ever since he came aboard.

I know one horn player "Detroit Dave" is frequently flown in to big LA sessions because he sounds like a beast.

Rick Todd sometimes flies in from Miami to play horn for sessions.

Don't know much else about the rumor.