Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

Jeez, iTunes version of the Mad Max: Fury Road OST by Junkie XL is 125 minutes long

10847403_1057519974262801_51145398141239

01 Survive (Extended Version) 1:40
02 Escape (Extended Version) 3:28
03 Immortan’s Citadel (Extended Version) 8:58
04 Blood Bag (Extended Version) 3:39
05 Buzzards Arrive (Bonus Track) 1:26
06 Spikey Cars (Extended Version) 4:08
07 Storm Is Coming (Extended Version) 6:16
08 We Are Not Things (Extended Version) 1:42
09 Water (Extended Version) 6:25
10 The Rig (Extended Version) 6:31
11 Into the Canyon (Bonus Track) 2:49
12 Brothers In Arms (Extended Version) 5:52
13 The Chase (Bonus Track) 3:16
14 Moving On (Bonus Track) 1:56
15 The Bog (Extended Version) 12:32
16 Redemption 1:45
17 Many Mothers (Extended Version) 8:58
18 The Return To Nowhere (Bonus Track) 5:17
19 Claw Trucks (Extended Version) 5:43
20 Immortan (Bonus Track) 11:10
21 Chapter Doof 6:49
22 Walhalla Awaits (Bonus Track) 2:40
23 My Name Is Max 2:23
24 Let Them Up 2:36
25 Mary Jo Bassa (Bonus Track) 2:26
26 Coda (Bonus Track) 4:43

Why can't Star Wars films get this?

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Streitenfeld's no Goldsmith.

So why bother then?

Because, while Jerry was one of the best, I can still enjoy something that's merely "good" instead of "great."

Fantastic Four by Beltrami and Glass is coming August 3rd

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00X9IXI1S/

Does anybody have the faintest clue what to expect from this?

I'd rather take Beltrami + Glass than Tyler + Elfman!

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am way too excited for this:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

No idea if this has been posted before.  This track from the upcoming The Great Wall by Ramin Djawadi actually sounds pretty great.  I'm certainly more interested than I usually am in an upcoming Djawadi score:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

D9hOHn0UIAAwHak.jpg

https://pitchfork.com/news/kyle-dixon-and-michael-stein-detail-stranger-things-season-3-score/

Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein Detail “Stranger Things” Season 3 Score
Check out the new tracks “Starcourt” and “The Ceiling Is Beautiful”

S U R V I V E members Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein have detailed their score for the third season of Netflix’s “Stranger Things.” The album—titled Stranger Things 3—Original Score From the Netflix Original Series—is out digitally on June 28 via Lakeshore/Invada. CD and vinyl editions are forthcoming. Below, hear the new tracks “Starcourt” and “The Ceiling Is Beautiful.”

“With the Season 3 soundtrack, we’ve made an album that doesn’t feel like a ‘score’ necessarily, but one that feels more like a stand-alone record than a collection of brief cues,” Dixon and Stein said in a statement. “We’ve incorporated the main narrative elements of the series and stayed true to the original sound while at the same time expanding on our musical palette—we often pushed it to the limit. We’ve really made an effort to curate this album to showcase the moments we think are really special.”

The third season of “Stranger Things” hits Netflix on July 4. The next day, Legacy Recordings releases the compilation Stranger Things: Soundtrack From the Netflix Original Series, Season 3. It features songs by Patsy Cline, “Weird Al” Yankovic, REO Speedwagon, John Mellencamp, and more.
Read “Inside the Spellbinding Sound of ‘Stranger Things’” on the Pitch.

Stranger Things 3—Original Score From the Netflix Original Series:
01 Boys and Girls
02 I Like Presents Too
03 Starcourt
04 Blank Makes You Crazy
05 I Need You to Trust Me
06 You’re a Fighter
07 The Ceiling Is Beautiful
08 The First I Love You
09 Rats
10 What Did You Do to Him?
11 Find the Source
12 The Silver Cat Feeds
13 Heather’s
14 William
15 Destroying the Castle
16 In the Void
17 Tammy
18 Mirkwood
19 Portal Drill
20 Happy Screams
21 Ruins
22 It’s Just Ice
23 The Door Is Opening
24 Planck’s Constant
25 She’s Gone Home
26 Seven Feet
27 The Week Is Long
28 Sauna Test
29 Six Facts
30 The Trees Are Moving
31 On Their Tracks
32 Not Chinese Food
33 Blueprints
34 Land Deeds
35 Not Kids Anymore
36 Code Red
37 Feel Safe
38 He’s Here
39 Scoops Troop
40 We Don’t Understand Each Other
41 Aftermath

• 2 years later...

‘Seinfeld’ Soundtrack to Be Released… Finally

By Jon Burlingame

More than 23 years after “Seinfeld” left the airwaves, a soundtrack album featuring its immortal theme (and 40 more minutes of classic “Seinfeld” music) is about to be released.

WaterTower Music will release the 33-track album on Friday, July 2, on all digital platforms. It will be the first time that any of the music for Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer has been available outside of its original television context.

“It was 30 years in the making,” says “Seinfeld” composer Jonathan Wolff, with a laugh, about the new release. He confesses he doesn’t know why there wasn’t a “Seinfeld” soundtrack while the series was on NBC between 1989 and 1998.

“It struggled for the first few seasons,” he points out. “We were an accidental hit. We were busy getting episodes out, and nobody was thinking about the music. And that’s OK.” The series was among TV’s most popular shows for its last five seasons.

The advantage of a decades-later album is that Wolff was able to look back on the music from all nine seasons and assemble a collection of fun tracks. Those familiar slap bass, synthesizer and mouth-popping sounds that accompanied Jerry Seinfeld’s opening monologue every week open the album, but Wolff also had music from 180 episodes to choose from.

How did he decide on the content? Wolff explains: “Was it the primary audio of a famous ‘Seinfeld’ scene? Did it contribute in a significant way to the comedy of the scene? And upon hearing it, will it serve as an instantly identifiable signature and bring warm fuzzies to a ‘Seinfeld’ fan who will remember that scene?”

The range of styles is surprisingly broad: hip-hop for “Kramer’s Pimpwalk,” happy whistling and guitars for “Jerry the Mailman,” a “Mission: Impossible” vibe for “Jerry vs. Newman Chase,” suspense-thriller scoring for “Cable Guy vs. Kramer Chase,” ’90s rock for “Kramer’s Boombox,” Eastern mysticism for “Peterman in Burmese Jungle,” and vintage guitar-and-harmonica blues for “Waiting for the Verdict” from the series finale.

A highlight turns out to be music that was intended for, but never heard in, the show. When Elaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) dates a saxophone player in a seventh-season episode, the original script called for several scenes in a jazz club where he was playing.

“So I needed to create a whole bunch of jazz, but all those scenes went bye-bye,” Wolff recalls. Three tuneful jazz numbers, reflective of Wolff’s pre-TV-scoring career as a pianist-arranger-conductor in both Hollywood and Las Vegas, remained, all featuring a four-man combo led by saxman Bob Sheppard.

Most of the “Seinfeld” music, however, was created by Wolff himself in his Burbank studio, where he scored an estimated 75 series, mostly sitcoms, over two decades beginning in the mid-1980s.

He got the “Seinfeld” gig because Jerry Seinfeld was unhappy with the original music in the 1989 pilot and his friend, comedian George Wallace – with whom Wolff had worked for years in Las Vegas – recommended the composer.

“His main concern was for the opening and closing credits, which were standup comedy,” Wolff recalls. “He would stand in front of the audience and tell jokes, they’d laugh, and he wanted music to go with it.” At the time, he notes, “sitcom theme music was melodic, with a lot of sassy saxophones and silly lyrics, but that was not going to work in this case.”

He told the comedian: “What if we consider using your voice, telling jokes, as the melody of the theme? My job will be to accompany you in a way that does not interfere with the audio of your standup routine. The organic nature of your human voice might go well with the organic nature of my lips, tongue and finger snaps, doing stuff like this (makes familiar ‘Seinfeld’ noises). He came over by himself, I put one of his monologues on the screen and showed him how I could build the music around it.

“The bass line was designed to stay in a frequency range that didn’t interfere with his voice. That slap-bass sound could start and stop to make audio holes for the timing of his jokes and his punchlines. It served as a kind of old-vaudeville rimshot for his jokes. It meant I was going to have to rebuild each piece of music for each monologue, to fit the timings and lengths, but that was OK with me. It helped give a signature to the show.”

NBC executives declared it “weird, distracting and annoying,” Wolff  notes, but co-creator and producer Larry David refused to alter it, even after Wolff offered to find a new musical direction. “Larry was deeply offended, and didn’t change anything,” the composer says.

Wolff wrote 44 original themes, in all, during his time in network television, including “Will & Grace” and “Caroline in the City.” He retired to Louisville, Ky., in 2005, largely on the proceeds of his “Seinfeld” music after its huge success in syndication. He no longer composes (“it’s someone else’s turn,” he says) and now frequently lectures at colleges and universities.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/seinfeld-soundtrack-to-be-released-1235009969/

It's already on iTunes NZ or AU

1400x1400bb.webp

1. Seinfeld Theme
2. Seinfeld Theme (Highlights of 100)
3. Seinfeld Theme (“The Chronicle”)
4. The Jerry Show Theme (“The Pilot Part 2”)
5. Kramer’s Pimpwalk (“The Wig Master”)
6. Jerry the Mailman (“The Andria Doria”)
7. Himalayan Walking Shoes (“The Hot Tub”)
8. John Jermaine Jazz #1 (“The Rye”) – featuring Bob Sheppard
9. John Jermaine Jazz #2 (“The Rye”) – featuring Bob Sheppard
10. John Jermaine Jazz #3 (“The Rye”) – featuring Bob Sheppard
11. Kramer’s Boombox (“The Package”)
12. Jerry vs Newman Chase (“The Soul Mate”)
13. Cable Guy vs Kramer Chase (“The Cadillac Part 2”)
14. Noxin (“The Cadillac Part 2”)
15. Jesus is One (“The Burning”) – featuring Jack Diamond
16 Kramer’s Crappy Banjo (“The Muffin Tops”)
17. Peterman in Burmese Jungle (“The Chicken Roaster”)
18. TV Cartoon / Wheels on the Bus (“The Contest”)
19. Finale Suitcase Montage (“The Finale”)
20. Waiting For the Verdict Blues (“The Finale”)
21. This Night Show (“The Trip Part 1”)
22. Rock Music Video (“The Trip Part 1”)
23. The Lopper (“The Frogger”)
24. 1937 Wedding Cake Waltz (“The Frogger”)
25. Kramer Bachelor Auction (“The Barber”)
26. Rochelle, Rochelle the Musical (“The Understudy”)
27. Pier Contemplation (“The Invitation”)
28. Loud Dixieland Band (“The Mom & Pop Store”)
29. Scarsdale Surprise (“The Summer of George”)
30. Checkmate/Chunnel/Death Blow (“The Movie,” “The Pool Guy,” “The Little Kicks”)
31. Blimp (“The Puerto Rican Day”)
32. The Pain & The Yearning (“The Comeback”)
33. George’s Answering Machine/Greatest American Hero (“The Susie”)

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/seinfeld-original-television-soundtrack/1572502516

https://music.apple.com/au/album/seinfeld-original-television-soundtrack/1572502516

• 1 year later...

Wow!

The 90s MTV animated series Æon Flux is finally getting a commercially released soundtrack album 32 years later thanks to Waxworks Records!!!!

1600x1600bb.webp

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/æon-flux-original-soundtrack-music/1670623685

3 hours long!

Oh wow, and the physical edition is a 6 LP box set

https://www.instagram.com/p/CosMksMOtwG/

Rolfe Kent's score to Election from 1999 is dropping tomorrow too

1600x1600bb.webp

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/election-music-from-the-motion-picture/1671184653

1. Election (Main Titles) (1:55)
2. Tracy’s Table / Teaching Piano (2:23)
3. Tracy Flick / Darkroom (0:50)
4. Maui is for Lovers / In Love (unused) (0:48)
5. Tracy on Mr. M (1:29)
6. Tracy Gets Harmonious and Productive / Jim Thinks… “Paul!” (2:00)
7. Tracy Kills (0:42)
8. Didn’t Bother Me At All (1:03)
9. Sometimes I Sit (0:35)
10. Hot Tub / Tammy Runs for President (1:26)
11. Fill Me Up (0:51)
12. Tracy and the New Software / Tracy Drives Her Dead Body (2:08)
13. Jim and Linda Tango (0:39)
14. Jim Thinks, Tracy Bubbles (0:54)
15. Pop Quiz Everybody / Jim’s Pathetic Call from Motel (1:35)
16. Jim Leaves Motel Alone / Prayers (3:11)
17. Cupcakes / Voting / Big Box (2:35)
18. Not Now Paul (1:09)
19. Tracy Spies (2:37)
20. Fanfare (0:25)
21. Announcing Results / Discovered / Jim’s Downfall (2:09)
22. Alleluya (0:37)
23. Tracy Finishes School / What Happens to a Man… ? (1:01)
24. Jim in D.C. (1:08)
25. Jim Runs (unused) (0:34)
26. God Whispers to Constatine (1:51)
27. Tracy’s Table (alternate with castanet) (0:32)
28. Prayers (alternate guitar) (2:34)
29. Discovered (alternate with hits) (0:40)
30. Tracy Kills The Poster (long version) (0:54)

• 2 months later...