The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

No but they were very reluctant when it comes to a solo Hulk movie. Tgey tried an artistc take - it didn't quitr work (financially). They did a reverential one... same result. Didn't they say there are no plans to make another one?

Karol

Didn't they confirm an upcoming Hulk movie once The Avengers became a super-hit?

And I knew those titles were fake from the start. I just thought the dates were accurate. Some of those titles are way too stupid to be real.

Didn't they confirm an upcoming Hulk movie was They Avengers became a super-hit?

No, that was one surprising film they wouldn't announce. In fact, the only thing they learned from it is that Hulk works better within the team.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

Guardians passes Iron Man 2 to become the fourth highest grossing MCU film; Will very likely pass Iron Man 1 to become the third highest by the end of it's run

(Currently Avengers is #1 and Iron Man 3 is #2)

The strange this about this is, if Avengers 3 part 1 keeps the May 2018 release date we assume it has (because Avengers 1 and 2 are both May releases), then there would be two MCU films released in between the two parts of Avengers 3, which would be confusing if they contain any of the characters that are in A3. So maybe A3 will be their Nov 2018 movie now (If this rumor is even true to begin with).

Here's the official schedule again, for reference

2015:

May 1: Avengers: Age of Ultron

July 17: Ant-Man

2016:

May 6: Captain America 3

July 8: Doctor Strange

2017:

May 5: Untitled

July 28: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Nov. 3: Untitled

2018:

May 4: Untitled

July 6: Untitled

Nov. 2: Untitled

2019:

May 3: Untitled

Well, considering Thanos will likely be the villain for the film, I can see the first film ending with the Guardians showing up to Earth and joining up with the Avengers. They likely were probably only to have a cameo in the film originally, but after the huge success might have reevaluated their level of involvement.

Just hours after appearing on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and replying "okay, yes" when asked by Ellen if there is going to be an Iron Man 4, Robert Downey Jr. taped "Late Show with David Letterman" and said the complete opposite.

They've been hinting at this for months. Sony is getting diminishing returns with the web head, and Marvel wants control of all their characters, one way or another (see them canceling the Fantastic 4 comic and barring creation of any new X-Men). I can totally see Garfield pop up during Avengers at some point and help the gang. It'll be a great moment for comic fans, and would probably renew interest in future Spidey movies.

Marvel wanted to put Oscorp Tower in The Avengers, but the deal was worked out too late. I guess thats the first sign of a deal between the 2 studios.

It makes sense. Marvel has been on a roll, but no one can deny that Spider-man and The X-Men are their most well known and successful characters. While Fox and Sony have been making money of them, they arent getting near the box-office of even lesser Marvel fare. It's mutually beneficial to all concerned to hash out some kind of deal.

It's only mutually beneficial if Sony and Fox continue to make billions of them for years to come. If all that happens is Disney gives them each a huge payout and they no longer make any films, they are taking a short term gain for huge long term losses.

If Sony and Fox want more people to go to their Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Spider-man and X-Men movies, they need to start hiring better writers and directors - period!

Does that mean you didnt like X-Men: Days Of Future Past, The Wolverine or X-Men: First Class?

I can understand your criticism of the recent Spider-man films, but Brian Singer, James Mangold and Matthew Vaugh all did very well with their films.