Some great news about a possible future JAWS Re-issue!

Jay

Indeed!

And there is so much more to come before the end of the year!

I am just curious. Is Jaws 2 the last work of John Williams to get an expanded release for this year? I mean, I am excited enough to get his score to Jaws 2 in the mail, not to mention waiting for the release of Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens (film and soundtrack). Like I said, I am just curious.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think it is the last expanded release of his work for the year. Was it Mike Matessino or someone else who said next year would be "a great year to be a John Williams fan" or something like that?

I cannot recall anybody saying anything like that about 2016. I think you've got your info mixed up.

I could've sworn somebody said that. Oh well.

Correct, Monday evening the 16th between 7pm and 8pm EST

Intrada's had the same release schedule for over half a decade now.

New titles are announced, along with the premiere of the cover, track list, and samples, at the same time they go up for sale, which is a random time between 7PM and 8PM EST on every other Monday evening.

I still am not sure if this release coming out in two weeks is the Maestro's score to Jaws, or any of his other scores. Is it possible for two expanded releases of the Maestro's work to be released within at least two weeks from each other, if not a month?

Might be a long awaited Jerry Goldsmith score.

City Hall complete score!

I still am not sure if this release coming out in two weeks is the Maestro's score to Jaws, or any of his other scores. Is it possible for two expanded releases of the Maestro's work to be released within at least two weeks from each other, if not a month?

Of course it's possible. Why wouldn't it be?

Has that ever happened before?

Of course it's possible. Why wouldn't it be?

Has that ever happened before?

Weren't the 97 SW SEs all released at around the same time?

Looks like its finally coming!

Roger says:

Composer Al Capps is sorely underrepresented on CD. His score to CANNONBALL RUN is inconic. Two years later, in 1983, he scored this vehicle, also starring Loni Anderson but with no score on the album this time. It was a fowl situation, but one we at Intrada are not addressing at this time. Just thought I'd get that out there in case people were wondering.

Rather this Tuesday, 1 of 4 makes its appearance in a stunning little 2-CD package, featuring a reissue of the of the original MCA album on one disc, with an added selection of source cues from the film. The second disc is remixed and restored from the original 3-track session masters allowing the film tracks to deliver a thrilling punch unlike anything you've heard from this score before, including a bit of unreleased material and alternates.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6888

This part is really exciting too:

remixed and restored from the original 3-track session masters allowing the film tracks to deliver a thrilling punch unlike anything you've heard from this score before

Well that's out of the blue considering they only just did JAWS 2!

Surely they put forth every effort to ensure all 4 scores came out in 2015, the 40th anniversary of the 1st film.

It would have been odd if Jaws 1 came out in 2016 instead.

This part is the most exciting:

unreleased material and alternates.

Typewriter chord? :D

By the way, Jaws 2 and Jaws won't be limited editions, right?

Can I wait for a couple of months or so before purchasing them?

I have some other priorities now..

At least some cues were revised either during the writing process or on the fly during the recording sessions (the original cues often resembling the material on the MCA disc), so I suppose that's what the unreleased material and alternates will turn out to be (as well as the 'Typewriter Chord' cue mentioned before).

Exciting release, by the way! Really looking forward to hearing the complete score in the superior quality promised.

Jaws 2 IS a limited edition.

Jaws 1 hasn't been announced yet, but remember that Roger said this in an interview a few months back:

Intrada made limited editions early on, like Poltergeist 2. Why did you choose to make it a limited run, and not a regular release?

We look at the audience for each title. We know a title like The Great Escape is going be a perpetual seller. I know we haven’t released these, but compare and contrast titles like Jaws and Jaws 2. Jaws would be a perpetual seller, but probably not so much Jaws 2. So we decide if we want to keep the title around for a while, and it will continually sell, it belongs on our regular catalog. If it has a short shelf life in terms of interest, it goes in the limited collectors’ series. Limited only by demand, not specific unit counts we decide up front.

Looks like its finally coming!

Roger says:

Composer Al Capps is sorely underrepresented on CD. His score to CANNONBALL RUN is inconic. Two years later, in 1983, he scored this vehicle, also starring Loni Anderson but with no score on the album this time. It was a fowl situation, but one we at Intrada are not addressing at this time. Just thought I'd get that out there in case people were wondering.

Rather this Tuesday, 1 of 4 makes its appearance in a stunning little 2-CD package, featuring a reissue of the of the original MCA album on one disc, with an added selection of source cues from the film. The second disc is remixed and restored from the original 3-track session masters allowing the film tracks to deliver a thrilling punch unlike anything you've heard from this score before, including a bit of unreleased material and alternates.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6888

Wait, so there is gonna be an expanded release of the Maestro's score to Jaws? John Williams's scores to Jaws AND Jaws 2 have expanded releases within the same month? Is this for real?

Jaws 2 IS a limited edition.

Jaws 1 hasn't been announced yet, but remember that Roger said this in an interview a few months back:

Intrada made limited editions early on, like Poltergeist 2. Why did you choose to make it a limited run, and not a regular release?

We look at the audience for each title. We know a title like The Great Escape is going be a perpetual seller. I know we haven’t released these, but compare and contrast titles like Jaws and Jaws 2. Jaws would be a perpetual seller, but probably not so much Jaws 2. So we decide if we want to keep the title around for a while, and it will continually sell, it belongs on our regular catalog. If it has a short shelf life in terms of interest, it goes in the limited collectors’ series. Limited only by demand, not specific unit counts we decide up front.

So, how do we know when it goes OOP since it's limited by demand?

Will they post a warning or something?

Now to figure out what that Dec 1st release is... ;)

Is there any clue for that?

So, how do we know when it goes OOP since it's limited by demand?

Will they post a warning or something?

Typically every 2 weeks, the Mondays in between release weeks, Intrada posts 2 new titles on their main page that are going OOP soon.

A big title like Jaws 2 will be in print for YEARS, don't you worry!

Now to figure out what that Dec 1st release is... ;)

Is there any clue for that?

Dec 1 is simply the *probably* next release week, since it is 2 weeks after Nov 17. It could be Dec 8, or Dec 15, or Dec 22, or Dec 29, or they could have releases on 2 or 3 out of those possibilities. No information is known.

Glad I waited to order Jaws 2, so I can make one nifty single order with both :D

This is gonna be amazing, can't wait!

Same here! Unbelievable to have those two released in such a short time. What a glorious package!

Roger said "4 of 4" for Jaws: The Revenge

Then "3 of 4" for Jaws 3D

Then "2 of 4" for Jaws 2

It would be illogical to think that "1 of 4" was for some other release.

Especially considering this year is the 40th anniversary of Jaws.

Yes. The whole "2 of 4" / "1 of 4" is essentially a way to tell us what's coming without technically telling us.