La La Land Records - New John Williams release for Black Friday?

JohnnyD

Hello. La La Land Records is having their annual Black Friday announcement. Is it possible that one of the items being announced is another expanded release of one of Maestro John Williams's scores? If so, have there been any hints of this? I'm just curious.

Anything is possible.

This is already being discussed in the appropriate place:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18099&p=1190165

Oh. Though, that thread is a discussion of all stuff from La La Land Records. I was wondering about just one of the LLL releases from their upcoming Black Friday sale being an expanded release of the Maestro's work.

It would be cool if LLL does have an expanded release of one of John Williams's scores for their Black Friday sale.

Here is the thing. Have there been any official hints of an expanded release of the Maestro's work from LLL for their Black Friday announcement? If not, then this is just pure speculation based on nothing at all.

It would be cool if LLL does have an expanded release of one of John Williams's scores for their Black Friday sale.

Here is the thing. Have there been any official hints of an expanded release of the Maestro's work from LLL for their Black Friday announcement? If not, then this is just pure speculation based on nothing at all.

The only thing is I think MV saying someting about "you guys will want something else later this year, something composer approved etc. etc." in the Home Alone ost reissue thread at FSM.

The only thing is I think MV saying someting about "you guys will want something else later this year, something composer approved etc. etc." in the Home Alone ost reissue thread at FSM.

Who is MV? Is he an official at LLL or something? You sure he was not referring to Jaws and / or Jaws 2?

You sure he was not referring to Jaws and / or Jaws 2?

I don't think he would hint on another company's releases.

And he couldn't have been talking about Jaws. I consider a Home Alone reissue quite likely. Potter, less so, but I'm still optimistic.

Maybe my synapses fail me but why on earth should they release an in-print score of their own catalogue again and then make a big fuzz over it? It's like FSM rising from the dead to announce a re-release of GREMLINS - in short, desperation.

And he couldn't have been talking about Jaws. I consider a Home Alone reissue quite likely. Potter, less so, but I'm still optimistic.

Maybe my synapses fail me but why on earth should they release an in-print score of their own catalogue again and then make a big fuzz over it?

One person says that

#4 ? - produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino. Art by Jim Titus. Liners by Mike Matessino.

matches the credits of Home Alone, so it could be it.

But, yes, i also think that a Black Friday hype about a re-issue or even an expansion with 1-2 more minutes (honestly I can't think of what they could add) is too much! (that is, if the title is eventually Home Alone indeed)

publicist, Home Alone is OOP! It's not in print!

Maybe my synapses fail me but why on earth should they release an in-print score of their own catalogue again and then make a big fuzz over it?

One person says that

#4 ? - produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino. Art by Jim Titus. Liners by Mike Matessino.

matches the credits of Home Alone, so it could be it.

But, yes, i also think that a Black Friday hype about a re-issue or even an expansion with 1-2 more minutes (honestly I can't think of what they could add) is too much! (that is, if the title is eventually Home Alone indeed)

publicist, Home Alone is OOP! It's not in print!

There is some stuff they could add, but I don't think Williams was involved with those pieces aside from the music in "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (I'm assuming Williams was involved) and "Somewhere in my Memory" instrumental.

Maybe my synapses fail me but why on earth should they release an in-print score of their own catalogue again and then make a big fuzz over it? It's like FSM rising from the dead to announce a re-release of GREMLINS - in short, desperation.

They wouldn't re-release an in-print score from their own catalog. Home Alone is not in print however. More importantly, MV has hinted that this title would be re-issued at some point this year and as others in this thread have pointed out, one of the titles in their Black Friday line-up has all of the right names on it to be Home Alone. Personally, I don't care if it gets reissued as I already have LLL's first release, which is fine as it is. It's still a reasonable guess though. I'd like to add that it's possible there won't be any other Williams' titles in the batch. That would be okay with me as well, after all, we just got both of his Jaws scores.

Home Alone is not in print however.

Splitting heirs. It is as unnecessary as a second asshole. Wait...on further thought that might serve a purpose.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were actually confused before. But hey, if you want to be a secondhand asshole, don't let me stop you.

I'll bet it's either Far and Away or The River and I'd be happy with either one.

I would pass on both of those bottle caps. The OSTs are more than enough.

Regarding Home Alone, that was a score I wanted complete for decades. When we finally got it, I rarely listened to it. As is usually the case with the OST vs. modern expanded/complete score, the album flows better and has a more pleasing sound. The LLL version was brighter and louder, of course. I got to tell you, getting through that complete/chronological presentation is a chore.

I'll bet it's either Far and Away or The River and I'd be happy with either one.

I would pass on both of those bottle caps. The OSTs are more than enough.

The River has that great bit at the beginning of the movie with the drum beat. I've always wanted that on disc.

Far and Away could have some great alternates as we've heard from that awful sounding Vol. 2 bootleg.

I don't feel we really need another Home Alone though.