BB8 Entertainment Weekly Featurette - Williams score?

Romão

Well, I don't recognize it, and it does sound like something Williams could have written....... but this is a long featurette, and if what we're hearing is a concert arrangement of BB8's theme, than that would be a fairly long section of the OST dedicated to something that seems more... light and breazy than what I expect out of the score in general.

I dunno.

I don't really care either way. The BB8 material is what I'm looking forward to the least.

Quoted for future refrence when it becomes your favorite part of the score.

I don't really care either way. The BB8 material is what I'm looking forward to the least.

Quoted for future reference when it doesn't

Williams' comedy side is his least interesting to me.

Quoted for future reference when it doesn't

Williams' comedy side is his least interesting to me.

Quoted for future reference when it does.

That sounds 100% Williams to me. Clearly identifiable, earworm of a theme going through various sections of the orchestra and degrees of playfulness.

It's a far more "childish" theme than anything he's written for Star Wars before. Even Snowy's Theme was more adult sounding. This reminds me more of Home Alone, but I think it perfectly suits the type of child-friendly character they're aiming for with BB8.

He was clearly given specific instructions about making BB8 as cute as possible with this theme. Arguably he succeeds with this level of saccharine in his orchestration.

A Saturday morning cartoon is an apt comparison.

That sounds 100% Williams to me. Clearly identifiable, earworm of a theme going through various sections of the orchestra and degrees of playfulness.

It's a far more "childish" theme than anything he's written for Star Wars before. Even Snowy's Theme was more adult sounding. This reminds me more of Home Alone, but I think it perfectly suits the type of child-friendly character they're aiming for with BB8.

Totally yes.

Vocal removed and music volume increased.... the quality isn't good but you can hear the music better. It doesn't sound like Williams to me.

https://soundcloud.com/user284573450/bb8

How did you download it?

Yeah we are getting kind of desperate. But the album is probably now assembled and they are pressing it furiously for the 18th of December release date so I think no samples might be forthcoming in a while.

On 11/26/2015 at 0:52 AM, Mr. Big said:

LOL, people thought that was Williams music.

Agreed!

Is it really that much diffrenr from this?

I hope BB8's scenes go unscored.

Did BB8 kill your mother or something?

Yes...

Also...

Harrison will be at the Sydney Opera House on 10th December as part of a "The Force Awakens Fan Event", whatever that entails.

Advertised today, sold out today.

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/starwars.aspx

Possible premiere of new music