Do you think John Williams will score Star Wars VIII and/or Ready Player One?

Lewya

Do you think John Williams will score Star Wars VIII and/or Ready Player One?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think John Williams will score Star Wars VIII and/or Ready Player One?

• He will score both of them
    • He will only score Ready Player One
    • He will only score Star Wars VIII
    • He won't score any of them, The BFG will be his last score

• 3 weeks later...

interesting tweet from Doug. Wonder if he could shed some light on the situation for us? :)

https://twitter.com/DougAdamsMusic/status/676934961212088320

He's just having fun with the fact that an article from 1980 mentions Williams scoring 9 Star Wars films (actually, the article incorrectly says 9 Star Wars sequels)

I really hope JW returns to score Ep. 8. There's a lot of thematic material he could continue to build on and generally, JW's music only gets better as he has more emotional material to work with, specifically looking at ESB, POA, and ROTS. All 3 sequel scores have fantastic emotional music and really satisfying payoffs.

Having now listened to The Force Awakens on both album and in the movie, if I had to choose his future scores be either Star Wars 8 and 9 or Spielberg's future movies*, I'd choose Star Wars. I'm very keen to see how he uses his TFA themes while introducing new ones in this trilogy. It is his universe!

*Except The BFG - based on the trailer, it looks like an ideal movie for some Williams magic and it is already a Williams score in my mind. This isn't the case with Ready Player One.

Having now listened to The Force Awakens on both album and in the movie, if I had to choose his future scores be either Star Wars 8 and 9 or Spielberg's future movies*, I'd choose Star Wars. I'm very keen to see how he uses his TFA themes while introducing new ones in this trilogy. It is his universe!

*Except The BFG - based on the trailer, it looks like an ideal movie for some Williams magic and it is already a Williams score in my mind. This isn't the case with Ready Player One.

100% agreed.