Upcoming Films

Quintus

Fox moves The Martian up from a Thanksgiving week release on Wednedsay Nov 25 to Friday Oct 2nd.

http://www.avclub.com/article/martian-will-now-premiere-halloween-not-thanksgivi-220801

Focus therefore moves London Is Falling from Oct 2 back to Jan 22nd 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Has_Fallen

Werner Herzog's Queen Of The Desert:

Werner goes Lean?

Hear Nicole Kidman whisper: "It's their freedom. It's their poetry of life."

And much more!

Alex

Personally, I think it looks kind of generic, but Williams looks watchable. That said, damn, reading about this film, I did not at all get from the trailer that it was about a man confronting his own homosexuality. Talk about whitewashed trailers.

Just didnt look like a compelling story to me

Plus, Prisoners was awesome but Enemy was terrible, so I'm lukewarm towards Villenue.

Here's what I thought:

Prisoners: 9/10

Enemy: 5/10

Maybe the critics saw something in Enemy that you and I somehow missed?

Yea, I'd agree with those ratings

Matt Damon: "... My only hesitation is I’ve just done ‘Interstellar’, in which I played a dude stranded on a planet, it might be weird if, after taking a year and a half off, I played another dude stranded on a planet."

Ridley Scott: " Interstellar? The movies are totally f***ing different, this is going to be f***ing fun!"

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/matt-damon-the-martian-is-totally-different-to-121752110156.html

lol at the Interstellar fanboy trying to subtly bash The Martian because Scott said it will be more fun. This is pathetic!

Just accept the fact that this will be a superior film! I mean, this is the guy who made Prometheus!

Blade Runner 2 will finally cement his status as the savior of Hollywood!

No, that's Miller!

Villeneuve is a false messiah! I mean, he's Canadian...

And that's why he is the true Messiah! The future of artsy film lies here in the North!

Ridley's need to drop two f-bombs in the same sentence isn't encouraging. All signs point to a turd.

If Scott doesn't drop at least two f-bombs in the same sentence then you should be worried. It's the only adjective and/or adverb that he knows. If his quotes are curse-free, then he's not excited about the project.

Interstellar was about one thing. The Martian tries to be about several, and doesn't really succeed at any.

It's not serious sci-fi, but sci-fi-lite for the young and hip crowd who need smarmy one-liners and quirky "humor" and who probably generally comport themselves with an air of "oh, look how ironically geeky I am!"

....but that's just my impression of it. Read it and see for yourself.

And will they allow Matt Damon to actually crack a smile? Like he did in the first film?

Yes, bring back Doug Liman*! Fire Greengrass!

On second thought, The Bourne Identity is Liman's only good movie (IMO).

The franchised is doomed.

Alex