What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

We had a free weekend. Spent the day with some friends watching the season. Not a big deal really.

Back in the days, when we had a free weekend, we went hiking or do something else outdoors. Dear god...

Aren't you like 4?

Only mentally.

20070115145807_childish-shirt.jpg

Can't be any worse than her rape storyline from last year

I didn't have a problem with that.

Second season was definitely more fun, but third season was pretty solid and fairly consistent. It's kind of like more of the same really. So if you're cool with that, then you'll like this.

That is OK. If a women beats his husband of boyfriend he deserved it and she was trying to correct him for something he did wrong. In fact teaching him to be a better person.

But if a man beats his wife of girlfriend he is attempting to establish his rule over here using brutal violence and proves that he is in fact a loathsome and weak person.

The selection at the Canadian Netflix sucks though. You rarely get to watch what you want to. Apparently most of us here just steal the American Netflix, but I have no idea how to do that.

Something with changing codes on a Playstation.

You use a VPN or proxy server to fool Netflix into thinking you're in a different country. I don't know how it works and don't feel like trying it.

Four episodes into American Horror Story Season 2 and already it's very apparent that the second season is much better than the first. If only Snyder's Sucker Punch was more like this ...

Dominique, nique, nique s'en allait tout simplement,
Routier, pauvre et chantant
En tous chemins, en tous lieux,
Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu,
Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu
À l'époque où Jean-Sans-Terre , d'Angleterre était le roi
Dominique, notre père, combattit les Albigeois

Alex

I actually thought season 2 was weaker, but still very good. The set up is great, but it tried to cram too much in. I keep meaning to watch season 3, but I have so much other TV watching to do on Netflix.

House of Cards 3x04 Chapter 30

So, I guess Claire just has the UN Ambassador job now? I thought at the end of the last episode, that all Frank promised to do was give her another chance to run again. But I guess he had the power to just GIVE her the job? Weird. Best part of this episode was Frank getting his ass handed to him, as he thought he had a plan to have Heather Dunbar take a Justice seat vacated by an alzheimering judge, only to have her announce her candidacy for President instead. That was awesome. Frank destroying the Jesus statue at the end by mistake was cringe inducing! Doug shows up to try to get on Dunbar's staff - obviously (I think anyway) to secretly report back to Frank. I don't think it will work? And finally Gavin meets up with Rachel's ex lover. I can't imagine she'll know where Rachel is either, but who knows.

House of Cards 3x04 Chapter 30

So, I guess Claire just has the UN Ambassador job now? I thought at the end of the last episode, that all Frank promised to do was give her another chance to run again. But I guess he had the power to just GIVE her the job? Weird.

When I saw the following episode I almost thought I skipped one because suddenly she had the job. When I realized that wasn't the case I swore I must've missed a scene somewhere or zoned out and just didn't catch it. I still have no idea what happened.

Yeah. This is what happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recess_appointment

Basically when the Senate is in recess, the President can appoint the ambassador. The Ambassador gets to hold that position until the current session of Congress ends, upon which he/she must be approved again by the Senate.

Not much of an event.

Watched Espn 2. Hogs at South Carolina. Scary but fun.

Then watched Big Bang it was good but I don't care about Raj and his GF.

I actually thought season 2 was weaker, but still very good. The set up is great, but it tried to cram too much in. I keep meaning to watch season 3, but I have so much other TV watching to do on Netflix.

The 2nd Season Asylum is great. Just because you couldn't handle the many stories doesn't mean they crammed in too much.

It is the best of all 4 seasons though I find they were all very entertaining.

Sarah Paulson is the gem.

I've never seen an Expendables movie

I haven't either but I've also avoided them.

The Fall 1x05 The Vast Abyss

So Spector has to talk to the police, lie to his wife, and leave town in a hurry. I didn't realize the babysitter was supposed to be THAT young - gross. As for Stella's investigation, well, she doesn't really get anywhere, but gets to talk to Spector... and his last victim is still alive. What a weird show. So their plan was to have a 5 episode show where a detective hunts a serial killer and he gets away with it? Did they just assume they'd get renewed for a second season?

Is the second season better or worse than the mostly boring first?

Brooklyn 99 2x17 Boyle-Linetti Wedding

Funny episode, almost everything to do with the wedding was funny stuff, even the predictable stuff like Jake losing the ring. Holt was barely in the episode but almost everything he said was hilarious. The Jake/Amy subplot was kinda meh, the Rosa/Marcus subplot was kinda meh (we basically know nothing about his character so it's hard to care that they're in love), but it was still over a strong episode. Continues to be one of the best comedies on network TV.

The 2nd Season Asylum is great. Just because you couldn't handle the many stories doesn't mean they crammed in too much.

We already had this discussion before, not going to rehash it.

Girls 4x07 Ask Me My Name

No Shoshanna or Ray = subpar episode. Zachary Quinto was as insufferable as Hannah Marnie and Jessa. Mimi Rose is at least an interesting character but pairing her off with Hannah for almost the whole episode was kinda meh. I guess Adam and her are really still on the show just to show how Hannah will get over him. Hannah ruining a nice date with a man clearly into her (after killing it as a sub) was cringe inducing.

I can, its like the blacklist, I just can't get into it. I do like the lead

I've never seen Hannibal but Mads Mikkelsen is good.

HBO's answer to Netflix's House Of Cards?

http://deadline.com/2015/03/alec-baldwin-hbo-series-nyc-mayor-30-rock-1201386981/

Alex - not a fan of political shows

HBO's answer to House of Cards is Veep. Good stuff.

True. Woops.

But that's what I see as HBO's equivalent of the series, despite how different the two shows are.

Well yes, I'm aware of that, just like House of Cards stems from the UK version. But I see the American shows somewhat as equivalents.

spacey7f-1-web.jpg

Funny Community trailer. Looks like the final season has potential to be better than the last two

House of Cards 3x05 Chapter 31

I still think Stamper is just pretending to want to work for Dunbar in order to get intel that will get him back on the Underwood staff. I assume that journal he showed her was about Claire's rape? Frank and Jackie's plan for her to announce her candidate for presidency to steal votes from Dunbar seems doomed to fail. Claire peeing in front of that Russian Ambassador guy was a funny scene. You think he wouldn't have fell for her obvious tricks. And then Mickey freaking Doyle from Boardwalk shows up as a writer Frank hires. Mickey freaking Doyle! Barely recognized him, he's so different in this role! I like Frank's plan here, but have a feeling it will backfire as Yates will probably end up uncovering more than Frank intends him too. Will he be the season 3 murder victim?