What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Not Coming Back:

Cupid, Pushing Daisies, The Unusuals, Life On Mars, King Of The Hill, Prison Break, Terminator, Kings, Reaper

Man, I liked Reaper. :lol:

I also really hope My Name is Earl is continued. It's a good show.

I never saw Reaper, but it looked really good, and I downloaded the episodes with the intentions of watching when I found time... now maybe I won't bother.

Same thing happened to me with Jericho....

I loved My Name Is Earl when it started, and it was great through its first 3 seasons. This season has been a real dud, though. I have the last 3 episodes sitting on my tivo unwatched....

Fox just announced their fall schedule

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2009 (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE

9:00-10:00 PM LIE TO ME

TUESDAY

8:00-10:00 PM SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Performance Show

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Results Show

9:00-10:00 PM GLEE

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

FRIDAY

8:00-8:30 PM BROTHERS

8:30-9:00 PM 'TIL DEATH

9:00-10:00 PM DOLLHOUSE

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED

11:00 PM-Midnight THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (working title)

Midnight-12:30 AM ANIMATION DOMINATION ENCORES

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM THE OT (NFL post-game)

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: MIDSEASON 2010 (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE

9:00-10:00 PM 24

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL Performance Show

9:00-10:00 PM PAST LIFE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL Results Show

9:00-10:00 PM HUMAN TARGET (January) / GLEE (spring)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

FRIDAY

8:00-8:30 PM BROTHERS

8:30-9:00 PM 'TIL DEATH

9:00-10:00 PM DOLLHOUSE

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED

11:00 PM-Midnight THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (working title)

Midnight-12:30 AM ANIMATION DOMINATION ENCORES

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM ANIMATION DOMINATION ENCORES

7:30-8:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM SONS OF TUCSON

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW

I'm surprised they are moving Fringe to Thursdays at 9 where it will compete with CSI, Grey's Anatomy, and The Office

I'm also surprised that Dollhouse is on both the Fall and Spring schedule since they only ordered 13 episodes.

ABC announced their fall schedule:

MONDAY:

8:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" (fall) / "The Bachelor" (mid-season)

10:00 p.m. "Castle"

TUESDAY:

8:00 p.m."Shark Tank"

9:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" (fall) / "Scrubs" and "Better Off Ted" (mid-season)

10:00 p.m. "The Forgotten"

WEDNESDAY:

8:00 p.m. "Hank"

8:30 p.m. "The Middle"

9:00 p.m. "Modern Family"

9:30 p.m. "Cougar Town"

10:00 p.m. "Eastwick"

THURSDAY:

8:00 p.m. "Flash Forward"

9:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"

10:00 p.m. "Private Practice"

FRIDAY:

8:00 p.m. "Supernanny"

9:00 p.m. "Ugly Betty"

10:00 p.m. "20/20"

SATURDAY:

8:00 p.m. "Saturday Night College Football"

SUNDAY:

7:00 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"

8:00 p.m. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

9:00 p.m. "Desperate Housewives"

10:00 p.m. "Brothers & Sisters"

NBC announced their fall schedule today too:

MONDAY

8-9 p.m. "Heroes"

9-10 p.m. - "TRAUMA"

10-11 p.m. "THE JAY LENO SHOW"

TUESDAY

8-10 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. "PARENTHOOD"

9-10 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

THURSDAY

8- 8:30 p.m. "SNL WEEKEND UPDATE THURSDAY"

8:30-9 p.m. "Parks and Recreation"

9- 9:30 p.m. "The Office"

9:30-10 p.m. "COMMUNITY"

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. "Law & Order"

9-10 p.m. "Southland"

SATURDAY

8-9 p.m. "Dateline NBC"

9-10 p.m. "TRAUMA" (encore broadcast)

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore broadcast)

SUNDAY

7- 8:20 p.m. "Football Night in America"

8:20-11 p.m. "NBC Sunday Night Football"

NBC MID-SEASON 2010 SCHEDULE

(2010 WINTER OLYMPICS preempt regularly scheduled programming from February 12-28)

MONDAY

8-9 p.m. "Chuck" (season premiere)

9-10 p.m. - "DAY ONE"

TUESDAY

8-9:30 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"

9:30-10 p.m. "100 QUESTIONS"

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. "MERCY"

9-10 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

THURSDAY

8- 8:30 p.m. "COMMUNITY"

8:30-9 p.m. "Parks and Recreation"

9- 9:30 p.m. "The Office"

9:30-10 p.m. "30 Rock"

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. "Law & Order"

9-10 p.m. "Southland"

SATURDAY

8-9 p.m. "Dateline NBC"

9-10 p.m. "Southland" (encore broadcast)

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore broadcast)

SUNDAY

7-8 p.m. "Dateline NBC"

8-9 p.m. THE MARRIAGE REF

9-11 p.m. "The Celebrity Apprentice"

CYA, My Name Is Earl

I don't get why they didn't just give Conan the 10pm slot and keep Jay on at 1130. That way Conan could've stayed in NY too

Obviously it's a cheap ass move by NBC to pay for less series. Something people will watch if there's nothing else. Why not fill the 9PM slot with one of their day time soaps while there at it

Fringe finale - it was obvious when watching that this wasn't intended to be the season finale, not only because of the kind of lack of big ending JJ Abrams seasons are known for, but also cause they actually had footage from the next season already in the preview! When I read that the season was being shortened from 22 episodes to 20 I assumed they just filmed 2 less episodes but they must have filmed all 22 and then Fox only decided to air 20 of them... lame.

Before you go on thinking FOX is lame when it comes to FRINGE, let me explain. The content of episode 20 was always planned as the finale. There was a deal for 21 episodes, but as the schedule got tighter and tighter, they realized that there would be insufficient time to shoot and edit the finale (as ep 21) in time for the airdate, so they simply retooled the remaining episodes to end at episode 20 instead of 21. Since there was still an order for 21 episodes, they wrote, shot and edited the 21st episode (with a more relaxed schedule) with plans for it to air sometime in season 2.

Also, how can you say the finale had a lack of a big ending? It doesn't get more "HOLY SHIT!" than

olivia ending up in an alternate reality in which the World Trade Center towers still exist!

1> Thanks Chris, that's very valuable info! I'm glad to hear that Fox didn't screw Abrams, Orci and Co. over!

So I take it that the "season 2 preview" shown at the end of the finale is entirely made up of footage from the mysterious episode 21, which appears to be somewhat of a standalone episode, not really one that carries the mythology story forward?

And no, the ending wasn't really that much of a "Holy shit" moment for me..... we knew Bell was hiding out in an alternate reality all along, and the tidbits from the newspaper as well as the fact that the twin towers weren't destroyed in that world wasn't all THAT mind blowing... it was more like OK, so the world is different... now I want to hear what Bell has to say.... oh wait, we gotta wait till the next season :eek:

I was more intrigued by the fact that Peter died in "our" world, and that Walter apparently stole the Peter from the alternate reality to replace him.... that's a cool twist! I also wonder what implications the alternate reality have for what The Observer is all about... it's a great show and I'm glad it was renewed!

2> Holy shit, Chris Tilton posts here!? THE Chris Tilton? Awesome!

I've been talking about how much I LOVE the music for Alias's final season for years now, and only recently discovered it was more your doing than Giacchino's. I REALLY hope a soundtrack will be released one day!!

BTW, as you were the orchestrator on Star Trek, any chance you could pop on over to this thread and fill in some gaps for us about the alternate film versions as compared to the album versions? :P

CBS announced their fall schedule

MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (NT)

8:30-9:00 PM ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE (N)

9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN

9:30-10:00 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY (NT)

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NCIS

9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES (N)

10:00-11:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE (N)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-8:30 PM THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE

8:30-9:00 PM GARY UNMARRIED

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR

9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST (NT)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GHOST WHISPERER

9:00-10:00 PM MEDIUM

10:00-11:00 PM NUMB3RS

SATURDAY

8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES

8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE

9:00-10:00 PM THREE RIVERS (N)

10:00-11:00 PM COLD CASE (NT)

I don't watch a single show on this network except How I Met Your Mother

I watch all 4 shows on the CBS Monday night comedy lineup, although I'm disappointed that it seems Rules Of Engagement has been cancelled as it's not on the lineup for Monday. During the NFL season I Tivo them so I don't miss Monday Night Football.

I've been talking about how much I LOVE the music for Alias's final season for years now, and only recently discovered it was more your doing than Giacchino's. I REALLY hope a soundtrack will be released one day!!

BTW, as you were the orchestrator on Star Trek, any chance you could pop on over to this thread and fill in some gaps for us about the alternate film versions as compared to the album versions? :P

Regarding ALIAS, extremely unlikely. There is no market for an ALIAS soundtrack anymore, and it would cost way more than would be made to license the ability to release it from Disney.

As for that STAR TREK thread, you all have WAY too much time on your hands. Who cares!?!?! Go outside! ;)

As for that STAR TREK thread, you all have WAY too much time on your hands. Who cares!?!?! Go outside! :lol:

Well Williams ain't doin much these days so we gotta talk about someone who is composing some very good music. ;)

The CW announced their schedule

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL

9:00-10:00 PM ONE TREE HILL

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM 90210

9:00-10:00 PM MELROSE PLACE (New Series)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

9:00-10:00 PM THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE (New Series)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (New Series)

9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SMALLVILLE (New night)

8:00-9:00 P.M. "GOSSIP GIRL"

I haven't watched a single thing on this channel ever. Haven't watched a thing on the UPN or WB since smallville, season 4 i think is when I stopped watching.

Here's a nice grid of the fall schedules

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide.aspx?id=fall_2009

Mondays at 8, Heroes, House, and How I Met Your Mother will all be on at the same time. My DVR can only record 2 channels at once..... do I finally stop watching Heroes, or do I record House and Heroes and torrent HIMYM? Hmmmmm

Like Lost, Smallville has been on too long, and neither show has a clue as to whats really going on.

Like Lost, Smallville has been on too long, and neither show has a clue as to whats really going on.

That hasn't been true for Lost in a long while. They only have one more season, they have to know what's happening.

:thumbup: I swear, even if I wanted to post the kinds of stuff you do, I wouldn't be able to come up with it! I get the impression that when you were young, J.J. Abrams and Michael Giacchino teamed up to bully you on the schoolyard. (And by the way...

Kate's still on for next season

. Like you said, the truth is out there. :thumbup:)

Anybody here watch Free Radio?

I just got into it this past week and find it to be really funny! Also Anna is hot! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff. The rest, meh. But anything with Morena Baccarian in it is worth watching, though the short hair doesn't work for me.

We're running dry on TV here now, with House, Lost and 24 done for this season, and Prison Break over for good.

The only UK TV I really watch is Robin Hood, The Apprentice and any decent comedy on Dave. I'm slowly working my way thru Arrested Development season 2, and we'll start season 3 of The Wire soon.

It's no wonder I just listen to music all the time these days...

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff.

Which is ironic considering the first part of INDEPENDENCE DAY just ripped off the original V.

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff. The rest, meh. But anything with Morena Baccarian in it is worth watching, though the short hair doesn't work for me.

I think she looks adorable with the short hair.

As for underlying subtleties that this show seems to be offering, judging by the trailer where "hope" is repeated, and a certain clip shown where Baccarin says to the journalist "We can't be seen in a negative light" (oh, god she never fails to give me the shivers), it reeks of something familiar in 2008-2009 history that we're not allowed to talk about on this board.

:rolleyes:

As for underlying subtleties that this show seems to be offering, judging by the trailer where "hope" is repeated, and a certain clip shown where Baccarin says to the journalist "We can't be seen in a negative light" (oh, god she never fails to give me the shivers), it reeks of something familiar in 2008-2009 history that we're not allowed to talk about on this board.

:P

:rolleyes:

:lol:

:)

That makes sense, because the brief information that I read about the preview trailer of V remarked on how it borrowed a lot of its concept from 1930s Europe. It's natural that a remake of that show would find a way to modernize that theme.

All my favorite shows are over. BSG ended. Terminator was cancelled. Etc.

I started watching Primeval recently. Watched all three seasons(the third on the internet for it hasn't aired in the US yet) and quite enjoyed it. It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

It might lead to a whole new plethora of spinoffs based on hot lizard chicks. Can you imagine being saved from drowning by beautiful lizard women in "Baywatch: V?" Or watching Howie Mandel lick his lips (or maybe his eyeball, too) when they have a special V edition of "Deal or No Deal?" Personally I'm looking forward to that one.

It might lead to a whole new plethora of spinoffs based on hot lizard chicks. Can you imagine being saved from drowning by beautiful lizard women in "Baywatch: V?" Or watching Howie Mandel lick his lips (or maybe his eyeball, too) when they have a special V edition of "Deal or No Deal?" Personally I'm looking forward to that one.

Quick! Buy Godzilla a big screen TV!