The Official "The Walking Dead" TV Show Discussion Thread (Beware Spoilers)

BLUMENKOHL

Indeed, Quint. Well put! Also, it's like a resetting of the world ... A new start ...there's something alluring about that ... even if it means one has to knife a zombie through his eyeball a few times a day.

Alex

Or the ultimate violent male fantasy.

I'd put my money on this. It's a very primal experience to watch The Walking Dead. It's a rare opportunity to tap into that animal side of our natures and not feel guilty about it!

• 1 month later...

The executives where too preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think about whether or not they should!

• 2 months later...

It's just more misplaced conservative nannying bullshit anyway. Yes of course you can show people being blown away, mutilated and beheaded, but don't you fucking DARE say fuck on tv!

Season 4 was great pretty much from start to finish, but that finale ruined it. Although it was for more reasons than stupid censorship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

During the first eppie of S4, I was very annoyed with Netflix' out of sync issues (again). Finally solved it by putting on the subtitles. Grrrrr!

Scott M. Gimple will be the show runner again; he's been the show runner since season 4. Season 1 was Frank Darabont, and Seasons 2 and 3 were Glen Mazzara.

I didn't say "all" the female viewers, or "only" the female viewers. If you want to pick up a shovel and go bop heads when they kill Darryl, you go right ahead.

I'm going to throw a party when they kill Glen.

Simply wonderful. A great beginning, brutal beyond anything on tv. Institutional evil depicted without remorse or concern. As satisfying an ending as as you get.

I'm still watching the previous season (one more eppy to go, I think). Overall, it was too much of the same (prison, then the Governor, blah, blah) but I kinda like the eppies when the group is dispersed. I certainly like the people that terrible Glen has encountered , you know, that big ginger guy, the girl that's dressed as a hot pants soldier and Eugene (is it?), the so-called man with the solution. Hopefully, they will will stick around for a while.

Alex

Excellent season premiere. The nice thing about getting all the supporting characters back together is all those shocking deaths to savor.

I'm slightly saddened by the return of the fan favorite character shown after the end credits, because I thought I had successfully argued why he didn't need to return, but alas, he is a fan favorite.

Has it started? Jesus, I had no idea, I thought we were still ages away!

Every single season of the show during it's entire run has begun in October.

I think for me, that was easily the best season-opener yet, or at least as far as my memory of this show goes. Great pace, a good dose of disturbing acts and the reunion was definitely welcomed. Effective stuff.

Now the question is, where does the season go from here? It can either go back to the usual dull filler stuff, or ride on with an intriguing new season arc (maybe the whole "cure" thing).

And I don't remember who the guy at the end...

He was in the very first episode in Atlanta, taking care of his son and looking for his zombie wife, and last season, Rick revisited him for guns, but he was all alone and on edge by then. Apparently his song is not sung.

I fell asleep with yesterday's episode (12 of S4: Still): The boring Daryl and Beth episode.

I believe that is a favourite, with the ladies.

Has it started? Jesus, I had no idea, I thought we were still ages away!

Every single season of the show during it's entire run has begun in October.

Right. I've never stuck to air dates with this show, I just watch the episodes as and when, usually after at least half of them have already aired. I only got into the show after season 2, which was much better than the first.

Quintus - doesn't know when Game of Thrones comes back either.

Episode 13 of S4 (Alone) might be this season's best. It's Bob's (solo) episode. It's still weird to see that guy from The Wire in The Walking Dead though.

alone-bob-traveling-alone-in-flashback_z

...and last season, Rick revisited him for guns, but he was all alone and on edge by then.

That was in season 3.

I fell asleep with yesterday's episode (12 of S4: Still): The boring Daryl and Beth episode.

I believe that is a favourite, with the ladies.

I liked their arc in those second-half episodes. They're interesting characters to pair up, and found that dynamic much more fascinating then the others.

So you like cozy campfire chats, nightscaper? To hear people talk about themselves is the worst kind of character development I can imagine.

No, much better was yesterday's episode The Grove where a child sympathizes with The Walkers and must therefore be dealt with. Harsh episode. Life is hard.

TWD_414_GP_1016_0174.jpg