Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - 20th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2012)

Jay

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4914/20558910151354292033755.jpg

(click to embiggen)

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE -- 2 CD SET

MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS

LLLCD 1232

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN AND MIKE MATESSINO

MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO

LINER NOTES BY MIKE MATESSINO

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox are proud to announce the 20th Anniversary release of one of John Williams’ timeless scores. This newly remastered and slightly expanded reissue features fantastic sound and detailed liner notes by John Williams historian, Mike Matessino. Jim Titus’ festive artwork not only compliments this holiday classic but makes for a great companion to the work he did on our previous release of HOME ALONE two Christmas’ ago. This is a great opportunity to pick up this whimsical score if you missed out on the previous release.

DISC 1

1 Somewhere in My Memory 3:54 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

2 Star of Bethlehem 3:32 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

3 Home Alone (Main Title) 2:10

4 This Year’s Wish 1:48

5 We Overslept Again / Holiday Flight 3:18

6 Separate Vacations 1:58

7 Arrival in New York 2:58

8 The Thieves Return 3:29

9 Plaza Hotel 3:04

10 Concierge 1:32

11 Distant Goodnights (Christmas Star) 2:05 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

12 A Day in the City 1:00

13 Duncan’s Toy Store 2:42

14 Turtle Doves 1:29

15 To the Plaza, Presto 3:25

16 Race to the Room / Hot Pursuit 4:10

17 Haunted Brownstone 3:01

18 Appearance of the Pigeon Lady 3:23

19 Christmas at Carnegie Hall 5:11 O Come, All Ye Faithful / O Little Town of Bethlehem / Silent Night

Disc 1: 54:09

DISC 2

1 Christmas Star – Preparing the Trap 4:23 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

2 Another Christmas in the Trenches 2:34

3 Running Through Town 1:16

4 Luring the Thieves 4:02

5 Kevin’s Booby Traps 7:25

6 Down the Rope /Into the Park 5:07

7 Reunion at Rockefeller Center /It’s Christmas 5:21

8 Finale 2:00

9 We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Traditional) / Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas 2:52 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

10 End Titles (“Somewhere in My Memory”) 1:34

Additional Music:

11 God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen /Good King Wenceslas (Traditional)* 2:23

12 The Christmas Song* 1:42

13 Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!* 1:16

14 Winter Wonderland* 3:25

15 My Christmas Tree 2:39 (Written by Jack Feldman and Alan Menken)

16 Christmas Star 3:21 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

17 Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (alternate) 2:44*

18 Celebrity Ding-Dang-Dong* :41

19 Holiday Flight (alternate) 2:26

20 Suite from “Angels with Filthy Souls II” :58

21 Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (orchestra) 2:27

Disc 2: 58:37

Total Two-Disc Time: 112:46

* Previously Unreleased

http://www.facebook....31953754&type=1

http://www.facebook....31953754&type=1

Available to order at 1PM PST on Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 at http://www.lalalandrecords.com/ and other fine retailers.

they say those 12 minutes totally change everything.

You're just being sarcastic, right? I can't tell.. :rolleyes:

Yeah he is. But those 3 minutes of new JW music isn't worth rebuying this score again at this dire economic junction.

It is nice to finally have "My Christmas Tree" included.

I am surprised they didn't replicate Williams's OST arrangements as bonus tracks as well however.

they say those 12 minutes totally change everything.

You're just being sarcastic, right? I can't tell.. :rolleyes:

I'm paraphrasing The Big Bang Theory.

Howard: So, listen, the New Art is showing the revised definitive cut of Blade Runner.

Leonard: Seen it.

Howard: No, you’ve seen the 25th anniversary final cut. This one has eight seconds of previously unseen footage. They say it completely changes the tone of the film.

Perfect, i missed out on the Varese one so this is a sure buy.

Nevertheless the Varese album sounds fantastic. Will be interesting to see how the sound quality will differ between these two releases.

I'm not spending $30 for 12 minutes unless it comes with a happy ending.

Good thing it only costs $24.98, then.

Yeah, if anything this could have used a three disc version with the original album remastered.

I'm still excited for it, even though we already have most of the music.

You could probably fit the whole thing still in a 2CD set by not repeating the tracks that are identical from OST to new presentation such as the songs.

But really all we would need from it would be the unique Williams cut-downs/combinations of score cues.

Yeah, if anything this could have used a three disc version with the original album remastered.

I'm still excited for it, even though we already have most of the music.

Nah, the score is short enough you could include the 40 minute original album and still be on two CDs.

What? The original album was 60 minutes (including the songs).

I still find it odd that you think Harry Potter and Star Wars will ever be released on an independent label.

Disney bought Lucasfilms and Intrada has an excellent connection to Disney. There is a huge chance this will lead to complete starwars soundtrack releases eventually.

There is nothing odd about it at all. :)

Well, out of those, only The Black Cauldron and The Black Hole interested me enough to justify a purchase, but I would have been just as happy to skip The Black Cauldron in all honesty (The Black Hole is sublime).

I never listen to Up, couldn't care in the least about Toy Story music, never saw The Avengers and don't really care about its music, and 20,000 Leagues is a film I saw once and don't remember the music.

SOLD......FOR $0.00.

I'll pm you my address. Now you can afford to get this new CD with those extra 12 minutes.

Oh look at you, always so clever. I'm not spending $24.98 for the 12 minutes either, especially since the trade-in value on a once-ripped open Varese Home Alone 2 is now ~$0.

Koray is probably right in his thinking. I would expect Disney to directly re-issue their most popular titles themselves. But then if the scores are expanded upon, I wouldn't be surprised to see Intrada involved.

They could sell it to the highest bidder, like Lucasfilm did with the Indy boxset to Concord. Since our labels aren't super rich they still probably wouldn't get to produce it but it may not be Lucasfilm that releases it.

Hmm, not expected but this is a weird Williams release.The other one was limited and took several years to sell out. I guess this one is for the lazy Williams fan that ignored the sell out warnings a few years ago

Even as a hard core Williams fan I can't justify buying this.

I will find a way to listen to that unreleased Williams track and My Christmas Tree is on another c.d.

Wow. So not Harry Potter, not Star Wars prequels, not Jurassic Park 1 or 2, not A.I., but this. Huh.

I guess this is a non-event then

I still find it odd that you think Harry Potter and Star Wars will ever be released on an independent label.

Well, I meant that regardless of the labels.

You would assume that HP, JP, SW preq etc. are what we would get next... not HA2 yet again.

Yeah of all the already "complete" JW releases, I thought this was one of the top three contenders of never having to be rereleased with even more material.

Hmm, not expected but this is a weird Williams release.The other one was limited and took several years to sell out. I guess this one is for the lazy Williams fan that ignored the sell out warnings a few years ago

It's more than a few years ago. Varese's DE came out in 2002 if I remember, and while it did take a few years to sell out, some of us here were only in the early stages of collecting and didn't know what the 'limited' thing was all about.

I wasn't actively expecting this, but given how long it's been out of print, I wasn't remotely surprised.

How though, did they get this past JW without omitting something? Although I guess in its favour, it doesn't have lots of tracking/loops/inserts.

why, thanks :P

SOLD......FOR $0.00.

I'll pm you my address. Now you can afford to get this new CD with those extra 12 minutes.

Huh?

How though, did they get this past JW without omitting something?

ROTFLMAO

Never noticed that..

It's more than a few years ago. Varese's DE came out in 2002 if I remember, and while it did take a few years to sell out, some of us here were only in the early stages of collecting and didn't know what the 'limited' thing was all about.

sorry then, but I figure there's not like 1000 new JWfans who will buy this. Maybe 50

I wish this came out a month ago. Most of my funds for xmas are all taken up now. I hope that it will last till after the first of the year. At 3000 units, I hope.

Any chance this release will fix the clipping issues that the last release suffered from?

Didn't ever notice a single clipping issue. Could you provide tracks and exact timings for it?

Any chance this release will fix the clipping issues that the last release suffered from?

Didn't ever notice a single clipping issue. Could you provide tracks and exact timings for it?

Star of Bethlehem gets pretty horrible around 2:30.

I think I'll buy this for completist-ness because I didn't get the other one, but I can't say I'm very excited about it.

I was hoping for some previously unreleased Williams music for black friday, rather than a re-issue but oh well...I wonder if there will be any more Williams before the year is up. At least this was the Year of the Hook.

Any news on if "Christmas Tree" will be the one on the "Home Alone Christmas" album or the film version that's just choir/piano... I imagine it won't be the film version which is kinda annoying... but expected. I know it says 'previously unreleased' but hmm

The other stuff! I'm happy for...I might have to get this lol

I assume you mean "My Christmas Tree", if so, look closer... it does NOT say "previously unreleased" for that track.