Sony is re-issuing the Home Alone OST on October 23rd

Jay

I think MV used that post as launch pad for something else. We know there are other Williams projects in the brewing at LLL. So I guess he means its SOME THING ELSE more important and definitive than HOME ALONE 25TH ANNIVERSARY release. I suspect another majestic 2 or 3CD set release with no one other than Mike Mattessino involved. Ahh! La La Land! - Where dreams are born and specially when one wishes upon the stars.

I think MV used that post as launch pad for something else. We know there are other Williams projects in the brewing at LLL. So I guess he means its SOME THING ELSE more important and definitive than HOME ALONE 25TH ANNIVERSARY release. I suspect another majestic 2 or 3CD set release with no one other than Mike Mattessino involved. Ahh! La La Land! - Where dreams are born and specially when one wishes upon the stars.

That's the same way I read it, azahid. I'm assuming he's talking about something that's not Home Alone-related.

I'm not sure why he would suggest people wait on the Home Alone 25th Anniversary reissue, unless there were another issue of Home Alone coming out from LLL in the near future. It's pretty clear that's what he's talking about.

Yea, the new Sony version of the old OST is $9.99, and isn't going to be purchased by 99% of FSM. Why would he use that thread to say save your money for some other Williams title?

Or maybe it's Harry Potter, and MV said to everyone not to waste their money on Home Alone because they're going to release a score that sounds the same anyway!

I blame the director. He obvious temped HPSS with Home Alone 2.

JW can't be expected to innovate when confronted with temp-tracks of his own music.

If Home alone has been re-remastered, re-assembled, re-analised in liner notes and with Williams involvement...really all that money, human resources and time could have gone to another (williams) score. And just press new units of the 2010 CD fot the 25th anniversary.

Mike Matessino followed up MV's comments in the FSM thread:

Save me some, MV.

In the interest in maintaining sanity insofar as is possible, I would advise two things:

1) Forget about E.T.

2) Start saving now because it's going to be a stunning 4th quarter for soundtrack collectors.

Mike M.

What about those of us who buy CDs because we like the music on them?

I could have said "buyers" or "purchasers," too, I just went for "collectors" as a catch-all. There is definitely some great music coming!

Mike M.

Ooohhhh... ET!

Sorry, I didn' understand.

Why did he say "forget about E.T."?

Also, if it is E.T., I wonder if we would get the 2 early versions of the first cue (I mean the one after the main titles cue), that is, if they were recorded.

I really hope we will get a proper COMPLETE score this times, with a remaster of the OST.

Hmmm.. If it is Williams approved I doubt it will be really complete. Whatever it is, it will be missing something.

Really, every time I hear about a Williams expansion, I hope it is not approved! :lol:

Sorry, I didn' understand.

Why did he say "forget about E.T."?

Because people in the thread brought up ET. Did you read the thread?

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111813&forumID=1&archive=0

Does this mean ET is completely out of the question in general? Wasn't it sort of brought up as a future project in a Matessino interview awhile back?

Why would you jump to that conclusion? I just interpreted Mike's response to mean it wasn't coming now.

Yes, he brought up ET in the article he wrote for JWFan about Empire of the Sun, but I have no idea specifically what he meant with that reference (its in the footnotes). I haven't asked him what he meant, either. As far as I know, Universal isn't about to let a specialty label work on that score any time soon, but who knows.

Really people read too much into all the little comments the people in the industry make. Generally there is no way to tell what's coming out until it's announced or specifically hinted at on purpose as a clue shortly before its release.

Does this mean ET is completely out of the question in general? Wasn't it sort of brought up as a future project in a Matessino interview awhile back?

Why would you jump to that conclusion? I just interpreted Mike's response to mean it wasn't coming now.

Yes, he brought up ET in the article he wrote for JWFan about Empire of the Sun, but I have no idea specifically what he meant with that reference (its in the footnotes). I haven't asked him what he meant, either. As far as I know, Universal isn't about to let a specialty label work on that score any time soon, but who knows.

Really people read too much into all the little comments the people in the industry make. Generally there is no way to tell what's coming out until it's announced or specifically hinted at on purpose as a clue shortly before its release.

Well he said forget about it like it wasn't even a possibility. Is that in the context of MV's comment or in general? I'm just ruminating, haven't read what's happening on FSM.

Its not E.T. But you may look up at the stars and make a wish.

I'm sorry azahid but how do you know this information about a label's upcoming releases?

Are you somehow affiliated with it?

edit: Never mind, I just saw a later post of yours that it was a wishful thinking.

Does anyone know how much is missing from Close Encounters? Is it much?

I wish I was with a label but then I would be obligated not to reveal anything. And here Iam playing by way of deductive reasoning. It could be WAR OF THE WORLDS or CE3K. Who knows? We are all just guessing. There are so many clues out there. Infact, around the time of the Superman box set and Varese Deluxe Home Alone 2 Mike Mattessino did an interview where he emphasized on other great scores of Williams such as Empire of the Sun, Home Alone, HOOK, AI, 1941 and today we have all these out.And lets not forget E.T. Its bound to happen someday.

filmmusic, Bloodboal's fucking with you

No hints or clues have been given about any titles. You guys read too much into these things!