The Force Awakens begins recording at Sony in LA today

thx99

What else has he done?

Harry Potter 1 celeste parts for just for starters!

Ah yes, Randy Kerber, how'd I forget!

I wonder if Jim Self will give a report on the music like he did for War Horse...

I just asked a player if he could share some info, describe the music or tell us about the themes. I doubt I will even get a reply but it was worth a try.

Very cool and exciting! And yes the orchestra seems to be full of amazing players. :)

But where is James Thatcher from the horn section? He is my favourite and often has been the horn soloist in JWs scores.

Does it matter? They lack versatility either way. Just look at the poor quality of those photos. The LSO would probably appear in a much higher resolution!

I know, eh? These poorly composed shots are a disgrace!

Those pictures are 16:9 and low res, which makes me think they may be screencaps from a video.

JW has a history of back issues

He does. He was "out" with back issues for the entirety of 1988, although he thankfully DID compose a few things that year.

Even if there is no John, there is still a Williams in these pics. His younger brother Don (who's so much younger that he's about the same age of my own father) can be glimpsed with his back against the camera on a number of the photos, among the percussion instruments.

Does it matter? They lack versatility either way. Just look at the poor quality of those photos. The LSO would probably appear in a much higher resolution!

I know, eh? These poorly composed shots are a disgrace!

Poorly composed shots = poorly composed music? They're trying to send us subtle hints! We're doomed!

You guys have to stop worrying so much. He's an old guy, he has a history of back issues, he does things in his own tempo. Deal with it! :)

I would suggest "March of the Villains" or "Superfeats" from Superman or "Gimbel's Robbery" from Fitzwilly as the proper background music on your iPod when you go. To set up the mood you know. For a slightly more intense experience "Pre-Crime to the Rescue".

Why did they delete that tweet? Looks perfectly innocent. It's not like it's revealing anything about the music or whatever.