BBC Radio Wales - John Williams Music (06/25/2015)

thx99

Thanks, but unfortunately there is not enough music in this documentary, and I don't understand gaelic.

Few years ago, the BBC dedicated 5 episodes to John Williams in their series "Composer of the week".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pmfg2

Their playlists where responsible of my "relapse" for John Williams. ;)

I'm genuinely curious to know if we have any regular (or even occasional) visitors to JWFan who can understand Welsh. It would be interesting to know what the gist of this broadcast was. Williams is such a quintessentially Welsh surname, it makes me wonder if he has any Welsh ancestry in the recent past.

It always amuses me when I phone my work colleagues in any of our Welsh sites and they answer the phone in Welsh first, then in English. I still can't work out if they are clearing their throats or saying something to me!

Thanks, but unfortunately there is not enough music in this documentary, and I don't understand gaelic.

To be exact it is not "gaelic" which is a whole other branch of languages but rather "cymric" or "cymraeg". ;)

And no I can't understand much of it either, most those English words that seem to slip in now and again.

Now if someone fluent in Welsh could whip up a transcription of the show we all would be much obliged I am sure.

To be exact it is not "gaelic" which is a whole other branch of languages but rather "cymric" or "cymraeg". ;)

Thanks, I made the mistake because in french this language is called "Gallois".

And for me, "Welch" is a brand of grape juice :lol:

Cuban?

No Dutch Irish. My father was from Wales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuban?

No Dutch Irish. My father was from Wales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?!!! :blink:

My girlfriend works for BBC Cardiff (which is in Wales): she doesn't speak Welsh but I will ask her to speak to some colleagues for some help on this :P