The John Williams Health Issues Thread

You know, we're all joking, and it's all nice and well, but I think I'd feel awful if they revealed JW really is suffering from anal itching.

The more I read into this, the more I'm convinced that is what it is. Obviously, they wouldn't come out and say that that is what is troubling him so they'd come up with a reasonable excuse. Back trouble seems like a logical cover-up. In addition, if JW is stricken with a severe case of anal itching, it would certainly explain why he is having difficulty conducting and why the most recent footage of him is from the shoulders up.

Some of us are seriously concerned. I think the anal jokes are ridiculous, but I'm not offended by them. We all love JW here.

We may not all be concerned about his health, but we all most definitely want him to be in good health.

Edit: As you kinda covered with the bit "we all love JW here" which I failed to read until after posting so heh heh

Well, what are you all waiting for, we all need to reply and agree how horrible JWFan is.

Honestly though, I just can't stand someone who types like this:

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 5:48 PM

By: films1 (Member)

Is it me or do some of the JW forum members seem pompous ? they seem to argue amongst themselves and now have a dedicated John williams health issues thread !! dear oh dear its bit OTT

What do other people think ? or am i just been a bit tetchy ?

Its just really niggled me ... sorry for the rant!!

So let's tighten it up:

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 5:48 PM

By: Idiot (Member)

Is it me or do some of the JWFan forum members seem pompous ? They seem to argue amongst themselves and now have a dedicated John williams health issues thread !! Dear oh dear it's a bit OTT

What do other people think ? Or am I just been being a bit tetchy ?

It's just really niggled me ... sorry for the rant!!

Some of us are seriously concerned. I think the anal jokes are ridiculous, but I'm not offended by them. We all love JW here.

Yes, anal is nothing to joke about.

Seriously, can anyone now argue that we shouldn't make the whole forum invisible to non-members, if only to avoid these petty accusations? It's bad enough when new members put on that self-righteous act, but do we really need to hear this from totally different forums too?

Yes, anal is nothing to joke about.

Seriously, can anyone now argue that we shouldn't make the whole forum invisible to non-members, if only to avoid these petty accusations?

You're gonna let accusations from someone who uses double exclamation points and spaces before punctuation get to you?

Well, what are you all waiting for, we all need to reply and agree how horrible JWFan is.

Done.

I thought only elderly came together to discuss health issues.

But then again I am regularly reminded by BloodBoal that many here are 90 year old perverts.

Personally I don't think there is much to be gained from speculation on Williams' health. I wish the best of it to him.

You know, even I feel there's something a bit wrong about us having a thread subject like this one and have it turn into another anarchic piss-take. It's a little off, no? Mr Williams' people may read this place and he is, you know, 83 years old.

You know, even I feel there's something a bit wrong about us having a thread subject like this one and have it turn into another anarchic piss-take. It's a little off, no? Mr Williams' people may read this place and he is, you know, 83 years old.

Finally! After all these years we have found your limit!

My response to a couple of points there:

Well, this is the John Williams fan forum. What do you expect people to post about? Endless Giacchino or Shore topics?

As for another comment, this is the worst place on the Internet? Really? So bad that even 4chan can't compare? Or maybe they just lead a sheltered life and have never seen that place before.

As for this topic, well, we can't pretend that we haven't already lost one of the most well-known composers this year, so that would obviously add the worry of losing another, especially as iconic as John Williams.

My response to a couple of points there:

Well, this is the John Williams fan forum. What do you expect people to post about? Endless Giacchino or Shore topics?

As for another comment, this is the worst place on the Internet? Really? So bad that even 4chan can't compare? Or maybe they just lead a sheltered life and have never seen that place before.

As for this topic, well, we can't pretend that we haven't already lost one of the most well-known composers this year, so that would obviously add the worry of losing another, especially as iconic as John Williams.

Done.

As for this topic, well, we can't pretend that we haven't already lost one of the most well-known composers this year

I must be experiencing some bizarre memory issues at the moment, because for a brief moment after I read this, I thought "huh who?"

As I just said over at FSM, I agree with a lot of what they're saying and can totally understand where they're coming from. That's not to say there aren't GOOD things here once in a while, but in general I find this to be a rather bizarre place (except for the site proper, which is great). If this hadn't been the only John Williams forum on the net, I probably wouldn't have hung around. Feel free to throw tomatos at me now. :)

As I just said over at FSM, I agree with a lot of what they're saying and can totally understand where they're coming from. That's not to say there aren't GOOD things here once in a while, but in general I find this to be a rather bizarre place (except for the site proper, which is great). If this hadn't been the only John Williams forum on the net, I probably wouldn't have hung around. Feel free to throw tomatos at me now. :)

No. We'll throw complete scores at you!

I just don't GET you.

I just don't GET you.

He, he...join the line!

At least you recognize it. One wonders how many times you can express your puzzlement over this place and everyone here. I haven't been here very long and it's already gotten old. Especially telling that it comes out in strength when the place is criticized and it's comfortable to put a little distance between yourself and us.

I can only hope that you also recognize how this might sour people that you may be involved with or seek to be involved with in the real world.

No worries. Jay, Ricard and others are well aware of my view in this regard -- I've even mentioned it to the good JWFAN folks I've met in real life. Just because I don't connect with the 'general atmosphere' here doesn't mean we can't get along in real life. An internet forum and a real-life table discussion are two very different things.

Lack of connection and conduct regarding that are two different things, and I tend to think the latter is in fact totally pertinent to "real-life."

But sure, no worries.

You don't really belong anywhere do you? Not FSM, where you are actively hated, not here. Where you don't really fit in.

Poor Haga

Actually, my true 'film score forum' home is Maintitles.net -- the best film music forum on the internet. I feel at ease at FSM too, despite certain individuals who always take opposing viewpoints as personal affronts. In fact, even at JWFAN, when there's a good discussion that I'm interested in and that manages to be more or less on-topic and adult in tone, I feel fine here too. But I appreciate the consideration, Cosmatos.

It is interesting that just because I express a personal dissatisfaction with the 'general atmosphere', a lot of you take it personally -- yet I've never really mentioned anyone in particular. It's just a general tone that seems to have established itself a long time ago.

It's because you frequently express "personal dissatisfaction" with this place whilst still frequenting it. It doesn't affect anyone personally I don't think, but you just wind up sounding like a broken record.

Fair enough. I realize a lone voice like mine probably won't make a difference this way or that way, but I guess it's because I have a faint wish of change that I re-state my views on this matter every time opportunity allows.

I'm here since the very early days of this place, so I guess I learned to understand its in's and out's. While I've never been a truly active poster, I always enjoyed the good-natured spirit and the lighthearted tone of JWFan. But I understand that in the latter years it became a lot more self-referential and somehow more exclusive to the point where sometimes it's difficult to get it. It's part of the game actually, as discussion boards like this are somehow being surpassed by other social media outlets like Facebook, where people engage more directly with each other and create their own network of friendships and connections, so a lot of them probably don't feel the need to replicate discussions they're already having in other places. Like Thor, I too don't get most of the (zillions) inside jokes and verbal sparring between some users, which sometimes get very nasty and ugly, and that's what keeps me away from most discussions, even if sometimes I'd like to contribute. But I understand this is what JWFan today is and that's what probably keeps it going on, and that's totally fine with me. I check it everyday, even though most of the time I don't feel attached to it anymore.

Change? Would that be fair, for the entirety of the forum to change to fit your very specific wishes?

No. As I said, it's not realistic. But I can't help having the preferences that I do, and inevitably one wants things to stick as close to that as possible -- even if it's just a pipe dream. In this case, my own preference goes against the preference held by most of the active participants. That's fine. I have to live with it, which I have. But I also need to 'vent' once in a while.