The John Williams Health Issues Thread

I'm here since the very early days of this place, so I guess I learned to understand its in's and out's. While I've never been a truly active poster, I always enjoyed the good-natured spirit and the lighthearted tone of JWFan. But I understand that in the latter years it became a lot more self-referential and somehow more exclusive to the point where sometimes it's difficult to get it. It's part of the game actually, as discussion boards like this are somehow being surpassed by other social media outlets like Facebook, where people engage more directly with each other and create their own network of friendships and connections, so a lot of them probably don't feel the need to replicate discussions they're already having in other places. Like Thor, I too don't get most of the (zillions) inside jokes and verbal sparring between some users, which sometimes get very nasty and ugly, and that's what keeps me away from most discussions, even if sometimes I'd like to contribute. But I understand this is what JWFan today is and that's what probably keeps it going on, and that's totally fine with me. I check it everyday, even though most of the time I don't feel attached to it anymore.

Spot-on. But some of the exchanges are often hilarious, though

Indeed, but I suppose it depends as always upon how one reads it all. But even if you're unfamiliar with the tone here, I'd find it hard to believe that any more than half a percent of the spats seem anything more than half-hearted.

In my experience, the same people who get Social Justice Warrior about discussing their favorite celebrity's health...

...are the same assholes that would stand by a side door and push albums in the poor guy's face to sign, like a mob of starving animals!

We must destroy FSM!

I say we strike first, and hit them before they know what happened to them!

General Bloodboal should lead the assault.

In that case, Mr. Cosman, we can clean their chronometers.

So who's going to tell Miss Morley that her boobs have fallen out?

JW's voice was weak in the SDCC concert intro, btw. [....concerned]

Change? Would that be fair, for the entirety of the forum to change to fit your very specific wishes?

No. As I said, it's not realistic. But I can't help having the preferences that I do, and inevitably one wants things to stick as close to that as possible -- even if it's just a pipe dream. In this case, my own preference goes against the preference held by most of the active participants. That's fine. I have to live with it, which I have. But I also need to 'vent' once in a while.

You too, huh.

I doubt Williams would have taken the time to record that intro if he was seriously ill. He may have been a little under the weather, but not seriously ill. I didn't notice anything alarming or out of the ordinary in the video.

Yeah, exactly. I feel that people may have thought he sounded weak based off of the early recordings of the concert that emerged with really lackluster audio quality. However, in better recordings he sounds just fine.

Excellent development, I seriously hope the JeHahdi terrorist sees the FSM thread and posts an extremely angry bitchfit about how awful he thinks JWFan is. He only ever posts and interjects in threads so he can attack other people instead of actually discussing topics, but since he sucks up and kisses the boils on the asses of Kendall and Sones, he won't ever get banned for his shitty behavior regardless of how many times he breaks the "be nice to each other" rule like he's a William Devane trope. Respect should be earned from your peers, not granted to you solely because of how much you bitch about everyone else and ragequit like Jeremy Irons at the end of the Dungeons and Dragons movie, and he has never earned the respect of anyone with a functioning intelligence quotient in their brain (like me! and pretty much everyone here at JWFan). His constant anger at everyone and everything should have gotten him banned years ago so he could finally turn off the computer, go outside, get a life, and the internet would no longer be polluted with his toxic presence, and yet FSM keeps enabling him.

He needs to erase his self-serving inscription from the guest book at the Anne Frank museum, as well as issue a long overdue apology to Christian Clemmensen for attacking his family. He is probably the top-ignored FSM poster at this point:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=65959&forumID=1&archive=0

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/index.cgi?read=50123

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/index.cgi?read=68548

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/index.cgi?read=84662

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/index.cgi?read=117480

I think it's rather sad and pitiful that he lashes out this way at everybody, but I think it's mostly a case of sexual frustration on his part. He can't get any girls to bang him (despite how much he likes to talk about getting some; he's so insecure with his masculinity his buddies will reject him if they know the truth that he never lost his virginity), precisely because he lives on Doritos alone in an apartment with stacks of CDs to the ceiling, so he has masturbation jackoff sessions whenever a new Joe Kraemer CD comes out (which isn't very frequently). With MI: Rogue Nation released though, he'll have another title coming to his door and once again he can stick his tiny penis into the hole of the CD, thrust back and forth and back and forth, and explode his seminal fluid while wearing a fursuit and yiffing his way to kingdom come.

The inevitable day will come when Gillian Anderson passes away though and he will get so angry he'll burst the blood vessel in his temple that always bursts open and take it out on the world yet again, as he usually does. And then he'll just fantasize about having (but he'll never get any) sex with Cvalda / MKRUltra instead, as his backup X-Files go to female. One of these days he's going to have a stroke from being so angry and I worry that he won't seek proper medical attention and therapy treatment before it's too late.

By the way Thor, he mentioned on his Tweeter thing once (he's posting on there every single day, whoring himself out, crying for attention) that he would punch you in the face if he ever saw you in person. I have a screencap of it but it's at home and I'm at work right now; I think you should file harassment charges against him.

Yeah, exactly. I feel that people may have thought he sounded weak based off of the early recordings of the concert that emerged with really lackluster audio quality. However, in better recordings he sounds just fine, at least at the beginning.

true, he sounds less worse now

It's part of the game actually, as discussion boards like this are somehow being surpassed by other social media outlets like Facebook, where people engage more directly with each other and create their own network of friendships and connections, so a lot of them probably don't feel the need to replicate discussions they're already having in other places.

I use Facebook since 2009 and i never felt it did any of these things. People seem to 'like' stuff on a whim, post weird conspiracy nonsense, sign up for up to 50 parties a week while showing up on none, post videos and more videos and seldom contribute anything above 50 words. Forums may be in decline but that's not because of FB but for the simple fact that attention spans get shorter and shorter.

This place is the only one where i can force myself from time to time to actually editorialize on stuff i like or don't like with at least 3 or 4 people reading it. On FB that would look...desperate.

Excellent development, I seriously hope the JeHahdi terrorist sees the FSM thread and posts an extremely angry bitchfit about how awful he thinks JWFan is. He only ever posts and interjects in threads so he can attack other people instead of actually discussing topics, but since he sucks up and kisses the boils on the asses of Kendall and Sones, he won't ever get banned for his shitty behavior regardless of how many times he breaks the "be nice to each other" rule like he's a William Devane trope. Respect should be earned from your peers, not granted to you solely because of how much you bitch about everyone else and ragequit like Jeremy Irons at the end of the Dungeons and Dragons movie, and he has never earned the respect of anyone with a functioning intelligence quotient in their brain (like me! and pretty much everyone here at JWFan). His constant anger at everyone and everything should have gotten him banned years ago so he could finally turn off the computer, go outside, get a life, and the internet would no longer be polluted with his toxic presence, and yet FSM keeps enabling him.

He needs to erase his self-serving inscription from the guest book at the Anne Frank museum, as well as issue a long overdue apology to Christian Clemmensen for attacking his family. He is probably the top-ignored FSM poster at this point:

I think it's rather sad and pitiful that he lashes out this way at everybody, but I think it's mostly a case of sexual frustration on his part. He can't get any girls to bang him (despite how much he likes to talk about getting some; he's so insecure with his masculinity his buddies will reject him if they know the truth that he never lost his virginity), precisely because he lives on Doritos alone in an apartment with stacks of CDs to the ceiling, so he has masturbation jackoff sessions whenever a new Joe Kraemer CD comes out (which isn't very frequently). With MI: Rogue Nation released though, he'll have another title coming to his door and once again he can stick his tiny penis into the hole of the CD, thrust back and forth and back and forth, and explode his seminal fluid while wearing a fursuit and yiffing his way to kingdom come.

The inevitable day will come when Gillian Anderson passes away though and he will get so angry he'll burst the blood vessel in his temple that always bursts open and take it out on the world yet again, as he usually does. And then he'll just fantasize about having (but he'll never get any) sex with Cvalda / MKRUltra instead, as his backup X-Files go to female. One of these days he's going to have a stroke from being so angry and I worry that he won't seek proper medical attention and therapy treatment before it's too late.

By the way Thor, he mentioned on his Tweeter thing once (he's posting on there every single day, whoring himself out, crying for attention) that he would punch you in the face if he ever saw you in person. I have a screencap of it but it's at home and I'm at work right now; I think you should file harassment charges against him.

Well, that was an instructive post.

I feel that people may have thought he sounded weak based off of the early recordings of the concert that emerged with really lackluster audio quality. However, in better recordings he sounds just fine.

I have to disagree... If anything, the higher quality makes the weakness of his voice even more apparent.

On a related note, Williams' friend Gustavo Dudamel cancelled a few performances recently for the same reason as Williams (and he's only 34).

I agree that he doesn't look or sound fully 100% in that intro but I'm also not sure it's a sign of something really serious -- well, more serious than aging -- given what little we know. Obviously something's been going on, but he did cut out transcontinental flights years ago...giving up conducting and all air travel could simply be the natural extension of that now that he's 10 years older and his back's gotten more sensitive. Maybe he's just come to the point where those things in particular are too stressful for him, but other than that he's okay. For now, I'll just wait until he starts doing promotion for Force Awakens. At least then we'll have longer interviews that will give us a little more of a sense of what kind of shape he's in, for good or bad. If he gives no interviews, then I will legitimately be very worried.

I don't think speculation is too intrusive by the way. Putting aside the music, this is a very real man who chose to live a relatively public life, a personality we've all grown up with and love dearly. There's a limit, of course, but while we certainly don't have a right AT ALL to know what's going on, we do have a right to be concerned.

This type of shit belongs on FSM. Please keep it there.

I've met Thor and he's a kind and interesting person to chat with. As for Maurizio, despite your disconnect with this place I'm glad you still stick around, as your posts are always well thought out and insightful.

I agree that he doesn't look or sound fully 100% in that intro but I'm also not sure it's a sign of something really serious -- well, more serious than aging -- given what little we know. Obviously something's been going on, but he did cut out transcontinental flights years ago...giving up conducting and all air travel could simply be the natural extension of that now that he's 10 years older and his back's gotten more sensitive. Maybe he's just come to the point where those things in particular are too stressful for him, but other than that he's okay. For now, I'll just wait until he starts doing promotion for Force Awakens. At least then we'll have longer interviews that will give us a little more of a sense of what kind of shape he's in, for good or bad. If he gives no interviews, then I will legitimately be very worried.

I don't think speculation is too intrusive by the way. Putting aside the music, this is a very real man who chose to live a relatively public life, a personality we've all grown up with and love dearly. There's a limit, of course, but while we certainly don't have a right AT ALL to know what's going on, we do have a right to be concerned.

Agree 100%. Thanks, mrbellamy!

And thank you Koray for your nice words :)

Well, that was an instructive post.

No kidding. I always love flaming posts denouncing flaming posters.

I've met Thor and he's a kind and interesting person to chat with. As for Maurizio, despite your disconnect with this place I'm glad you still stick around, as your posts are always well thought out and insightful.

He was talking about Thor?! He referred to him as a "terrorist," fercryinoutloud? Gimme just a small break.