The Force Awakens at Comic Con - Williams introduces special concert

Balahkay

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/star-wars-comic-con-panel

Trailer (and presumably more Williams music) expected this fall.

Almost 5 months before the film's release and I really haven't seen much promotion. I guess we'll see more when the toys are released and the trailer is debuted.

Supposedly, there'll be some behind the scenes footage from the movie at SDCC. If that's so, then new score is practically guaranteed. Though the idiotically rigid rules of the convention will probably prohibit it from being released publicly.

Supposedly, there'll be some behind the scenes footage from the movie at SDCC. If that's so, then new score is practically guaranteed. Though the idiotically rigid rules of the convention will probably prohibit it from being released publicly.

That would be cool. Maybe it would leak out.

Disney might just be waiting for the summer movie season to settle down before spending money to promote a December release. Once kids are back in school, they'll be pushing The Good Dinosaur and The Force Awakens mightily, don't you worry

Regardless of what we get from SW7, I'll give clips a listen and make a decision from there. Heresay and speculation never really move me until I actually hear it.

Big blockbusters are promoted way too far in advance these days anyway. No reason we should have a teaser and two trailers by July for a December release. Oversaturation is annoying.

Same reason I completely avoided Avengers 2 stuff after the first main trailer. Didn't watch a single TV spot or trailer after that.

I think research shows that, in general, people like spoilers and sneak previews of a film before they see it. It enhances the enjoyment for some.

I'm still debating whether I will listen to the score before I see the film. I listened to AOTC and ROTS before I saw them.

Yeah, it's kind of a toss-up for me. I could hold off on buying the album until after but if there's an official stream, I don't think I'd be able to resist that staring me in the face.

I kind of want to avoid samples, but I'll probably at least end up listening to the ones that everyone's getting the most excited about. And if Disney puts any individual tracks out there or there's new music with the trailers, I'll listen to those of course.

I can't wait for samples or any nugget of new music

I'm surprised by the total lack of info on the recording sessions lately

When have we ever gotten detailed info about JW recording sessions?

We didn't even know about The Book Thief till it was already recorded.

When have we ever gotten detailed info about JW recording sessions?

We didn't even know about The Book Thief till it was already recorded.

Also Tintin wasn't too much clamored during its recording period.

As I said earlier, I have a pretty good feeling that we'll hear a new cue or at least have a couple clips of the recording sessions at Comic-Con. Especially with the "behind the scenes" clips they're supposed to unveil.

I will wait to see the movie before hearing the score, as I always do. I need to have the right images to link with the music! That's no concert music after all, that's film music.

Somehow I doubt Williams would go through the trouble of recording a short introduction video of existing material if he was really ill. But what do I know. I thought he sounded fine especially considering his age.

You all sound a bit paranoid to me. It was a video of a video of JW who was probably reading off an autocue, that's probably why he doesn't sound "normal".

Since 2005 we've had videos of him from years ago where he sounded "weak" and we thought he was ill

anyways maybe he's tired from the Episode 7 scoring process

Not to shift focus unnecessarily onto the, you know, music, but...io9's report says they played "The Asteroid Field." Is that possible? I've never heard of that being played live, but I guess I have a new bucket list item now...

http://io9.com/star-wars-just-pulled-off-the-ultimate-comic-con-mike-d-1717179143?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Since 2005 we've had videos of him from years ago where he sounded "weak" and we thought he was ill

This is the first time I have that feeling.

Comparing Williams' voice/energy in his introduction to the video announcing him as the Episide VII's composer, he does sound a bit tired. Hopefully, it only because he's been "hard at work".

While we're discussing Williams' health and advancing age, at 0:27 of the longer/higher-quality video, you can hear someone say "I feel like he hasn't aged at all."

Does anyone recognise the piano music at the start of the new behind-the-scenes video?

Is it the same as music in the Vanity Fair video a few months back?

Has anyone deduced the origin of the piano music in the Vanity Fair preview video though?

I remember some speculating it may be early Williams material.