Will Tintin turn out to be a better score than War Horse?

TheUlyssesian

I'm sorry. The old material feels awkward and disjointed. The new themes are overwrought, grasping for our attention so much that I feel the need to recoil from them. Most of the underscore appears to have been written during lunch break. And re-using No Ticket is just lazy.

:yes::up:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. The old material feels awkward and disjointed. The new themes are overwrought, grasping for our attention so much that I feel the need to recoil from them. Most of the underscore appears to have been written during lunch break. And re-using No Ticket is just lazy.

Yep, Williams was lazy. But he's not stupid, that Gilderoy Lockhart theme fits exactly with the character.

JW thought process:

Requirements for Gilderoy Lockhart music: Show off, style over substance, ornamented, pompous, lack of ability.

I know I'll reuse the harry potter theme - put it into a more rigid march-like 4/4 time signature structure.

Lockhart is ornamented so add lots of trills and a few off notes here and there. Also a harpsichord suggesting old fashioned.