Your favorite John Williams score of the 2000's? CONCLUDED

Your favorite John Williams score of the 2000's?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite John Williams score of the 2000's?

• The Patriot
    • A.I. Artificial Intelligence
    • Harry Potter And The Philosophers/Sorcerer's Stone
    • Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones
    • Minority Report
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
    • The Terminal
    • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith
    • War Of The Worlds
    • Memoirs Of A Geisha
    • Munich
    • Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
    • Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets (John Williams/Williams Ross)

I find Geisha to be too disjointed for me.

I kinda feel that as a score, it has basically very little musical continuity. Am I way off base?

It definitely pales in comparison to Angela's Ashes in terms of listening flow.

I actually think Geisha is a better listening experience. Angela's Ashes is too repetitive for my tastes.

But Geisha is too choppy and inconsistent, and what you call repetition I call a consistent tone and flow.

AI is a superb dust collector. It's only function. The film is total shit. Probably the worst acting of any Spielberg film.

Silly man.

Heh.

Look, I like A.I., but I can admit that it might be a guilty pleasure. It's kind of fucking terrible, isn't it?

Marian: let me help you to make up your mind: POA!

Piece of Ass?

I think he means Philosopher of Azkaban, because Rowling used the UK English word for... Now wait a minute...

AI is a superb dust collector. It's only function. The film is total shit. Probably the worst acting of any Spielberg film.

Silly man.

Heh.

Look, I like A.I., but I can admit that it might be a guilty pleasure. It's kind of fucking terrible, isn't it?

You titanic twat!

He wrote some great stuff in the 60s. And the winner wouldn't be as predictable as the 70s - 2010s, even if it wouldn't stand a chance in the run-off poll.

You know, I think Chamber of Secrets would be my vote for the 2000s actually. The new themes in that score are all sublime and a lot of the action writing and other score cues are just top notch.

Stefan not including it for a jokey reason is very silly. I'd like to see it added to the poll so I can vote for it.

We know from the sheet music leak that JW wrote 100% of the score.

Home Alone 2 wasn't on the 90s poll? That's equally lame, I agree. In fact many people prefer the second score over the first.

Home Alone 2 wasn't on the 90s poll? That's equally lame, I agree. In fact many people prefer the second score over the first.

I guess it was left out because a good portion of segments were adapted from material in the first film. However, there was a lot of new material including a new song. I still would have liked to hear Williams "sequelfy" the "Setting the Trap" cue instead of adapting it to fit the montage.

I guess it was left out because a good portion of segments were adapted from material in the first film. However, there was a lot of new material including a new song. I still would have liked to hear Williams "sequelfy" the "Setting the Trap" cue instead of adapting it to fit the montage.

I few cues were adapted, but most of those were significantly updated. And there's a shitload of great original stuff in the score.

IF CoS is added, then Home Alone 2 should be added to the 1990s poll. Although, I guess it doesn't matter since the poll is over.

What the fuck are you on about?

Home Alone 2 has always been in the 90's poll! And the 90's poll hasnt been closed yet.

FAIL!

Jason, why not bother checking first before criticizing me!

FAIL!

CoS was left out because it is NOT a 100 % John Williams score.

The original reports claimed JW scored 45 or 40 minutes.

I have no doubt he did more then that. But i doubt Ross didnt do anything at all.

CoS is closer to Superman 4 then Home Alone 2 in my opinion.

Sorry, you are unequivocally wrong.

We've seen the sketches for COS, with all cues in Williams handwriting.

Old theories have been disproven by new evidence.

You are the one who have failed!