Does this look kinda cool?

King Mark

I think the SL cover is much more fitting to the overall milieu you're going for. It was, after all, the last score he won an Oscar for, and still considered by many to be one of his finest works.

That's because that's the UK/international version that has "Philosopher's Stone" on the cover, too.

Yours is the US version, a.k.a Potter for dummies who don't know what the Philosopher's Stone is.

7079_417510.jpg

HP1-UK.jpg

But if the content is the same, it's an incorrect label. All the music is from the film, not inspired by. Though I guess technically it is inspired by the film, but that phrase usually means there's stuff in the album not in the film.

But if the content is the same, it's an incorrect label. All the music is from the film, not inspired by.

Wrong, the OST contains pieces of the Children's Suite and the Coke Commercial, in addition to film cues.

But if the content is the same, it's an incorrect label. All the music is from the film, not inspired by. Though I guess technically it is inspired by the film, but that phrase usually means there's stuff in the album not in the film.

There is. There are some bits from The Children's Suite, which was not from but inspired by the film. Once again, the international version is more correct than its US counterpart!

Exactly.

Though I guess technically it is inspired by the film, but that phrase usually means there's stuff in the album not in the film.

You make an interesting point, though. All film music is inspired by the film—among other things, no doubt. Should we insist on full disclosure? I think soundtrack albums should have labels that say things like, "MUSIC INSPIRED BY THE MOTION PICTURE, AND AN EVENING WALK ALONG THE THAMES, AND A BIT OF QUALITY CANNIBIS, AND THE COMPOSER'S DESIRE NOT TO GET FIRED. AGAIN."

Trying to impress the sea of ladies coming into your apartment KM?

It's the last thing they see before the chloroform soaked rag knocks them out....

hah! nice Tintin reference....

KM superman's is not square, therefore some of it (most than any other cover there) is underneath. I think the original would be better there, or use the actual cd cover and not the dust jacket or booklet.... and all your other soundtracks have the original ost art...

Trying to impress the sea of ladies coming into your apartment KM?

It's the last thing they see before the chloroform soaked rag knocks them out....

hah! nice Tintin reference....

KM superman's is not square, therefore some of it (most than any other cover there) is underneath. I think the original would be better there, or use the actual cd cover and not the dust jacket or booklet.... and all your other soundtracks have the original ost art...

Well, even with the original the MAN would be covered. But what I like about the Rhino it has the "S" emblem so who cares. It's clear it's Superman

OST!

If I flip the cover I have the S logo only, and the actual movie poster is like this with the logo only

http://www.moviepostershop.com/superman-the-movie-movie-poster-1978/EH7197

But all my other covers have the titles in letters so it looked a bit off

Maybe you could take advantage of the Harry Potter and Jaws black borders by moving them to the right side of the display. You could then cover their borders by the covers that fill the pages (Close Encounters, Schindler's List).

And I stand by my opinion that the CD makes the display look unprofessional and awkward.

It's the only way I could think of that it's about John Williams (in an obvious fashion)

Everyone else seems to like the disk

If I put HP and Jaws to the right, then SL is too covered up

Unless I find an insert showing JW conducting I could put it in the center

OST!

If I flip the cover I have the S logo only, and the actual movie poster is like this with the logo only

http://www.moviepostershop.com/superman-the-movie-movie-poster-1978/EH7197

But all my other covers have the titles in letters so it looked a bit off

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! bowdown

Harry Potter's headlining is wrong (it's one of Williams' lesser franchises) and Close Encounters being almost entirely obscured is bad if you ask me. It looks messy.

Also, from afar it looks like the Jaws font and the Potter image are a part of some kind of strange bastard of a crossover movie.

Well, it's kind of meant as a "montage" where things overlap. All the covers are leveled though and I did my best to place them in the best way possible.

But I'll probably get tired of seeing it in 2 weeks anyways. I was kind of just messing around and I had that idea while taking a walk .That frame is meant to hold a LP. At first I was just going to buy a used copy of the Jaws OST LP and stick it in there

It looks kinda cool, but honestly, the overlapping bothers my OCD. You could find high res images of these online and photoshop them such that there'd be better alignment. Then get it professionally printed. You could even scan the CD and add that too. Then your booklets could go back in their cases. Don't your CDs feel naked without them?

Rhino or OSTSuperman?

OST. I like the Rhino cover, but the others are all OSTs, so it fits with the "classic" look better.

And for the record . . . I like the disc.

Schindler's List is a more iconic cover.

Er...wht's iconic about the little girl in the red coat dying? Tragic, more like.

And that picture on the disk is actually one of the best pics of JW

K.M.Standing by his creative decision

If you fancy a "variation on a theme", check-out the cover of Cinefantastique with Richard Donner. It's...er...fantastic.

Schindler's List is a more iconic cover.

Er...wht's iconic about the little girl in the red coat dying? Tragic, more like.

The fact that you mentioned that, and everyone reading it knew exactly what you were referring to, proves it's iconic, yes?

And the cover, like the movie poster it reflects, is iconic. Spielberg's and Williams' last Oscars. One of the best films of the last quarter century. I think "iconic" is a fitting descriptor.

• 2 weeks later...