Headphones

bob23

Grado's suck for score's but they're great for rock/metal. They're way too metallic and close.

I use them on my PC..I like them. I like close sound I guess

For in ear monitors...I don't know, I don't like sticking things inside my ear canal.

I prefer canal phones..because they drown out outside noise

JVC HA-FXC50 are also good .You don't stick them as far in your ear as Shures but they have a similar microdriver and sound about the same .They are also much more discreet and comfortable to wear. I've actually been using that with my ipod for the past 2 months

Only headphones I use are my Apple earbuds. Hardly listen to my iPod anymore now that I don't have 20 minute bus rides to school anymore. Most of my music listening is on my laptop or in my car, which has no means of playing my iPod.

Yep, they're great.

Their treble/mid range is pretty good for default headphones, but their bass is incredible weak. When there's background noise (e.g. a car engine) I can hardly even hear the bass, which tends to be the harmonic foundation of music.

I just bought some $50 Sony earbuds, noise canceling ear canal style. They feel a little weird, but then they're great for blocking out the sounds of my roommate and his girlfriend... being fond of each other.

While you're in the room?! When I was in college there was an accepted protocol. The least they could do is kick you out or leave a rubber band on the doorknob. Or do you need to invest in blinders as well?

While you're in the room?! When I was in college there was an accepted protocol. The least they could do is kick you out or leave a rubber band on the doorknob. Or do you need to invest in blinders as well?

Haha, oh man. I haven't been sexiled yet, if that's what you mean. They don't go that far when I'm around.

If you guys really want a good pair of noise canceling headphones that sound great over all get the Sony MDR-V600's. They are the best headphones I've ever owned and they cancel out noise really well. My parents have had to bang on the wall just to get my attention when I'm listening to music through those. Ya they're big and they may not be ideal for going out in public but they're great for home use.

For earbuds these are the kind that Erik Woods recommended me and I got them and they are by far the best earbuds I've owned.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX51LP-Font...s/dp/B000095SB6

The earbuds? I've had them for about I believe four months now. The only thing that's happened to them is the plastic piece for the left ear cord has broken a bit but the wires are okay. The wires haven't turned mushy at all. The Sony MDR-V600's I've had for over a year now and these last a long time.

Ridiculous.

You have a perfectly fine pair of headphones that reportedly produce pretty good sound, yet you choose to listen to your music over a pair of laptop speakers?!

Plug those headphones into your laptop ASAP!

Ridiculous.

You have a perfectly fine pair of headphones that reportedly produce pretty good sound, yet you choose to listen to your music over a pair of laptop speakers?!

Plug those headphones into your laptop ASAP!

Ridiculous indeed. I'd plug my MDR-V600's into my pc speakers all the time since so I don't annoy my parents with my music. I'd also plug them into my laptop too.

you guys have luck with Sony products, every sony product I've bought is junk.

That's weird that happens to you.

Edit: Wojo, I've got a Sony Cybershot but ya my next camera won't be a Sony probably will be a Canon Rebel.

I'm thinking Canon or Nikon. I've got an underwater case for my camera, which is the main reason I'm holding onto it, if only to keep it safe in the rain and snow. But it's five years old, 3x optical zoom, and 4.1 MP. I need an SLR with a huge long range optical zoom.

Uhm... no.

Kinda. Why listen to your earbuds while driving if the radio is right there? Why listen on headphones if the speakers are right there? I know what it sounds like on the headphones, it's not like the second I plug them in I'm gonna be stunned by the sound quality.

I'm thinking Canon or Nikon. I've got an underwater case for my camera, which is the main reason I'm holding onto it, if only to keep it safe in the rain and snow. But it's five years old, 3x optical zoom, and 4.1 MP. I need an SLR with a huge long range optical zoom.

no, you need an SLR and a bunch of lenses covering a good range of focal lengths. :D All in one lenses with huge ranges arent very good optically.

Burga - a Nikon guy

you guys have luck with Sony products, every sony product I've bought is junk.

That's weird that happens to you.

Edit: Wojo, I've got a Sony Cybershot but ya my next camera won't be a Sony probably will be a Canon Rebel.

everything I've ever owned that had sony turned out to be junk.

I've had better luck with other brands. Course I never had any sony headphones.

After a crap sony cd player and dvd player, and walkman, I gave up on them.

I have a Canon EOS Rebel. I've had it for 16 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

:D

That's kinda like saying, listen to your iPod while driving, instead of using the radio.

I listen to my iPod while driving.

You're driving in front of me from now on.

don't you mean behind you? do you really want to have him crash in front of you.

It's true that Sony products are a pain in the ass to use....especially their MP3 players with SonicStage software and ATRAC files..

I tried one before my ipod. They would actually add DRM on MY OWN MP3's before loading them into the player (not only did it take forever,but it's just wrong) . And it sounded like crap with max volume waaay too low (about 1/3 the max volume of ipods...not enough to drive most earphones).I'm sure they improved since then but it left a really bad impression.

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't really answer your question per se, but the Shures I got recently are now hte same price as the Sennheisers in the link you posted. And they are good.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-I2C-M-Stereo-M...8602&sr=1-1