BloodBoal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18.11.2015 at 9:45 AM, TheGreyPilgrim said:

This is an excellent show. Potentially the best thing to come out of the Marvelverse.

No idea what this is but if it's got a McCreary score i will say i had some fun with it on Spotify recently. Surprisingly vigorous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They really sold that death scene there!  And I'm sorry to see Brett Dalton go as well, the guy rocks, however hateful his characters are.  Excellent finale, and once again things can go in a very fresh direction in the fall.  The show continues to be my favorite Marvel property.

Lincoln was the perfect character to kill because the death had an affect on the main character, but he was completely boring and useless and needed to go away forever.

"Ward's" death would have been more effective if it had actually been Ward.  I know he had a death scene midseason, but the idea that Hive was wearing Ward's face just seemed like a way to keep Dalton around for longer.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, TheWhiteRider said:

Marvel will cut off their most appealing limb if they get rid of this show!

Damn, you're making this sound inevitable now!

While there has, I think, been an overall improvement in Agents of SHIELD since day one, there hasn't been a lot of FUN.  Fitz and Simmons used to shoulder a lot of it, but after Simmons went off to Planet Hive, their storyline has been more "tortured."  Bobbi and whatshisface's flirtation kept it light, but they disappeared too.  Two seasons ago, the serious Inhumans plotline dragged a bit (despite Kyle McLachlan's best efforts to really bring the kooky).  The whole last season and especially the back half, everyone was driven by revenge and anger and the straits were all dire and nobody was really having fun.  Hopefully with the time jump (and culling Lincoln and Ward/Hive, two of the more "serious" characters) at the end of last season, things can breathe a little more.

And Pieter is right - I understand budgets etc etc, but seriously if your show has a flying car you better be using that dang thing ten times a season.

• 8 months later...

Hey has anyone watched the latest episodes of Agents of Shield? The whole framework/aida storyline has been the best in the whole series IMO! 

8 hours ago, Mr. Who said:

Hey has anyone watched the latest episodes of Agents of Shield? The whole framework/aida storyline has been the best in the whole series IMO! 

I'm watching! It's indeed being better than I originally expected it to be.

I'm still waiting for them to bring the flying car back.

And maybe have a team take care of a "villain of the week" again.

It feels like that has been quite a while back.

I'm also watching - the first half of the current season felt a bit weird and tonally disconnected from what came before, but that could be because the first three seasons felt somewhat concluded arcwise at that point. However, the recent arc really got things going at a mighty pace and, despite the "virtual" world much of it is set in, upped the stakes by making it personal again. The watchdogs never felt really fleshed out as villains for me, which had a negative impact on the first half of the season...