BloodBoal

It was not good enough for them to steal half the title of this film: they also felt the need to steal half its music. I find that despicable.

Well I guess, we'll know the title of the sequel, eh? The other half!

Of course it is jollier! It is animation after all and they are stealing cakes for heaven's sake!

Stealing cakes was no funny matter back in the days. If you were caught, you would lose a hand. And if you were the one who was being robbed, it meant certain death for you, since you wouldn't have enough food to last the whole winter.

You'd better off stealing the goats, the cows, or the women.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music in that scene was nice. It's a bit concerning though that Pixar is really cranking out the movies fast now. They have always been known for their quality, and Cars 2 was a very dangerous step near the edge.

Give the man a chance BloodBoal. Don't lambast the Scot just yet.

• 10 months later...

i wish they would stop giving every pixar movie a sequel. Only the Toy Story series lends itself to continuing adventures.

Yes, exactly. It was an enjoyable film, but no need for a sequel here. Animation is the kind of area where there is no need for this kind of thing anyway, as you can do pretty much anything you want. I'm sure there are plenty of good scripts floating around.

Karol

i wish they would stop giving every pixar movie a sequel. Only the Toy Story series lends itself to continuing adventures.

Or The Incredibles, but that's it. I really wish Brad Bird would allow others to be made without him.

Hmmm that's true, The Incredibles would lend itself to good sequels as well.

But really - Cars, Monsters U, Finding Nemo, Brave - these should not be sequelized!

The way I figure it, any film where the world itself is interesting (or the characters truly very unique and interesting even in a new story), could generate a worthy sequel.

But any film where the world is just there for the sake of the story being told wouldn't work so well.

Cars does provide an interesting and unique world that could be used for interesting other stories.

Monsters Inc. I'm not sure about; that world seemed to have run its course within just the one movie.

"Finding Nemo" is set in "the ocean" which is a vastly huge world to be sure, but nothing unique so there's no need for a sequel.

Same with "Ancient Scotland with some magic thrown in". Don't see anything overly interesting there either.

Ah, Mark Andrews is just talking about it now. How on earth do you make a sequel to Brave that isn't a cash-in or rehashing the same thing as the first? The last thing I want to see in a hypothetical Brave sequel is seeing Merida getting married off to someone or having her mom turn into an animal again.