The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I'm probably more interested in this than any other Marvel movie, save perhaps Captain Marvel.

Because of the comic? Because of Sherlock? Or a bit of both?

Alex

Never seen Sherlock, but the character's powers are so bizarre that it has the chance to be an interesting addition to the MCU.

Unless they somehow genericize it, in which case it'll be the biggest misfire they've had so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Great music!

It can go either way. Guess I'm glad this feels more like The Winter Soldier 2, rather than Avengers 2.5. But it also might be terribly underwhelming, given all the stuff they put in this. Civil War comic book storyline was a much bigger thing (additionally involving Fantastic Four, X-Men and even Daredevil and Punisher).

I'm not terribly excited after watching it.

Karol

They could kill someone and then use the actor for flashbacks/ghosts/shapeshifters. Is it impossible that they could "confirm" actors for a sequel just to keep their deaths a secret?

I have had a quickly fading interest in these films. I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy for its colorful splashy space opera/superhero combinations but somehow the Earth bound adventures tend to be stuck with the modern "Do we need superheroes?", "Superheroes VS modern tech society" and "Superheroes VS other superheroes" rut.

After the Infinity Saga there isn't much to talk about. It is a ridiculously over the top universe spanning battle that can't possibly topped by anything.

I'm actually excited that it feels like Winter Soldier (nifty choreography included) but the only thing that spoils it for me is the presence of Iron Man.

Alex

the only thing that spoils it for me is the presence of Iron Man.

Alex

I am assuming you fear yet more big city destruction?

It ain't a good Marvel movie unless at least 4 city blocks are destroyed!

Wait until the Infinity War saga Alex. That's when the true superhero fun begins!

Surprisingly not but the storyline is so megalomaniacal in scope it renders any further superhero films obsolete in my mind. You can't get any bigger.

Surprisingly not but the storyline is so megalomaniacal in scope it renders any further superhero films obsolete in my mind. You can't get any bigger.

And it's also very thin. And can't imagine that being very compelling on screen.

Karol

Well, the Ant-Man DVD has absolutely no special features. What's next, Disney? Cutting parts out of the film on the DVD version to co-erce us into buying the blu-ray version?