Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

He is wise in the ways of Middle Earth. Nature does his bidding and he is one with it.

Oh not that old argument... it totally fits! It's a general "force of good" theme, that can apply to Nature or anyone that's being really good!

Yeah, I'm not sure why people still argue over this. The move to broaden its definition was brilliant. It works as a great "good guys" theme.

Oh not that old argument... it totally fits! It's a general "force of good" theme, that can apply to Nature or anyone that's being really good!

Yeah, I'm not sure why people still argue over this. The move to broaden its definition was brilliant. It works as a great "good guys" theme.

Yeah. Like the Rebel's March, only without the brassy fanfare and lush strings.

Yeah. Like the Rebel's March.

You are talking about Rebel Fanfare from Star Wars?

Yeah. Like the Rebel's March.

You are talking about Rebel Fanfare from Star Wars?

Yes. But without the brassy fanfare and lush strings.

how much music of the "ethereal" variety does there seem to be here?

The film is called "BATTLE of the Five Armies".

So, mostly just the Dol Guldur stuff, and the stuff surrounding Tauriel, and the other elves.

Much better.

But that fake-sounding choral vowel @ 3:25. :pat:

I know, I have horrible samples :( its difficult to get a midi soundfont choir to say Nahhh-rooooose. ;)

I know, I have horrible samples :( its difficult to get a midi soundfont choir to say Nahhh-rooooose. ;)

If ever you can afford it, you should go for EWQL Symphonic Virtual Choir. They're built-in Word Builder program is spectacular for such phrases.

The Reclamation Of Nature theme for the arrival of the Rohirrim during the battle of the Pelennor Fields, and even that doesn't bother me, as it can be seen as a "Eucatastrophe" theme.

Plus it sounds so awesome! :rock:

Indeed!

Yea. I doubt it was ever Shore's intention, but it works.

I like totally think it is like his own intention. He is just that deep man. Where you see horses he sees like subtext or deeper message or something.

I think they probably decided to use the Reclamation of Nature theme for the Rohirrim in ROTK after they tracked the statement of that theme from The Last March Of The Ents in the Forth Eorlingas scene in TTT.

Duh.

how much music of the "ethereal" variety does there seem to be here?

The film is called "BATTLE of the Five Armies".

So, mostly just the Dol Guldur stuff, and the stuff surrounding Tauriel, and the other elves.

Much better.

But that fake-sounding choral vowel @ 3:25. :pat:

Oh shit, I forgot ...!

So going by samples/what they played in the premiere video, how much music of the "ethereal" variety does there seem to be here?

And Smaug's

death

Hard to tell. There are a lot of lovely choral moments I think, but we'll have to see how "ethereal" things can get.

Just listened to the full "Courage and Wisdom" with headphones on giving it full attention. Lovely Tauriel and Kili setting at the end! A fan of the plucked strings.

Thorin's Pride / Thranduil's Theme / Whatever is a nice setting too. Seems like it flows right into Thorin's theme?

Fellowship cameo is alright. I hope it isn't cheesy in the film.

Wow, cor anglais (?) Woodland Realm is fantastic!

Woah, Tauriel theme after that is amazing!

And now I'm listening to the full "Sons of Durin"

Well, the earlier samples already had the best part of the track for sure. But the new stuff at the end: Awesome heroic Erebor theme! :rock:

Then awesome heroic Thorin's Theme! :rock:

Warg Riders theme sounds really weird, BUT I hope it's just due to the terrible sound quality of the soundcloud file. Damn.

Is this really the way the track ends? Odd.

4:15 in the broadcast. Right after the heroic statement Thorin's theme.

It also appears in the 30 second sample of "The Darkest Hour".

Know exactly what you're talking about

It's alright

Yup, probably for the trolls

Timestamp in Sons of Durin isolated out of hte soundcloud file as it's own track is 3:39 btw

Yeah, I tried that yesterday and it wouldn't play for me either.

I'm guessing that's where we'd get the clean versions of those two cues.

Hmmm yea that plays for me too. Maybe they took down the radio show stream after making the page for some reason.

The album comes out in four days. Might as well wait till then.

Karol

No, nay, never, no, nay, never no more, will I play the BOFA previews, no never, no more!

Karol

Five/six

Look to the coming of the soundtrack on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the west.

Karol

Five/six
Nah, it will be here Monday.

Karol

You must only be counting Thursday thru Sunday then.