Schindler's List 4CD Recording Sessions

tharpdevenport

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would be most interested to know too where can we find such a thing.

Did you actually click into "This Just In..." before typing that?

hm youseem to be quiet the friendliest one arround here. how is anyone supposed to know where to look at that page...when you dont give some details...

My question is: How do I get a copy of that one?

I would really, really like to hear this too...

(He also has this:

http://www.majestyx.com/discinfo/jw-30aug99.txt

supposedly off the radio. Is this choirless version of Duel of the Fates good quality? I didn't know one existed.)

I also have it, and isn't in such a wonderful quality... It was back in late 1999, early 2000, available on a website for download. The opening track missed the first 30 seconds or so...

A 2 cd of ALIENS... All my wet dreams have cum through. I want it NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

My question is: How do I get a copy of that one?

I would really, really like to hear this too...

(He also has this:

http://www.majestyx.com/discinfo/jw-30aug99.txt

supposedly off the radio. Is this choirless version of Duel of the Fates good quality? I didn't know one existed.)

That's the concert arrangement with no choir.

Of course I'm interested, but I'm really hopeful for their recorded versions of Gloomy Sunday and the Tango Por Una Cabeza

So, I'm still wondering...how does this site work? Will I need to change my name/appearance once I've obtained one of these items?

As much as I love Williams 4 hours of SL would cause me to take my own life.

As far as Majestyx goes he is a good trader, although it's been probably 8 years since I dealt with him.

Needless to say he has a ton of stuff.

Most of it must be re-takes, as I doubt Williams wrote more than 4 hours of music for Schindler's List.

It's a lengthy movie indeed, and JW regularly writes 3 hours of music for a movie (as he stated somewhere), so it could be real.

I am very interested in this one, especially alternate takes of the solo violin cues.

Possibly, but since its very long movie, maybe Williams scored alot but latter they dropped music because it was better without it..

Good sig btw :)

As much as I love Williams 4 hours of SL would cause me to take my own life.

Yeah, me too. I wonder if Johnny broke down at the end of it all, and sobbed - "I could have done more :) "

I'm not sure I could listen to all of it,but it;s interesting that such a boot would exist.Makes you wonder if traded Harry Potter recording sessions exist.

I find it quite natural that some four hours of recorded music exists. Several takes for each cue make it easy to reach such amount of music.

And as much repetitive that may be, it would be a great way to get into Williams process of recording a score.

And to who pointed out the source music, yes, some of it was arranged and recorded for the film, so chances are they are on the "recording sessions tapes".

I'm not sure I could listen to all of it,but it;s interesting that such a boot would exist.Makes you wonder if traded Harry Potter recording sessions exist.

AotC recording sessions would interest me more... anyone remember the glorious "massive outburst of theme" that was described by a participant, that was replaced with the imperial march and got lost in the infinities of Lucasfilm's archives?

• 2 weeks later...
John Williams

Schindler's List 4CDs (4 hours, 27 minutes)

Recording sessions with MANY re-takes, alternates and unused music with very good sound quality

Does anyone have the name and lenght of all the tracks recorded by John Williams? It can give an idea of the total music.

John Williams

Recording sessions with MANY re-takes, alternates and unused music with very good sound quality

Does anyone have the name and lenght of all the tracks recorded by John Williams? It can give an idea of the total music.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question...

It reads 4 hours, 27 minutes... that the total on those CDs.

From what I've been told, this has several takes of the cues as heard on the film... so if you know the film, you can get an idea from there.

John Williams

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question...

It reads 4 hours, 27 minutes... that the total on those CDs.

From what I've been told, this has several takes of the cues as heard on the film... so if you know the film, you can get an idea from there.

As there are music sheets from this score available (I don't have them), they must have a name for the tracks or some kind of code (1m3 tk 45 i.e.)

They should match with the cues of those sessions. In that case, it can be checked what's inside those 4CDs. That's what I was trying to mean

A 2 cd of ALIENS... All my wet dreams have cum through. I want it NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

That makes two of us ... :) Although, as I can see, I doubt there's any serious material on CD 1 that is not already on the Varese Sarabande's Deluxe Edition. But it would definitely be interesting to hear e. g. the extended Main Titles and the percussive Preparing for the Drop (written by Rabinowitz, if I remember correctly).

So I suppose nobody has these CDs or indeed any idea where and how can they be obtained? :lol:

Nobody even has this thing, right?

I do. Just got it. I only had enough time to listen to a track or two, but the sound quality sounds great and it definitely has a lot of re-takes and alternates.

I am not in front of my tracklist right now, but if anyone is interested, I'll post it when I get home.