If The Lost World gets a 20th Anniv. Release like Jurassic Park...

crumbs

That microedit from Rescuing Sarah / Truck Stop is the single most baffling edit I've ever heard in an OST. I just can't fathom his logic for it. Not only did he cut the best moment from the cue, he cut one of the best moments from the whole score that accompanies one of the film's most memorable moments. I absolutely love the bells that ring out the death knell for Eddie as the T-Rexes emerge from the treeline. It is an awesome score moment. My guess is that perhaps in his own humble way, there was something in that minute of music that he wasn't pleased with and maybe he felt he could have done a better job, hence the edit.

Thankfully the sfx from the DVD rip of that moment aren't too intrusive and I usually have a very low tolerance for sfx/dialog in DVD rips.

• 5 years later...
On 9/20/2013 at 6:44 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

I predict that "TLW" will never get a full and complete release, because it is neither a well-regarded film by SS, or considered an important score by JW.

This aged well.

On 9/20/2013 at 1:19 PM, crocodile said:

Hehe, not exactly. It won't get a 20th Anniversary type of release, no.

But it might get a LLL/Intrada type of treatment sometime. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one coming out.

Karol

So, were you not surprised when it came out?