My Piano Transcriptions

Oh, this is totally awesome! Welcome back!

To celebrate this wonderful occasion, I am sharing a few reductions I made myself. Of course theyre vastly inferior, but hey - Better try and fail than not try at all, hm?

They are from 'Jurassic Park', the film score that made me notice film music and motivated me to learn the piano and composition..... Boy, was I happy when I saw the official songbook for sale in a music shop! I never knew that something like that was available!!!!! And imagine my utter disappointment when (after begging my father to buy it for me!) it I opened it .... expecting the orchestral score for all cues of the movie, only to find piano sheet music. 'OK, it still is awesome to have piano arrangements of all the music from the movie' I thought naively.... Then I looked at the page numbers...... :eek: 'NOOOOOO!!', I thought but then I said to myself:' OK, at least you can now play the wonderful >To the Island< sequence as on the CD'.......... Aaaah! :o :o :blink::(:heartbreak::angry:ROTFLMAO

But now, after all those years I finally decided to make it myself. But you will need to own the official songbook (buy it, the transcriptions are few but very well done!) to play the complete sequence. So, without further boring babbling, here are:

Jurassic Park - Reel 1 Pt 1 'Incident at Isla Nublar'

Jurassic Park - Reel 1 Pt A - Opening Titles

Jurassic Park - Reel 2 Pt 3 - To the Island (Piano solo) (I am very unhappy with bar 113-119 but couldn't find a better solution)

Jurassic Park - Reel 3 Pt 2 - The Dinosaurs

I had more started but never had the time to finish them.....

Sendspace doesn't allow me to upload individual files, so here is a ZIP:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z9xrcb

Have fun and welcome back!!!

OK, at least you can now play the wonderful >To the Island< sequence as on the CD'.......... Aaaah! :o :o :blink::(:heartbreak::angry:ROTFLMAO

Jurassic Park - Reel 2 Pt 3 - To the Island (Piano solo) (I am very unhappy with bar 113-119 but couldn't find a better solution)

i know that feeling !! i had the same !! "where is the ^ù*$^ù*$^'"(('""éto the island sheet ? one if not the best moment of the soundtrack ? !! thank you very much for sharing this with us ! very nice to you !

would you accept to send me the sibelius file so i can make a lead sheet from your transcriptions and put the chords on it ? i want to record in the future (i'm waiting a weird surgery for my (awful for a pianist) arms and hands, but i want in the future to record a piano tribute to jurassic park. as i'm doing improvisation on alread existing music, i don't know if would accept to share the file you used to make the PDF. it woud save me a lot ot time (and my arms/hands too :) ) thanks to you anyway, beautiful gift !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody! I have news.

The Indiana Jones sheets are underway, as well as The Peterson House and Finale. When I have them finished, I'll post them :) It might be for some time, though - only until I find a site that will keep my links up for download permanently. SendSpace unfortunately doesn't do that :(

Also, I've been having some trouble lately accessing this site - right now, I was able to use a free, legal, and public proxy server at the moment. Otherwise, I can't access this site on any of my browsers or my Android phone. I've flushed my DNS cache. This site isn't blocked or restricted on my computer at all. Browser cookies are cleared, and I've restarted my devices and whatnot. No such luck, so I have no idea what the trouble is - can any of you possibly please help me with that??

By the way, I love the Jurassic Park transcriptions you've done, musicpete - spot on! Thanks very much; I look forward to trying these out one day!

Hey everybody! I have news. The Indiana Jones sheets are underway, as well as The Peterson House and Finale. When I have them finished, I'll post them :) It might be for some time, though - only until I find a site that will keep my links up for download permanently. SendSpace unfortunately doesn't do that :( Also, I've been having some trouble lately accessing this site - right now, I was able to use a free, legal, and public proxy server at the moment. Otherwise, I can't access this site on any of my browsers or my Android phone. I've flushed my DNS cache. This site isn't blocked or restricted on my computer at all. Browser cookies are cleared, and I've restarted my devices and whatnot. No such luck, so I have no idea what the trouble is - can any of you possibly please help me with that?? By the way, I love the Jurassic Park transcriptions you've done, musicpete - spot on! Thanks very much; I look forward to trying these out one day!

hi, depending on which country you live, maybe the site is in fact blocked.? i can't be of any help on this matter.

for stocking my sheets and sharing them, i use several ways. my own server (my website), there is Skydrive as well, google Drive, Amazon Drive, good to (but can go offline anytime, they have some trouble with america justice like everybody else), there is Mediafire.

Sorry, can't help with the technical issues.... I got out of the PC tech loop a few years ago out of frustration... I feel your pain!

By the way, I love the Jurassic Park transcriptions you've done, musicpete - spot on! Thanks very much; I look forward to trying these out one day!

Thanks a lot! Your words mean a lot to me, since I admire your work so much! But to be nitpickingly honest: Technically they are not transcriptions but score reductions. Even after about 20 years of trying and practicing I am still unable to produce a good transcription by ear. But if I get my hands on the score, I am sometimes able to make a decent score reduction for two or one pianos.

Looking forward achingly to the "Battle of Endor" transcription. :)

Its a transcription. Liszt transcribed beethovens symphonies for piano, im sure he didnt go along to a performance of each one and jot it down in real time! Good job by the way, thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

WilliamsMusicLover1138, are you still working on the new transcriptions? It's been almost a year since we last heard from you. I hope you are still active on the site. Can't wait to see how they've turned out.

WilliamsMusicLover1138, are you still working on the new transcriptions? It's been almost a year since we last heard from you. I hope you are still active on the site. Can't wait to see how they've turned out.

Yep, same question too !!

on my side i did many new recording of all kind but didn't put yet new transcriptions of my recording, but for the one who want to check my last recording (who include only one new williams recording, schindler's list theme), you can check http://www.youtube.com/user/didiermartini , last recording are : alan silvestri "valiant & valiant" + "the will" from roger rabbit, schindler's list, the main theme of the mini serie taken, a tune of my own (serenity), two tunes from the movie Top gun, composed by Mr Faltermeyer, and some other stuff.

• 3 years later...

WilliamsMusicLover1138! I've finally found you! I've been playing your "Battle of" arrangements for a long time now and always wondered where I could find you. Thank you, sir, for your truly wonderful arrangements. If you do any more SW transcriptions, I will be ecstatic (especially if you try your hand at the prequel music; there's not many arrangements out there of the fantastic prequel scores)! We will be watching your career with great interest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/8/2018 at 1:06 AM, Gnome in Plaid said:

It might be impolitic to ask, but does anyone still have the Nixon transcriptions?  The Sendspace link gives me an old court decision.

Those transcriptions were erased from the tape.

• 2 months later...