So what are the upcoming Williams scores?

MSM

This is getting out of control. Just pick something already!

Spielberg is rudderless. Maybe he should pursue a music career instead, like David Lynch.

Weirdly, when he was on Inside the Actor's Studio, he said that if he wasn't a director, he'd want to be a film composer.

This is getting out of control. Just pick something already!

Spielberg is rudderless. Maybe he should pursue a music career instead, like David Lynch.

Weirdly, when he was on Inside the Actor's Studio, he said that if he wasn't a director, he'd want to be a film composer.

Yes, he's said that on a few occasions. He's also a soundtrack collector and "one of us" that way.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think he will considering he hasn't been involved in the Harry Potter series for 10 years and the fact that he won't be involved with Jurassic World. And he didn't score the final Harry Potter film(s) even though he was seemingly willing.

However, David Heyman is still producing - and if Alfonso Cuarón will end up directing it, it could happen. But too many things would have to add up for it to be very likely.

Regular collaborator? Doyle scored 2 of his films in the 90s and they haven't worked together again since

I would love if his next Spielberg collaboration would be the Montezuma/Cortez story. It's the most gripping historical narrative I have ever come upon

I don't see JW OR Cuaron wanting to return for HP

No, Cuarón has said he would consider it, if they called him. Back when they we're shooting the sixth movie he also said he would consider returning, because it's the best time he has had on a film set.

As for Williams - I know Cuarón was very satisfied with the score, and if Heyman suggested it I could see an offer being made. But still unlikely.

I know Cuarón was very satisfied with the score, and if Heyman suggested it I could see an offer being made. But still unlikely.

Did he mention JW's score anywhere other than the director's note on the CD booklet?

Yeah there's a great making of video of the music where Cuarón talks quite a bit of Williams music, and he sounds very excited. He especially talks about Double Trouble and The Knight Bus, I remember. I can't find it though.

It's part 4 of the 8-part making of-documentary that was made. It's about the music and sound effects. And yes, he sounds very excited - both in older and recent interviews.

I don't see JW OR Cuaron wanting to return for HP

No, Cuarón has said he would consider it, if they called him. Back when they we're shooting the sixth movie he also said he would consider returning, because it's the best time he has had on a film set.

As for Williams - I know Cuarón was very satisfied with the score, and if Heyman suggested it I could see an offer being made. But still unlikely.

He's worked with Steven Price now, resulting in a very popular score. I could see that happening again.

It's part 4 of the 8-part making of-documentary that was made. It's about the music and sound effects. And yes, he sounds very excited - both in older and recent interviews.

Yes, that one! Do you have the link by chance? I can't seem to find it. I remember the keywords were in spanish, but I can't recall them....

He's worked with Steven Price now, resulting in a very popular score. I could see that happening again.

Of course, yes. I'm just saying that it's not impossible as Williams, Cuarón and Heyman did something that worked well in Rowling's universe in the past.

Yes, that one! Do you have the link by chance? I can't seem to find it. I remember the keywords were in spanish, but I can't recall them....

No, I believe it was removed! I have the DVD, though.

B.F.G. The Big Friendly Giant sounds great, as does that Cold War thriller based on a true story. Looking forward to both.

• 4 weeks later...

So I guess we have two scores next year to look forward to; The Cold War Thriller and Star Wars followed by The BFG in 2016. Keep 'em coming!

Looking forward to all of them, especially Star Wars, of course. I guess its to safe to assume that Williams will score the CW thriller and BFG since Spielberg is directing?

I think it's pretty safe to assume, yea. But FWIW, neither is on his offiicial resume on his agent's site yet

http://www.gsamusic.com/wp-content/uploads/bios/WILLIAMS_JOHN.pdf

(Though to be fair, Episode 7 is not on there yet either)

They include works in the future, but usually it takes awhile. I remember that by the time Lincoln was added, for instance, it was no surprise to us.

Based on previous assignments, I'd say the announcement on the "untitled Cold War spy thriller" may happen between November and January 2015, with recording sessions taking place around May. The BFG, on the other hand, may be recorded in February/March 2016. Pure speculation, of course :)

• 4 weeks later...

B.F.G. The Big Friendly Giant sounds great, as does that Cold War thriller based on a true story. Looking forward to both.

The former may be one of the last great fantasy scores we might get from the maestro. The latter I'm not that interested in. I expect something sounding in between Munich and Nixon.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything sounding like NIXON these days from John would be a blessing.

So you are basically bashing his latest output.

No. NIXON is one of my top 10 Williams scores. As strong as WAR HORSE, TIN-TIN, LINCOLN and THE BOOK THIEF are, they don't come anywhere close.

Only category where Nixon beats these four scores is originality. It is a weird score and "The Turbulent Years" is

a mess, lovely mess. And I do love this score.

But it cannot beat Williams' modern output which is outstanding. Underrated though.