Williams (January 1980)

Andrés Valvader

The January 10, 1980 he was appointed director of the BPO, and 17 continues recording TESB. What did Williams during these seven days (10-17) ?. Going to Boston and sign the contract as a director?, Rehearse the Carnegie Hall concert (January 22) ?. It was in London all the time?.

I need to compare information. Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Peculiar question, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I've often found some of Williams' travel itiniaries confusing -- for example when looking at projects in the 50s an 60s across the continent when airfare was steeper than it is today.

Sorry I can't help you with your query.

this is a job for Miguel

THIS!!! I will be disappointed if he is unable to produce PDF scans of the plane tickets, receipts for his cab fare, pictures of him holding a newspaper from January 13, 1980, his completed room service order forms, etc.

The January 10, 1980 he was appointed director of the BPO, and 17 continues recording TESB. What did Williams during these seven days (10-17) ?. Going to Boston and sign the contract as a director?, Rehearse the Carnegie Hall concert (January 22) ?. It was in London all the time?.

We want to know what he eat and with who he slept.

If memory serves he was announced as the new Pops music director while in London, where a press conference was held.

I don't have any material to support whatever theory for his whereabouts between the 10th and the 17th, but will check my archives later on and maybe I can find something. But for some reason I do believe he was in London and flew directly from London to New York for the Carnegie Hall concert.

Hot dog and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Hot dog and Michelle Pfeiffer.

I like it! And just few month before he married his second wife. At last, some crunchy gossips about the scandalous life of John Wiliams!