Signature Piece of The Force Awakens?

crumbs

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/john-williams-will-score-e7.50011867/page-64

A reliable poster at the The Force.net gave out an interesting tidbit. Can anyone here confirm or unconfirm this?

"My parents went to see the Boston Pops perform the cinematic music of John Williams the other night and although Williams himself wasn't conducting (Keith Lockhart was), he sent a note saying he's very busy working on the new score and hopes to start in on VII and IX soon. The orchestra then premiered about 30 seconds of the new score. My dad said it was fantastic."

From a different forum, person is reliable...not one to make crap up.

Lies. I was there and that's completely untrue.

LOL

How embarrassing....

Eh, I've posted far more embarrassingly inaccurate "news" in the past.

To be fair, it was from a pretty reliable poster. I'm assuming that his source which he said is reliable isn't really reliable. Unless the middle reliable poster was simply joking (which is actually a possibility the more I think about it).

Keith Lockhart did mention that John was writing the score to the new Star Wars film, and that he's sure everyone is looking forward to hearing it. Then he said here's a piece from the first Star Wars score and they played Throne Room and Finale. That's it.

Yea, it's possible a clueless general audience person might not recognize the opening of The Throne Room and think it's something new.

• 1 month later...

So you're saying that Williams is incapable of coming up with anything interesting for TFA and is, instead, relying on William Ross to write the interesting themes for him?

Truth to tell, a lot of the things that John Williams was supposed to come up with, I already done did that.

That's why he only came up with two signature pieces out of three of the PT movies.

The Force was with me :)

Rise of the First Order?

That reminds me!

Wouldn't something that epic be more likely to come in Episode 9 than Episde 7? This is kinda like a "setting the stage" film.

Episode 4 was "setting the stage" and it had epic music to spare......

Gentlemen I think we have the tracklist now: http://filmmusicreporter.com/

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Music by John Williams

Conducted and orchestrated by Conrad Pope

01. Star Wars & The Phasma Menace

02. Rey Of Hope*

03. Jakkuse*

04. No Country For Old Tusken

05. Life Of Poe**

06. The Perfect Stormtrooper

07. How To Train Your Krayt Dragon*/**

08. Galaxy's Worst Cantina***

09. Mad Maz*

10. Some Like It Hoth*

11. Gone With The X-Wing**

12. Huxed From Orbit*

13. Finding Kylo*

14. The Snoke Sense**

15. The Fault In Our Death Stars**

16. Remembering Han

17. Finn'ale and End Credits*/**

Total running time: 44:26

* Includes "Rey's Theme" composed by William Ross

** Includes music by Conrad Pope

*** Source music by Plan 9

I think it's a fake. The track order isn't nearly jumbled enough.

I agree! How are people going to be able to play the soundtrack in correct order on their automatic record changers? (*fret*, *fume*)

The Adventures of Han scherzo is going to be a hit during many Boston Pops concerts to come.

Karol

Played "Ad Nauseam" I'm sure......

I wonder if JW will finally give Han his own theme?

How I wish he'd written said theme as 1980's John Williams. The unknown quantity of Ford's portrayal of Solo in 2015 leaves me cautious about how Williams will interpret his character musically. Will Ford be tired old grandpa or charming rogue?

Han AND Chewie. They're a double act!

Maybe Williams can find some way to make THIS theme his own, in a slightly, rip-offish way!

:)

The Adventures of Han scherzo is going to be a hit during many Boston Pops concerts to come.

Karol

Played "Ad Nauseam" I'm sure......

Or "until mercy is given" as JW wrote on one manuscript of his source music for The Accidental Tourist. :P

Anne-Marie will love Sheeran all the more because of that comment.

Time would be right for a Randy Newman & Ed Sheeran Star Wars End Credits song duet.

If i try to summarize what we know from the general plot of the movie, it will talk about the discovery of a new hope, a new hero, that the Force itself will help to reveal.And in the meantime, reveal it's true identity (who is her/his father or mother).

Am i right?

As all Jedi and Sith "seems" to be extinct, the new major theme will be created for this revelation of the Force.