La La Land's 1941 Complete Score release

MrScratch

I've always enjoyed 1941 but was always satisfied with the original OST and never got the La La Land release but now am thinking of picking it up. Does this release sound better than the Varese Sarabande OST release? What is everyone's thoughts on the two releases?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound is improved, yes

It's also a 2CD set containing everything Williams recorded; The complete score to the film, alternates, and some source music. It's was all produced and edited by Mike Matessino, and LLL had their best art director, Jim Titus, do the art direction, so the entire package looks great. The booklet features liner notes by Mike Matessino.

Cannot recommend it more, it's great!

It's been a very long time since I've seen the movie. One more question, is that Jingle Bells source cue in a big band swing style like "In the Mood" and "Swing Swing Swing"?

There are a couple copies on ebay for less than what is on Amazon marketplace. Yeah, I totally should have picked this up before it went out of print. Oh well, can anyone tell me: Is that Jingle Bells source cue in a big band swing style like "In the Mood" and "Swing Swing Swing"?

I never owned the OST, but I bought the complete release and I've never regretted it. The sound is excellent.

The same as Data and I agree.

Yup. I have the previous OST but this new set blows it out of the water. Then again I have always had fondness for this score so more of it was only a blessing in this case. It is a top notch release in every way. Again with quite many JW scores the complete score fleshes out the narrative more with great moments missing from the OST like the oddly a tad Elgarian theme for Mr. Douglas's patriotism and all the zany action music from the final third of the album. Tons of variations on the march of course along the way. I am no huge audiophile but to my ears the sound is improved.

• 3 years later...