John Williams salutes Nancy Knutsen at this year's ASCAP Founders Awards

Thor

John Williams appeared as a surprise guest at this year's ASCAP Founders Awards a few days ago, to celebrate his former assistant Nancy Knutsen, who was among the people who got recognition.

More info here:

http://www.filmmusicsociety.org/news_events/features/2015/031015.html

Goldenthal was the 'main recipient' of the evening, however.

There are videos from the event here (including Goldenthal's speech), but nothing Williams- or Knutsen-related yet:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUo1XszOy_JkY0KzYagpJmsKWK3bAHeel

PaulNancyJohn.jpg

Btw, the guy on the left is Paul Williams, who has collaborated with JW on a couple of occasions.

Who are you working for? Lebowski? Jackie Treehorn?

The Knutsens.

The-who the fuck are the Knutsens?

The Knutsen's. It's a wandering daughter job. Bunny Lebowski, man. Her real name is Fawn Knutsen. Her parents want her back.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Crazy, huh? Ran away about a year ago. The Knutsens told me I should show her this when I found her. It's the family farm. It's outside of Moorhead, Minnesota. They think it'll make her homesick.

Oh, boy. How are you gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus?

Who are you working for? Lebowski? Jackie Treehorn?

The Knutsens.

The-who the fuck are the Knutsens?

The Knutsen's. It's a wandering daughter job. Bunny Lebowski, man. Her real name is Fawn Knutsen. Her parents want her back.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Crazy, huh? Ran away about a year ago. The Knutsens told me I should show her this when I found her. It's the family farm. It's outside of Moorhead, Minnesota. They think it'll make her homesick.

Oh, boy. How are you gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus?

I know that guy. He's a nihilist. Karl Hungus....

He looks splendid! He looks younger than his age, for sure.

But wow, is that lady at 6:23 actually trying to shuffle Williams off the stage?

He looks splendid! He looks younger than his age, for sure.

Bull! William Shatner looks younger then his age. JW looks old.

Your face is old.

In all seriousness, that is as about as healthy and vigorous as an 83 year old man is going to look--not to mention mentally witty and sharp.

In all seriousness, that is as about as healthy and vigorous as an 83 year old man is going to look--not to mention mentally witty and sharp.

I agree...this reassures me somehow

I'm really jealous of her - she got to hug John Williams!

Yes, he does look in fair shape here. It makes me want to know more about the 'minor health issue' that was apparently major enough for him to forfeit BoS.

I'm really jealous of her - she got to hug John Williams!

:lol:

Yes, he does look in fair shape here. It makes me want to know more about the 'minor health issue' that was apparently major enough for him to forfeit BoS.

Perhaps he got really, really bad food poisoning.

I really hope that the minor health issue didn't affect TFA...

What do you mean? How can a corrected minor health issue affect a half finished TFA score? The only effect you will see is that he will record it in LA.

What do you mean? How can a corrected minor health issue affect a half finished TFA score? The only effect you will see is that he will record it in LA.

The "minor health issue" caused John Williams to completely drop BoS so I wouldn't rule out if affecting TFA. And Is there any confirmation that the score is "half-finished" at this point? There's the Thaxton rumor but that's far from official.

It's a minor(!) health issue already corrected (!)... i don't get your way of thinking at all. He appeared healthy in LA two weeks ago, his new concert work premieres in july, he is already half through TFA, he wrote the themes in 2014, he is confirmed for BFG...

So what are you talking about? Neither official information (press releases, Griskey) nor rumours from industry insiders (Thaxton) nor other indications (concert dates in 2016, new concert work in july) seem to be enough for you. It's just ridiculous, sorry!

It's a minor(!) health issue already corrected (!)... i don't get your way of thinking at all. He appeared healthy in LA two weeks ago, his new concert work premieres in july, he is already half through TFA, he wrote the themes in 2014, he is confirmed for BFG...

So what are you talking about? Neither official information (press releases, Griskey) nor rumours from industry insiders (Thaxton) nor other indications (concert dates in 2016, new concert work in july) seem to be enough for you. It's just ridiculous, sorry!

Williams' better current state of health/future slate doesn't guarantee anything. The minor health issue threw off a whole bunch of things, including the entire scoring process of BoS, so there's a chance that it could have thrown off some of TFA too. As Doug Adams said, "In a busy interlocking schedule, it only takes one little thing to throw everything off."

It's still not confirmed that he wrote the themes in 2014. I'm doubtful of Griskey's claim. He's not involved with the film in any way and could have misheard or assumed (as with the recent "announcement" that the LSO would be doing the score).

Ford Thaxton's claim seems more reliable but even that isn't confirmed.

That being said, I'm probably wrong. I just don't want to rule it out the possibility that I'm right.

Williams' better current state of health/future slate doesn't guarantee anything. The minor health issue threw off a whole bunch of things, including the entire scoring process of BoS, so there's a chance that it could have thrown off some of TFA too. As Doug Adams said, "In a busy interlocking schedule, it only takes one little thing to throw everything off."

It's still not confirmed that he wrote the themes in 2014. I'm doubtful of Griskey's claim. He's not involved with the film in any way and could have misheard or assumed (as with the recent "announcement" that the LSO would be doing the score).

That being said, I'm probably wrong. I just don't want to rule it out the possibility that I'm right.

Official enough now? ;)

Official enough now? ;)

Okay, now I'm convinced that he's still doing it.