Victory Celebration

Why?

Why not? Would you be content with the explanation he would potentially give?

Besides, not every film composer can remember what they were thinking before and during every single cue they've ever composed.

Personally, I'd love to be able to do that.

I remember seeing an interview with him around the time of the SEs. I cannot remember who it was with, but Williams mentions that he was most concerned with capturing the rhythm and beat of the piece (victory celebration) more than anything else. I do not think he addressed the melodic line.

yeah I remember too

Victory Celebration is not really derived from Luke and Leia. They only share the first four intervals - a rising perfect fourth, followed a perfect fifth, then a descending major second (D-G-D-C).

Yup, and that's exactly the type of subtle derivation JW peppers throughout virtually all of his scores :) Of course no way to know for sure, but I'm about 85% certain that the reference was intentional.

The other possibility is JW was referencing Leonard Bernstein's "Make Our Garden Grow"... ;)

Watching that, the Lucas and McCallum commentary, it could as easily be a YouTube parody video. The amount of shite they talked about the Jabba dance number - easily one the worst and most redundant additions to the SE - is astounding. It's mind blowing that Lucas invested so much meaning into that particular 'enhancement', he even reckons it improves the intended mood of the whole Jabba's Palace setting. BOLLOCKS IT DOES. In the original scenes that place felt shady as fuck, it really worked. Now that cool and tangible criminal atmosphere is almost entire wiped out by Lucas and his clueless meddling.

And even on that crappy VHS upload the Sarlaac 'beak' looks like horrible cartoon CGI.

Lucas shouldn't be allowed withing 10 metres of Star Wars ever again.

Nostalgia isn't a sentiment reserved for people nearing the end of their mid-life crisis, Stefan.

Don't ... underestimate ... my feelings!

Data, you really need to get an avatar!

Everytime you post, I'm like: "Who is this random poster? Oh, my! That's Datameister!"

I got suckered into a plot to fill JWfan with avatar-less accounts, but when that plot never really came to fruition, I was too lazy to upload an avatar again...

Someday. Someday.

We tried! The revolution was nearly successful!