Lawsuit filed against James Cameron and friends

indy4

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

James Cameron has always come off as an arrogant and selfish person to me, so a part of me really wants this to work out. And certainly somebody deserves to sue him for Avatar, as the story was completely unoriginal. Maybe it's this guy.

Why would Cameron take the risk of literally stealing a story? He could easily afford to buy the rights of any story he wants. Each time a project is successful, someone wants a piece of the cake and claims he's the originator.

Why would Cameron take the risk of literally stealing a story? He could easily afford to buy the rights of any story he wants. Each time a project is successful, someone wants a piece of the cake and claims he's the originator.

I dunno, but he seems very proud of the fact that he had this idea for over a decade, he was just waiting for technology to catch up with his vision. At this point I doubt it really matters if he's sued or not, he is personally loaded, I think he looks at box office grosses as a measure of talent. I'm not saying I think this guy wrote Avatar, but I don't think Cameron is beyond stealing something to boost his reputation.

If anyone should be suing Cameron it should be the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Or his ghost, either way is good.

Cameron did say that he thought of Avatar as some sort of futuristic Burroughs adventure. That's why the creatures have six legs.

It was Star Trek that I first thought of when I saw Avatar (after Aliens, once they were on the planet). Disguising and infiltrating an alien culture after discretely studying them, relocating their population in some ultimate goal of acquiring something their planet contains? It's Star Trek. Several episodes and a movie, which were all better. However, I realize Star Trek drew inspiration for their stories as well. It's how this whole thing works.

James Horner should sue the composer of AVATAR also.

Oh, wait ;)

If anyone should be suing Cameron it should be the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Or his ghost, either way is good.

Cameron did say that he thought of Avatar as some sort of futuristic Burroughs adventure. That's why the creatures have six legs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, dont mention the legs....

Remember all species have six legs except the navi and the banshees.

WHY? WHY? WHY? HOW CAN THAT BE???

I should stop now...

Well inside the clade "six legs" there would be a "banshee/Leonopteryx" clade with flight adaptation and loss of limbs. I would put the Na'vi outside this clade sice they have mammal based skeletons and their respiratory organs are located differently to the six legged clade. The Na'vi and the monkey like things would be in two branches of a different clade, the "space monkeys" clade. These branches must have separated early, long ago. The Na'vi clade would have lost the double arms. The "space monkeys" share similar body structure, skull and "hair".

Then again, the Na'vi being actually based on mammals, it's hard to take this fauna seriously to classify anything in it. That's the real problem, and not what would be the use of more legs in a moon with less gravity than Earth.

What a surprise that it's IndyIV who dug this one up. I think he stalks Cameron online looking for ways to trash Avatar. One would think he'd gotten bored of it by now.

I'm sorry, in the future I'll try not to criticize directors/films you admire. I forgot how much of a sore spot it is.

What makes you think I could give a fuck about Cameron the man? He's a petulant bastard who happens to make great action movies.

Get off your high horse, fool. And find someone else to stalk.

What makes you think I could give a fuck about Cameron the man? He's a petulant bastard who happens to make great action movies.

Get off your high horse, fool. And find someone else to stalk.

Well, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think. I started a thread to spread information (a piece of information that my dad sent me, btw) and start discussion, and you attacked me. I wasn't sure where I went wrong (I'm not still), so I assumed the fault was with you.

If that works for you that's fine by me.

It just stood out to me, your continuing efforts, I mean. You can pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, but you know you've got a hard on for the guy really.

If this is true, why are they just NOW filing the lawsuit? LOL

+1

I think Cameron's a very arrogant filmmaker, but someone always wants money or attention off the back of it. So yeah, if this were a serious lawsuit, where's he been for 2 years?

Well inside the clade "six legs" there would be a "banshee/Leonopteryx" clade with flight adaptation and loss of limbs. I would put the Na'vi outside this clade sice they have mammal based skeletons and their respiratory organs are located differently to the six legged clade. The Na'vi and the monkey like things would be in two branches of a different clade, the "space monkeys" clade. These branches must have separated early, long ago. The Na'vi clade would have lost the double arms. The "space monkeys" share similar body structure, skull and "hair".

Then again, the Na'vi being actually based on mammals, it's hard to take this fauna seriously to classify anything in it. That's the real problem, and not what would be the use of more legs in a moon with less gravity than Earth.

This curious thing is the leonopteryx and the prolemurs have six limbs.

Wha,.. true, the Leonopteryx has six limbs. Maybe the banshees are a very derivated form. Maybe they aren't that much related and they just converged. Let me think this.

As for the prolemurs I remember them as having four limbs and the arms branched in two but I'm not sure.

James Cameron has always come off as an arrogant and selfish person to me, so a part of me really wants this to work out. And certainly somebody deserves to sue him for Avatar, as the story was completely unoriginal. Maybe it's this guy.

what a completely assinine statement, someone should sue you for your absurdity. It's obscene.

As for the prolemurs I remember them as having four limbs and the arms branched in two but I'm not sure.

yes. It would mean the two humerus merged into one... so the navi would have the two arms merged. (kinda like general grievous...)

should they have more than 4 fingers then? or not...

Anyway, we got our upright stance so we could have our hands useful for other means.

Why lose a pair of useful hands? makes no sense.