The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 Reboot film)

Trent B

I'll leave it up to you to re-affirm that JW is not among your favorite composers even if you post here every day

Comments like this on a JW fan site where most people worship him is just plain arrogant

Actually, I've never made any comments to the effect of stating that every JW score before Jaws, specifically the jazzy stuff from the 1960s, isn't worth getting.

Can you say the same with absolute clarity?

Either way, your sense of humor must have been made in Canada because it's broken.

Sorry but your comment seemed dead serious

For a lot of people here a new JWfan score is an important event in their lives, not something dismissed like you just did

I'm really looking forward to Horner's score and personally, I think it'll be the best superhero score we've had in the last few years. The comic book superhero genre has had some very disappointing scores...

As for the film, I hate it even more with this new trailer. This whole "I need to know about my parents" scenario is such an overdone, tired concept and I can't believe they're bringing that over to this film! And That trailer gets a huge "meh" from me too. To go on, this kid looks nothing Spiderman and doesn't seem to ever convince me that he's Spiderman either. Toby Mcguire was the perfect Spiderman and those films ranged from solid to great....they should have left it with that.

I will watch this money-grubbing, spin-off piece of trash for the sake of the score, but I have VERY low expectations...

I thought Mcguire was great as Spiderman. And yes, the 3rd film kind of screwed the pooch, but I liked the original trilogy. And I still stand by the fact that they haven't really made Andrew Garfield appear to be a good Spiderman in these trailers...

But, oh, why, god, why didn't they give the Lizard a snout?? He looks like shit without it! Give him a snout, and he would look badass!

I prefer it that way. It looks more like Ifans could actually transform into that. Plus it was like that in the comics.

Well the only aspect of this film I am interested in and excited about is the James Horner score.

The new trailer just confirmed this.

This summer, I am excited about The Dark Knight Rises film, but not the score - and The Amazing Spider-man's score, but not the film

But, oh, why, god, why didn't they give the Lizard a snout?? He looks like shit without it! Give him a snout, and he would look badass!

Really, i'm starting to get sick at nowadays unnacurate animals in films....

This summer, I am excited about The Dark Knight Rises film, but not the score - and The Amazing Spider-man's score, but not the film

Couldn't have put it better myself - though I have a tiny bit of hope that Zimmer will pull an At World's End with this one.

Couldn't have put it better myself - though I have a tiny bit of hope that Zimmer will pull an At World's End with this one.

I'm sure it will be the most enjoyable score of the three.

It's about a man who transforms into a lizard. Live a little, it's a damn movie, not National Geographic.

If he's going to have to show human emotions the reason for his look is purely practical.

And I'm the one who prefer films being National Geographic-like, but this is like a fantasy tongue in cheek villain concept, not an actual lizard!

It's about a man who transforms into a lizard. Live a little, it's a damn movie, not National Geographic.

:rolleyes: as if i was dead serious... just a little more comic accurate (i take most of the different comic incarnations have some kind of snout that dont..)

so he grows an arm and a two meter long tail. yet his face can't be elongated a little to resemble more a lizzard.

anyway... beware when you critisize something. I'll be there to remind you that life goes on. :P

I'm very much looking forward to the TDKR and TASM . Anticipation of the scores, however, is very tricky for me. I'm not crazy about Zimmer's and Howard's other two Batman scores. But I'll give Zimmer the benefit of the doubt. Since this is (hopefully) his last batscore. Maybe he'll actually go out with a bang. I'm not getting my hopes up though. I'm not ticked about Horner scoring this but I'm not excited about it either. Hopefully the film will at least provide some inspiration for him.

Back to the trailer it was cool and all but was unnecessary, imo. The second trailer showed enough. The third trailer gives away too much. I'm still looking forward to it, though.

I have to say, while the story doesn't sound interesting or anything, I like the look of the film. The colours, the lightning... Well, I know I'm saying that based on 3 2-minutes trailers, but still...

Well, they made the trailer to look shiny, colorful and well-lightened to have all the BloodyBoals to donate their dollars(pounds?).

BloodyBoals? You mean... there's more of them?

Karol

It..it can't be...

Always two there are.

But who is the master, and who is the apprentice?

There is no master and no apprentice. We all walk this Earth as equals. A BloodyBoal is worth just as much as the next one.

Psh. That's Jedi poodoo.

BloodBoal you forgot the final bonus track:

16. Through the Ever Fervescent Spider Web of Distant Time and Ocean of Memories of Sand and Fog (The Danger motif Concerto) of whopping 34 minutes which is a piece specifically written for the album.

Hot dang! I mean they robbed us of another 34 minutes of Danger Motif! Unfair! :crymore:

http://www.oscorpind...es.com/mutagen/

The clip betrays Horner's usual BEAUTIFUL MIND mystery string/piano style. No danger motif yet.

Are you sure its original music (I mean the clip starts off with the Da Vinci Code playing for some odd reason)? Well it probably is, for a minute I was sure it was A Beautiful Mind but it sort of deviates from that.

I've got two things to say about this clip:

1) The whole "tortured villain who believes he's doing the right thing" idea has been done so many times before. They're making it seem like he's this brilliant new kind of character and yet we've seen this kind of villain in so many films! And that whole "I don't know who my parents are" scheme is so overly cliche as well.

2) The CGI, effects and makeup look really bad...

They're reenacting AngHulk with Spider-Man.

Actually, they seem to be reenacting Batman Begins. Though both movies deal heavily with fatherhood themes.

http://www.oscorpind...es.com/mutagen/

The clip betrays Horner's usual BEAUTIFUL MIND mystery string/piano style. No danger motif yet.

Are you sure its original music?

I wouldn't be so facetious to call it 'original' but i expect it to be part from JH's score and as such it crushes the notion that he has deviated from his well-worn formula all too much.