The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

How does "crime doesn't pay" apply to Robin Hood? Robin Hood is the criminal! Sure, the Sheriff is evil and suppresses the people, but that's simply being immoral. He has the consent of the crown, albeit usurped and corrupted crown, which makes it legal.

Eh, it can be Robin Hood, just so it's one less I feel like buying.

How does "crime doesn't pay" apply to Robin Hood? Robin Hood is the criminal! Sure, the Sheriff is evil and suppresses the people, but that's simply being immoral. He has the consent of the crown, albeit usurped and corrupted crown, which makes it legal.

Eh, it can be Robin Hood, just so it's one less I feel like buying.

Good point.

Karol

In Back to The Future, crime didn't pay for the LIbyans (they broke their van), so it must be Back To The Future!

In part 2, the opening premise was that they needed to keep Marty's son (and daughter) from doing criminal activities/going to jail....

And Part 3 had outlaws.... (but thats varese...so.)

And in DuckTales, the Beagle Boys repeatedly discovered that crime doesn't pay because they never managed to keep control of Scrooge McDuck's money bin very long.

Though this wouldn't come from LLR. Intrada has the Disney connections. It wouldn't come from FSM either because I doubt that label was working on another Ron Jones project when the decision to stop publishing albums was made.

IF one is Home Alone 2 that would be cool for those who missed out on the original run from Varése. Part of me would be tempted to get it to match the release for Home Alone but I all ready have the Varése version and I'm happy about that.

I do hope one of them is Hook, though.

ROTFLMAO

Smart ass.

I'd love Home Alone 2 - Varese sold out of the DE before I knew what the LE 'thing' was so I never got a copy. It goes for preposterous prices on ebay these days.

Can't think of anything else I'd go for involving crime...

Here they are!!!

556847_10151353875608755_908653504_n.jpg

It’s here! The Black Friday announcement from La-La Land Records!

You all know about the 800 pound gorilla STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES COLLECTION coming out, but we here at Santa’s workshop feel that the other 3 titles going on sale Tuesday December 4, 2012 at 1 pm pst are worth being “enthusiastic” over:

First up:

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE -- 2 CD SET

MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS

LLLCD 1232

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN AND MIKE MATESSINO

MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO

LINER NOTES BY MIKE MATESSINO

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox are proud to announce the 20th Anniversary release of one of John Williams’ timeless scores. This newly remastered and slightly expanded reissue features fantastic sound and detailed liner notes by John Williams historian, Mike Matessino. Jim Titus’ festive artwork not only compliments this holiday classic but makes for a great companion to the work he did on our previous release of HOME ALONE two Christmas’ ago. This is a great opportunity to pick up this whimsical score if you missed out on the previous release.

We now go from uptown to downtown…and all over the boroughs for that matter. . .

Ten years ago when Matt and I were forming La-La Land Records we had a number of soundtracks we wanted to see released – Batman the Animated Series, Blazing Saddles, Godzilla (1998), Bad Boys, Friday the 13th, The X Files, Scrooged, Airplane, expanded ID4, and a host of others. Near the top of this list was a score from a 1995 film that had a soundtrack release, but due to scheduling issues what came out was only a fraction of the score as written and recorded for the film. Last minute pick-ups prevented some of the best music from the film from being on the cd. After spending years looking for all the elements (finally located in the vaults at Disney) we are proud to present one of our Holiest Grails:

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK -- 2 CD SET

MUSIC BY MICHAEL KAMEN

LLLCD 1233

LIMITED EDITION OF 4000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN, MIKE MATESSINO and DIDIER C. DEUTSCH

MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO

LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

Michael Kamen is back with a vengeance at La-La Land Records with this spectacular 2 cd set brought to you courtesy of Sony Music and 20th Century Fox . Literally years in the making, this explosive set features over 2 hours of music written and recorded for the third film in the Die Hard franchise. The soundtrack that was released back in 1995 only contained only a fair amount of score, songs and some classical cues that were not ever featured in the final film. This newly expanded release gives the fans what they have been clamoring for…and then some. Not only are we releasing the score as written for the film, but also several rejected tracks never heard until now. If you are fan of high octane, action packed scoring this is a must have release!

2012 has been a wonderful year of releases for La-La Land Records – titles like Friday the 13th, Hook, Star Trek the Motion Picture and more music from Batman The Animated Series got everyone at our offices dancing a jig upon their respective release dates, but this final title of our “Black Friday” batch is the one we have been waiting to unleash. Next to Ghostbusters, this film is the most quoted movie around the triple “L” offices. When you have a dynamite script written by Mamet, stellar direction by a master like DePalma and actors like DeNiro, Connery and Costner bringing their “A” game you have to have the Maestro of Maestro’s deliver the score of a life time…and 25 years ago, that’s exactly what we got.

THE UNTOUCHABLES – EXPANDED 2 CD SET

MUSIC BY ENNIO MORRICONE

LLLCD 1236

LIMITED EDITION OF 3500 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER AND NEIL S. BULK

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ

LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Universal Music and Paramount Pictures are proud to announce the 25th Anniversary 2 cd set of Ennio Morricone’s masterpiece THE UNTOUCHABLES. Disc One of this stellar set features the score as heard in the film. Disc two features the Grammy award winning album presentation as well a number of bonus tracks including the unused song performed by Randy Edelman that was based on the love theme from the film. What makes this release extra special is now the fans of the score can hear both versions of the Maestro’s powerful score on cd – the film mix as well as the original album mix – both have never sounded better!

These 3 releases as well as our 15 cd box set of Star Trek The Original Series go on sale Tuesday, December 4 at 1 pm pst at www.lalalandrecords.com and other fine online stores.

Happy holidays from everyone here at La-La Land Records.

And thank you for supporting the label for the last 10 years. Here’s to another 10 years!

Damn you La-La-Land! You force me to re-buy Home Alone 2! Slightly expanded! If there is more music to be had, I can't miss out on this one!

I'm a little angry with the Home ALone 2. It says it's slightly expanded!!

WHy on earth don't they make a COMPLETELY complete score from the start and compel us to buy all editions like this?

I think the same will happen with Hook in the future! They will release a trully complete score and we will have to buy AGAIN!

That's why i always say: if you don't do something right, don't do it at all!

(i wonder what was missing from the varese release? maybe a source cue or something?)

I actually missed out on Home Alone 2 with the previous Varese releases, so this release is PERFECT for me! WOO HOO!

But how is it slightly expanded? It seemed like the Varese expansion was complete, save for some clean endings? Maybe they got some alternates, kind of like the same deal with BuySoundtrax Godzilla release.

Ha! I knew it. Thrilled to see both Die Hard 3 and Home Alone 2. And surprised about The Untouchables, a score I like but never had a chance to buy.

Karol - buying all three.

I think the same will happen with Hook in the future! They will release a trully complete score and we will have to buy AGAIN!

No, we don't. We can act like thinking men and just let it pass (at least HA 2, the final battle from HOOK is another matter).

WHy on earth don't they make a COMPLETELY complete score from the start and compel us to buy all editions like this?

(i wonder what was missing from the varese release? maybe a source cue or something?)

Well, Varese's Home Alone 2 was the complete score and nearly perfect aside from being too loud. La-La Land had the opportunity to reissue, remaster and apparently expand, so great. I hope the additional tracks are without vocals.

Yeah, I wonder how this is expanded. Never thought I'd h

Yeah I kind of agree - this is one release I didn't think I'd be buying again. Godzilla was another.

Seems I'm getting Home Alone 2, again. I wonder how "expanded" it will be.

I would laugh if by "slightly expanded" they meant "we have the 7 seconds missing insert from the Varese Edition." ROTFLMAO

But how is it slightly expanded? It seemed like the Varese expansion was complete, save for some clean endings?

I checked my notes and two source cues are missing, Winter Wonderland and Silver Bells. Basically it was background music that was played in the hotel. Aside from this I recall some music when Kevin is being forced to apologize to everybody, I believe that music was not on the previous expanded release but I could be mistaken.

Gah, another HA2? My interest seriously depends on what material is added and whether the sound is seriously improved (and the last release sounds fine).

And regarding The Untouchables... is there anything relevant missing from the album? I don't remember anything, except perhaps different bits and pieces of the full album arrangements spread across the film.

Well, Varese's Home Alone 2 was the complete score and nearly perfect aside from being too loud. La-La Land had the opportunity to reissue, remaster and apparently expand, so great. I hope the additional tracks are without vocals.

Define "too loud"?

Kudos to MV and the gang at LaLaLand for a solid Black Friday group, thank goodness for my wallet there's only one extra title in the LaLaLand batch that I want.

Star Trek and Die Hard 3 for me.

I only have enough money to get one title and it will be Die Hard 3.

For Home Alone 2, I am curious as to how much more the sound has been improved compared to the Varèse release. I have the Varèse "Deluxe Edition" and I thought it sounds fine.

Home Alone 2 tracklist:

http://www.facebook....31953754&type=1

205589_10151354292033755_274018297_n.jpg

DISC 1

1 Somewhere in My Memory 3:54

(Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

2 Star of Bethlehem 3:32

(Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse)

Chorus & Orchestra

3 Home Alone (Main Title) 2:10

4 This Year’s Wish 1:48

5 We Overslept Again / Holiday Flight 3:18

6 Separate Vacations 1:58

7 Arrival in New York 2:58

8 The Thieves Return 3:29

9 Plaza Hotel 3:04

10 Concierge 1:32

11 Distant Goodnights (Christmas Star) 2:05

12 A Day in the City 1:00

13 Duncan’s Toy Store 2:42

14 Turtle Doves 1:29

15 To the Plaza, Presto 3:25

16 Race to the Room / Hot Pursuit 4:10

17 Haunted Brownstone 3:01

18 Appearance of the Pigeon Lady 3:23

19 Christmas at Carnegie Hall 5:11

O Come, All Ye Faithful / O Little Town of Bethlehem / Silent Night

Disc 1: 54:09

DISC 2

1 Christmas Star – Preparing the Trap 4:23

2 Another Christmas in the Trenches 2:34

3 Running Through Town 1:16

4 Luring the Thieves 4:02

5 Kevin’s Booby Traps 7:25

6 Down the Rope /Into the Park 5:07

7 Reunion at Rockefeller Center /It’s Christmas 5:21

8 Finale 2:00

9 We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Traditional) / Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas 2:52

10 End Titles (“Somewhere in My Memory”) 1:34

11 God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen /Good King Wenceslas (Traditional)* 2:23

Additional Music:

12 The Christmas Song* 1:42

13 Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!* 1:16

14 Winter Wonderland* 3:25

15 My Christmas Tree 2:39

(Written by Jack Feldman and Alan Menken)

16 Christmas Star 3:21

17 Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (alternate) 2:44*

18 Celebrity Ding-Dang-Dong* :41

19 Holiday Flight (alternate) 2:26

20 Suite from “Angels with Filthy Souls II” :58

21 Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (orchestra) 2:27

Disc 2: 58:37

Total Two-Disc Time: 112:46

* Previously Unreleased